Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (25 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
every time he misses everyone moans even if it was an impossible chance that really no one else would attempt.

get the fuck over it, he is our most in form forward, he is proving he can score.
Dude, STFU. Everyone knows Dzeko created all his chances and didn't miss a single shot in Bundesliga. Stop playing the race card and say this guy is better than anybody just because he's Bozonian!!!!!!!!!

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

every time he misses everyone moans even if it was an impossible chance that really no one else would attempt.

get the fuck over it, he is our most in form forward, he is proving he can score.
Lets not compare this guy to Dzeko, please. It's an insult to the Bosnian.

And boo-fucking-who, this guy still has a long way to go to erase the 2 previous, ass-wipe seasons he has had with us. Not to mention a decade of not being able to score more than 15 goals a season. And what's worse, if he does score 20 goals, folks here will say his 22m price tag was justified.

Fact is he's keeping a more competent striker on the bench. Trez is fit and this guy doesn't hold a candle to him, not in any shape or form.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And boo-fucking-who, this guy still has a long way to go to erase the 2 previous, ass-wipe seasons he has had with us.
More bullshit. Amauri showed his worth during his first season here, before his injury. He was probably our best striker in 2008, besides Ale.

If Amauri was Croatian you'd be all over his nuts for his first season.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

More bullshit. Amauri showed his worth during his first season here, before his injury. He was probably our best striker in 2008, besides Ale.

If Amauri was Croatian you'd be all over his nuts for his first season.
Give me a break, two months don't constitute a good season. He played over 30 games and scored 13 goals. Iaquinta outscored him in that season, with 15 goals between CL and Serie A, even though he had less games. Heck, every season Amauri is outscored by all our forwards, even though he has the most games. You're delusional, I honestly don't get why this guy is defended so much.

Yeah, OK.

i wasnt comparing anyone to dzeko, i was simply saying he is in form and scoring, what more do you guys want?
That's fine, if he continues this and ends up with over 20 goals this season, I'll gladly give him credit and admit I was wrong.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Give me a break, two months don't constitute a good season. He played over 30 games and scored 13 goals. Iaquinta outscored him in that season, with 15 goals between CL and Serie A, even though he had less games. Heck, every season Amauri is outscored by all our forwards, even though he has the most games. You're delusional, I honestly don't get why this guy is defended so much.

Yeah, OK.

That's fine, if he continues this and ends up with over 20 goals this season, I'll gladly give him credit and admit I was wrong.
Amauri scored 11 goals in 17 Serie A matches during the Fall of his first season. Then he was injured and Iaquinta received more time from Ranieri. Also, take a look back at the Real Madrid matches from 2008. The majority of the forum was praising Amauri for his displays, claiming he was crucial for our back to back wins over Real, plus the other group matches when we were struggling overall. It's not just me, it's the likes of Alen and Jack as well.

So it's not just 2 months, it isn't just myself claiming this, but it is common knowledge that Amauri was great in his first half season here. Claiming he never had any positive spells with us is complete horse shit and I will call it as such. Seriously, stop revising history.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Amauri scored 11 goals in 17 Serie A matches during the Fall of his first season. Then he was injured and Iaquinta received more time from Ranieri. Also, take a look back at the Real Madrid matches from 2008. The majority of the forum was praising Amauri for his displays, claiming he was crucial for our back to back wins over Real, plus the other group matches when we were struggling overall. It's not just me, it's the likes of Alen and Jack as well.

So it's not just 2 months, it isn't just myself claiming this, but it is common knowledge that Amauri was great in his first half season here. Claiming he never had any positive spells with us is complete horse shit and I will call it as such. Seriously, stop revising history.
I'm not saying he wasn't good in the first half, he was. I'm saying that doesn't make up for a whole season. This guy is here for two whole years and you're justifying him for his first 3.5 months? After his dynamo of a half season, the guy couldn't score if his life depended on it, scoring 8 goals between the second part of his first season his whole second season. I'm sorry but the latter overrides his amazing first 3.5 months in the fall period.

Last year Trezeguet had half the games but two more goals. Iaquinta had half the games, scored the same amount of goals. Don't you see something wrong with that?

You're saying don't revisit history, whereas you do the same thing. Only I'm revisiting the 3/4 of his history while you're revisiting 1/4 of it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not saying he wasn't good in the first half, he was. I'm saying that doesn't make up for a whole season. This guy is here for two whole years and you're justifying him for his first 3.5 months? After his dynamo of a half season, the guy couldn't score if his life depended on it, scoring 8 goals between the second part of his first season and 7 goals in his whole second season. I'm sorry but the latter overrides his amazing first 3.5 months in the fall period.

Last year Trezeguet had half the games but two more goals. Iaquinta had half the games, scored the same amount of goals. Don't you see something wrong with that?

You're saying don't revisit history, whereas you do the same thing. Only I'm revisiting the 3/4 of his history while you're revisiting 1/4 of it.
Umm, no. You originally said this.

And boo-fucking-who, this guy still has a long way to go to erase the 2 previous, ass-wipe seasons he has had with us.
"Ass-wipe" seasons, at least here in the US, means no good whatsoever. And interpreted as such, you were wrong about that. Glad you at least budged about two months on that judgement... perhaps next time you will evaluate Amauri a little more fairly, as in the entire season.

Only idiots compare Amauri to Trez. Nobody apart from you seem to be doing that. We know you love Trezeguet, no need to defend him against a group of well... nobody. It's inane.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Umm, no. You originally said this.

"Ass-wipe" seasons, at least here in the US, means no good whatsoever. And interpreted as such, you were wrong about that. Glad you at least budged about two months on that judgement... perhaps next time you will evaluate Amauri a little more fairly, as in the entire season.

Only idiots compare Amauri to Trez. Nobody apart from you seem to be doing that. We know you love Trezeguet, no need to defend him against a group of well... nobody. It's inane.
What's wrong with you? I also said half a season doesn't justify enough for a whole season, especially when that good part is the shorter one, right there in that post you quoted. I reiterate, 1/4 of something doesn't make up for 3/4.

It's needed to compare them. Amauri played the past year and a half, completelly off-form while leaving the better striker on the bench. Especially in 2008/2009 when Trez needed games to regain match fitness after surgery on both knees. He was consistently overlooked by Ranieri. That continued in 2009/2010, where Trez again, only needed matches...if he just played a few more games instead of Amauri, he would have regained his form and scored even more goals.

When an off-form player plays, that is wrong and that's the bottom line. It was wrong when Ibrahimovic was benching DP in his second season, it's wrong now with Amauri and Trez, hell even Iaquinta. I just hope Del Neri rotates more, Trezeguet needs little to show his worth, whereas Amauri needs a lot.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Taking a second from work to Congratulate him.

Thank you Amauri for rising up tonight.
Good man, this was a nice comment to find in the Amauri thread. He's certainly not a clinical finisher, but Amauri is going to be very important for us this season.

Hopefully we raid Wolfsburg for Dzeko next summer, buddy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What's wrong with you? I also said half a season doesn't justify enough for a whole season, especially when that good part is the shorter one, right there in that post you quoted. I reiterate, 1/4 of something doesn't make up for 3/4.

It's needed to compare them. Amauri played the past year and a half, completelly off-form while leaving the better striker on the bench. Especially in 2008/2009 when Trez needed games to regain match fitness after surgery on both knees. He was consistently overlooked by Ranieri. That continued in 2009/2010, where Trez again, only needed matches...if he just played a few more games instead of Amauri, he would have regained his form and scored even more goals.

When an off-form player plays, that is wrong and that's the bottom line. It was wrong when Ibrahimovic was benching DP in his second season, it's wrong now with Amauri and Trez, hell even Iaquinta. I just hope Del Neri rotates more, Trezeguet needs little to show his worth, whereas Amauri needs a lot.
You can't just back track on this. I've already posted what you claimed, it was obviously too harsh during Amauri's first season. Since you don't admit you were wrong, I will kept reiterating this. From no period of acceptable performance at all to two months to half a season... Ask Alen or Jack since you don't value what I have to say.

We don't know if Trezeguet was fully fit. That is Ranieri's only saving grace. Nobody needs to be taught that if Trez is fit, he's obviously the better choice than Amauri. Not too many have the ability to argue that as most likely, they will be driven out of this place.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

You can't just back track on this. I've already posted what you claimed, it was obviously too harsh during Amauri's first season. Since you don't admit you were wrong, I will kept reiterating this. From no period of acceptable performance at all to two months to half a season... Ask Alen or Jack since you don't value what I have to say.

We don't know if Trezeguet was fully fit. That is Ranieri's only saving grace. Nobody needs to be taught that if Trez is fit, he's obviously the better choice than Amauri. Not too many have the ability to argue that as most likely, they will be driven out of this place.
I'm not backtracking on anything, you're clutching at straws and in no way am I in the wrong here. I still stand behind my initial statement, Amauri was a failure in his two seasons, as one winter period can't possibly save a whole season. I already explained that.

It has nothing to do with me not valuing what you say, I wouldn't be arguing with you if that were the case here. It's my opinion, Amauri has done very little to justify his price and his starting place in this team. I find that frustrating. No Jack or Alen will change that.

Well after the surgery, he surely wasn't match fit, but too many times was he left on the bench, even at games which didn't have much meaning. You don't get match fit by sitting on the bench. But there are no excuses for last season. That's why I hope Del Neri will rotate more this season. Amauri may yet surprise me and score 20 goals, but if Trezeguet isn't given a chance...we may miss out on a Batistuta-at-Roma type of season from our veteran.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)