Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (156 Viewers)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,008
    c4

Dunga ignores Amauri

Tuesday 4 November, 2008

Brazil Coach Carlos Dunga has omitted Juventus star Amauri from his Brazil squad for a friendly with Portugal on November 19.

The Brazilian has yet to be capped by the Selecao, leaving him free to play for Italy if, as expected, he receives an Italian passport.

Amauri has made an exceptional start to his Juventus career, scoring five goals in 10 starts in Serie A.

“I live one day at a time,” he admitted. “This situation embarrasses me, I have not received one signal from Brazil. We will see. Meanwhile, my national team is Juventus.”

The decision comes soon after Italy Coach Marcello Lippi told the Italian Press that he would only think about selecting the former Palermo forward when he becomes an Italian citizen.

“I have spoken with Amauri only once. I said to him that the moment in which he will be Italian, and only then, will I take into consideration the possibility of calling him up.”

Dunga has instead chosen Adriano to lead his forward line against Portugal despite the fact the Inter striker has been frozen out of Jose Mourinho's plans.

His teammates Julio Cesar, Douglas Maicon and Amantino Mancini were also called up, as were Milan's Kaka and Roma's Alexander Doni.

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
    Sep 19, 2008
    move u slow bastard ... man he should move more .. nedved should give him a couple of crash courses .. he's a great striker but he's slow and he tries to do what del peiro does by holding the ball but your not del piero man ... delly is pure class!!! ... so move it! .... love him and hate him :D!

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
    The man's class ... but i think he is somehow overwork in the past few weeks with Trez out and IQ juz returning from injury and also having to play 2 games per week.
    Something which he is not used to in Palermo.

In fact he has the most minutes in Juve rite now, he needs a re-fuel ...

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    move u slow bastard ... man he should move more .. nedved should give him a couple of crash courses .. he's a great striker but he's slow and he tries to do what del peiro does by holding the ball but your not del piero man ... delly is pure class!!! ... so move it! .... love him and hate him :D!
    you are stupid

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    and i wasnt reffering to his feet but to his legs ... if u no what i mean ... he has quick feet but he's a mediocre runner ...
    yes I do no what you mean, and it is BS...Amauri is pretty quick, he isn't able to show that because of our playing style...we tend to reach him by using the long ball, so he cannot exhibit his pace when he is having aerial battles with CBs...a great example of his pace would be his winning goal in the Turin derby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 156)