Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (29 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not backtracking on anything, you're clutching at straws and in no way am I in the wrong here. I still stand behind my initial statement, Amauri was a failure in his two seasons, as one winter period can't possibly save a whole season. I already explained that.
:sergio:

But it wasn't even the winter period. It was the entire half season, from September until late January, in which Amauri was very good. Then he was injured a la Trezeguet. At least get it right.

And Trezeguet has had similar seasons where one half has been good, the other poor, also due to injury at times. So has Del Piero. And again, nobody is excusing Amauri for having a poor year last year. It's simply that you aren't looking at this objectively.

If half a season with good Amauri performances is considered poor, then Trezeguet and Del Piero have had very poor seasons as well.

That's all I'm getting at. I don't care to compare Amauri to Trez or Del Piero. I'm just saying you're not being objective.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

But it wasn't even the winter period. It was the entire half season, from September until late January, in which Amauri was very good. Then he was injured a la Trezeguet. At least get it right.

And Trezeguet has had similar seasons where one half has been good, the other poor, also due to injury at times. So has Del Piero. And again, nobody is excusing Amauri for having a poor year last year. It's simply that you aren't looking at this objectively.

If half a season with good Amauri performances is considered poor, then Trezeguet and Del Piero have had very poor seasons as well.

That's all I'm getting at. I don't care to compare Amauri to Trez or Del Piero. I'm just saying you're not being objective.
Wow, you are really something, now you're clutching onto semantics. It's the first half of the season, and when you finish first at the first half of that season, what are you called? Winter champions. It's just a freaking expression, not that it matters or changes anything.

And you keep on insisting on this injury of his, let me put it this way;

in 08/09, Amauri was injured, but still started 32 games and scored 13 goals. Iaquinta started 29 games and scored 15 goals.
in 09/10, Iaquinta was injured, started 21 games, scored 7 goals. Amauri was fit, started 31 games and scored the same amount of goals.

in 08/09, Trezeguet was injured, missing 4-5 months after surgery, started 8 games and scored 3 goals. Amauri started 32 games and scored 13 goals. Bravo Amauri, you win against a crippled Trezeguet.
in 09/10, neither was injured seriously, Amauri started 31 games and scored 7 goals. Trezeguet started 18 games, scored 9 goals.

Don't you see a pattern there? Amauri is constantly started, yet outscored. In only scenario Amauri comes out on top was 08/09 against a crippled Trezeguet, who missed more than half a season.

Fuck that first half of season, when he has been utter shit the whole time after it. Of course Trez and DP had poor seasons, mixed performances throughout the years. But they've earned their place and showed their consistency through the years.

I'm judging Amauri at Juventus; not passed. If that first half of season is enough for you...so be it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

How on earth is he not being objective? The only true way of being objective is taking a look at the numbers. I think we can all agree that for centre forwards it's important to score goals. Amauri doesn't do that.

I know there are other factors to consider too, but you're acting as if it's not a big deal at all, when it clearly is. Grow up FFS. You do this all the time. You're clearly biased, but instead of defending your own bias, you call out the other guy. It's pathetic. Learn to debate, dude.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

icεmαή;2644419 said:
He hasn't done that ever in his career. Its about fuckin' time.
Exactly. But he should finally, the whole team is being practically tailor-made for his style of play. It just remains to be seen whether we will be able to creat a shitload of chances for him, as he certainly needs those, given his chances/goals scored ratio. :disagree:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
How on earth is he not being objective? The only true way of being objective is taking a look at the numbers. I think we can all agree that for centre forwards it's important to score goals. Amauri doesn't do that.

I know there are other factors to consider too, but you're acting as if it's not a big deal at all, when it clearly is. Grow up FFS. You do this all the time. You're clearly biased, but instead of defending your own bias, you call out the other guy. It's pathetic. Learn to debate, dude.
I like how you rear your head into this argument just to strike a blow at Andy :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I like how you rear your head into this argument just to strike a blow at Andy :D
:D

He really annoyed me there though. V is obviously trying to be as objective as he can be and he never denied the fact that he likes Trez better. But then Andy comes down on him preaching all about how objectivity is important, while completely ignoring the statistics.

In all honesty it should be obvious to anyone that Amauri has had two bad seasons. Last year he was bloody awful, the year before a bit better, but still bad.

I don't want him to go for tactical reasons and if I were to sell a striker, it would be Iaquinta, even though he has done much better than Amauri.

Aug 1, 2003
First of all, thanks for the goal and if he continues to score, better for him and Juventus.

Second I have to agree. His main job is to score, and he has scored very few for the past seasons. This isn't a Amauri vs Trez vs Iaquinta who's a fanboy of what thing, Amauri has just missed far too many chances considering the starts he has gotten compared to the rest. I think we've given him ample time to work on this but personally I wouldn't want to wait any longer, we should consider Amauri not being our first striker for the simple reason that he does not score goals as much as he should.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Amoori looks pretty good right now, even if he is still a bit isolated at times. At least now we have wingers he gets some service, Diego needs to stay forward.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Amauri creates chances for himself that Trezeguet would only dream of. Then when he misses the chance you guys nail him.

He was a friggin animal for us when we first brought him in, when we had a half-way decent team and a semi-competent manager. He worked his ass off for half a year and burnt out.

Last year he was shit, along with everyone. Literally everyone.

This year it looks like we have a half-way decent team again and a semi-competent manager. 3 goals in 3 games. He manhandled those scrubs in Shamrock like he should have.

He is easily the most talented striker on the roster. He's physically more gifted than Iaquinta and has more skill to boot. Trezeguet is a better finisher, no question, but he won't receive half the chances Amauri does because he can't run or handle a ball anymore.

This love for Trezeguet is seriously misguided. He was one of the best poachers in the world but even last year you could see he has declined in that area. He's still good but not good enough in that area to overcome all his other shortcomings. He can't run or dribble anymore people.

I mean, Amauri climbs over 2 defenders to get a header on target from 15 yards out and you people label that a "missed chance".

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

OK, Trezeguet's suspicious form aside, Iaquinta aside, looking at Amauri alone, he simply doesn't deliver. He's the only striker on the pitch now if we're playing with Diego so I don't give a shit for his hard work if he doesn't score goals. What freaking good does it do if he wrestles 2 defenders for a header which will simply go wide? Against Sturm he had 4 freaking headers that all went nowhere. I don't expect every shot to be a goal, but for a striker who's biggest asset is heading he's really not doing it well.

Take the Sturm goal for example. He scored it not by being a bully but by being intelligent. He came from the background with no one around him and he was already in the air to connect and no one to stop him anymore. Good header, no doubt, but that goal would be scored by both Iaquinta and Trezeguet. Bonucci's header was for example, more difficult as he had 2 defenders around him.

And no since we seem to be getting Aquilani, I'm more and more conviced Trezeguet should be given a chance. Aquilani is a great passer with a lot of vision and that is something that compliments Trez a lot more than Amauri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)