Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (98 Viewers)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
It's great performance by him... Also gave an assist for Poulsen's goal
Although there is very little support from our players when attack
He can hold the ball well against 2-4 Catania players

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
thats zambrotta btw

anyways Dunga being the douche he is is blaming juventus for not letting amauri live his dream to play for brazil, WHAT A FUCKING JACKASS! how f*cking dare he over look amauri on so many occasions then when fabiano gets injured he wants amauri after the selection deadline, and thats Juve's fault! walk on DUNG-A. Brazil have plenty other strikers to select from and selecting amauri as fabiano's replacement is like being rejected by the fittest girl in the class and settling for the class munter

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dunga: I haven't shut Amauri out

Brazil boss Carlos Dunga insists that by not selecting Amauri for Tuesday's friendly with Italy, he protected the player.

Dunga, who chose to call up Adriano, Luis Fabiano, Robinho and Alexandre Pato, originally snubbed the Juventus striker.

However, when Fabiano got injured days before the game, Dunga tried to replace him with Amauri but Juventus would not release the 28-year-old.

The truth is simple,” Dunga told Il Corriere dello Sport. “On the one hand, there is a situation of great competition.

“I have a hierarchy - Luis Fabiano, Adriano, Robinho and Pato - as well as a group of attackers under observation like Vagner Love, Keirrison, Kleber and Neymar.

“I would have been able to select Amauri and that's all
,” Dunga explained. “I was a player, too, and I looked to protect him.

“An avalanche of pressure arrived with regard to him. I am not going to fight against the world. If it's like this all the time, I won't call him up
.”

When asked if he should tell Amauri he doesn't have a future with Brazil, Dunga was very pragmatic.

I don't think about this,” he said. “If there is one stupid thing in football it is to say the word 'never.' I have not closed the door to Amauri.”

Amauri's international future is a hot topic in Italy. The former Palermo attacker of Brazilian descent has applied for an Italian passport and could play for the Azzurri if granted citizenship.

Amauri has been in excellent form since joining Juventus in the summer. He has scored 11 goals in 23 appearances for the club in Serie A.

channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)