Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (157 Viewers)

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
I hope Amauri realizes that he is not in Dunga's first choice of strikers, if the coach picks Adriano ahead of you when in the last two season you have scored more goals and played 10 times better than him and actually turned up to training, not drunk and played almost every game of the past two season I think its clear that he has chosen who he likes and will only change his mind when injuries happen

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I hope Amauri realizes that he is not in Dunga's first choice of strikers, if the coach picks Adriano ahead of you when in the last two season you have scored more goals and played 10 times better than him and actually turned up to training, not drunk and played almost every game of the past two season I think its clear that he has chosen who he likes and will only change his mind when injuries happen

:agree: Thats Dunga for me ...

On the other hand, Congrats to Amauri

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Juventus have announced they will block Amauri's debut for the Brazil squad against Juventus because the request came too late.

Carlos Dunga had originally left him out of the side to face Italy on February 10, but added his name after Luis Fabiano pulled out with an injury.

The official paperwork has not yet been received by the Bianconeri, so it would be even later than the deadline.

“The club's decision is that the request is past the deadline, so if it does come in, then we will not release the player,” confirmed President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

“We need to concentrate, now more than ever, on the upcoming Juventus appointments and so we want Amauri to stay with us during this period.

“He will be available for the Coppa Italia and then Ranieri will decide whether to field him.”

There are rumours Amauri was irritated at being second choice and feels Dunga only called him in order to 'tie' the striker to Brazil, therefore destroying any chance of playing for Italy in the future.

“[General manager Jean-Claude] Blanc spoke with Amauri and explained our position. The player understood and accepted without asking for us to change our minds,” continued Cobolli Gigli.

“I wish to point out that the player had nothing to do with making the decision, it was entirely down to Juventus.”

The Bianconeri's Scudetto hopes are fast evaporating after two straight defeats in three days against Udinese and Cagliari.

“I think these six points we have dropped this week are very important, but seeing what occurred in previous seasons, anything can still happen.

“We have to maintain our grit and belief, then wait and see what happens. Obviously we're not in the same position we were a week ago.

“We were not competitive against Udinese, but with Cagliari we were more impressive and conceded two counter-attacks that changed the game. I saw definite improvements in the performance, if not the result.”

President Cobolli Gigli also confirmed that Zenit St Petersburg have made an official bid for Vincenzo Iaquinta.

“Zenit's offer for Iaquinta did arrive, but we did not take it into consideration.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great news IMO :tup:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
amauri was the best player we had out there tonight by far IMO

even though he didn't get his name on the score sheet, he still played his ass off fighting for possession, making a few great passes for chances and shredding through cagliari's defense like it was his own backyard

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think it's extremely ugly from our management to block Amauri's international experience. He's been craving to have it and once he got it they block him. Out of encouragement and gratitude to what he's done they should have let him go even if the request came after the deadline.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Blog: Amauri's Choice
The Amauri soap opera is set to continue and Susy Campanale is ready to switch off

The saga of Amauri’s ever-wavering nationality is set to drag on for a few more months thanks to Juventus’ refusal to release the player because Brazil applied past the FIFA deadline. Frankly, I no longer care who he chooses – or rather who chooses him, seeing as he’s waiting at the sidelines like the last kid to be picked in the school playground – as long as I don’t have to hear about it any more. Flip a coin, anything, just… enough!

Don’t get me wrong, Amauri is a very good player who would probably aid the Azzurri cause and flourish under Marcello Lippi’s guidance. It is just increasingly irritating to see him so obviously waiting for Carlos Dunga to dangle a morsel in front of his face. We know he wants to play for Brazil and is viewing Italy as an alternative. He was called up because Luis Fabiano pulled out injured, so should he be second choice to his first choice nation or first choice to his second choice nation? Or just go the whole hog and play for Timbuktu?

This isn’t the first Amauri dilemma, as in the summer he was so close to joining Milan before eventually plumping for Juventus. Was that the right decision? He may have been scoring freely in the first half of the season, but the 3-2 defeat to Cagliari highlighted the basic problem with the Bianconeri: he gets no service. Amauri’s strength is in the air, but barely a cross was put in for his head during last night’s match. He had to come deep and try to dribble past the entire Sardinian defence. Now look at Milan’s trouble: endless crosses and nobody to get on the end of them. How Amauri would be useful for the Rossoneri right now!

How much would Claudio Ranieri relish one of Milan’s spare creative midfielders? It has become evident the Bianconeri do not have any alternatives in the middle when things go pear-shaped, so by throwing on an extra striker – as Ranieri did against Cagliari – it just cuts out the midfield entirely and leaves embarrassing amounts of space at the back for the opponents to counter-attack.

If Juve and Milan would suck up some of their pride and do a January swap to complete each others’ squads, they’d be in with a strong Scudetto shout. But no, neither club wants to admit it made a pig’s ear of the transfer policy, so they sit back and watch Inter sail away over the horizon.

Source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/blogs/sc53.html

I echo some of the valid points in this blog. Last nite, Amauri has had a good game despite the disappointing result. However, I did notice he was always falling back to get the ball and trying to dribble through the Cagliari defense through the wings. While it maybe nice to watch him taking on and beating opponents.
But as the Prima Punta, he should be at the end of it and not so much at the middle of it ...

CheSchifo!

Jan 11, 2009
I think it's extremely ugly from our management to block Amauri's international experience. He's been craving to have it and once he got it they block him. Out of encouragement and gratitude to what he's done they should have let him go even if the request came after the deadline.
I think he asked them to do it (even if they say he didn't). Seems like the easy way out.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think he asked them to do it (even if they say he didn't). Seems like the easy way out.
I based my comment on Gigli's quote. If it is Amauri's decision (which I also understand based on Dunga's stupidity) then I withdraw my comment. But we can never know the real truth behind it.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Could it be that Amauri's awaiting his Italian citizenship? It strikes me as quite obvious that his relationship with Lippi is better than that with Dunga.

Not to mention the fact that he would be a certain starter for Italy, only really competing with an underperforming Luca Toni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 157)