Amauri Carvalho de Oliveira (10 Viewers)

At what cost would you be ok with Amauri?

• Giovinco + cash

• De Ceglie + Criscito + cash

• De Ceglie + Criscito + Giovinco

• Nocerino + Almiron + Marchionni

• Almiron + Marchionni + cash

• Fuck no, don't want him at all

• Almiron+cash

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Sounds good but I think Hamsik is going to stay for another year there.Napoli is going to make one hell of a team with a lot of potential.It will be good place to buy players. :D

Marchisio can do it next year instead of Hamsik I guess.

I`d still try to get van der Vaart or Diego.
vdV plays more in front and Diego will use all our transfer budget.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You still really think we can get 1 of them? I gave up on that dream a long time ago
There`s always a hope! :)

vdV plays more in front and Diego will use all our transfer budget.
Yes I know and I think he`d fit in well in here.

As for Diego...I know he`s expensive but worth it.We could get a lot of money from selling some players.

I`d also like to see Lucho or Veloso here.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Yet again we`d have 4 destroyers and no one creative in middle.
the situation is like this:

Melberg will most likely be our only addition to the center of the defense. He's a solid addition but not a world class one. Which means that our defense is not really improving to the next level as much as it is just getting good depth. Now, we've seen how easily our defenders are prone to mistakes and losing concentration. And this is just against teams that are mid table such as Palermo, Lazio, Milan.

Now imagine if we are playing Bayern or Man Utd in the CL. These teams will eat our defense alive. Now, We've seen how much Sissoko has improved our team and allowed us to limit opponents from controlling the midfield. but 1 ninja alone can't protect our fragile defense. Flamini will add a lot of protection to our defense. Flamini + ninja will destroy the midfield of any top team in Europe without an exception. Which of course means that our defense will be under a lot less pressure. 2 DMs will also allow our wingers and fullback to push up.

So yes, this limits the creativity in the center, but at the cost of protecting the defense. But If Camo can continue his assist machine form, and if Gio has no trouble settling in, then our wings would be our source of needed creativity.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Melberg will most likely be our only addition to the center of the defense. He's a solid addition but not a world class one. Which means that our defense is not really improving to the next level as much as it is just getting good depth. Now, we've seen how easily our defenders are prone to mistakes and losing concentration. And this is just against teams that are mid table such as Palermo, Lazio, Milan.
+rep

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003

Now imagine if we are playing Bayern or Man Utd in the CL. These teams will eat our defense alive. Now, We've seen how much Sissoko has improved our team and allowed us to limit opponents from controlling the midfield. but 1 ninja alone can't protect our fragile defense. Flamini will add a lot of protection to our defense. Flamini + ninja will destroy the midfield of any top team in Europe without an exception. Which of course means that our defense will be under a lot less pressure. 2 DMs will also allow our wingers and fullback to push up.

So yes, this limits the creativity in the center, but at the cost of protecting the defense. But If Camo can continue his assist machine form, and if Gio has no trouble settling in, then our wings would be our source of needed creativity.
I agree to a certain extent...having 2 DMs doesnt mean the team cannot attack well and be creative...camo and another player similar to him behind trez and del piero can def score goals. my concern is that facing solid team in the CL we need to be able to attack from a central position as well.

Another aspect to it all is having a 4 -3-3 formation, 2 DMs and a player who can do it all in midfield..but im not sure who that extra would be player. A proven Marchisio would be great for example.

Jun 13, 2007

I have to disagree. Flashes of the Capello era are falling right infront of me .

It's true, our back line would be under a lot of less pressure but our offense would be massively predictable. Our attacks would lack variation and surprise. The opposition would know exactly what to expect and that would make their job a whole lot easier.

When you employ two destroyers in the center of midfield, you are basically telling your opposition exactly what to expect from you and that's the last thing you want.

When we had the nightmare duo of Emerson and Vieira, our attacks were so easilly stopped it was pitiful. We would play long balls into donkey face and hope he would create something from it. Our only sparks of creativity were Nedved and Camo, and even they became predictable. We played boring football then a lot like Inter now. I would hate to see us go back to playing that way.

The Capello style we used play by only worked in serie A against small Italian teams that our midfield could bully but never against European teams such as Arsenal, Liverpool. Even when we played against the big teams in serie A, we would end up winning by a Del piero/Nedved freekick or a set-piece.

Look at how we are beating these teams now, it's refereshing to see Juve beating the biggest teams in serie A out of sheer attacking creativity.

I think you overlooked the biggest problem we have had this year, our fullbacks.
That's the area we need to focus on. Countless goals have been scored on us this season because of our fullbacks. The Fiorentina and Milan games for example.
If we could get worldclass fullbacks I think our defensive problem is solved.

I'm happy with the Zanetti-Momo partership. If Flamini comes, he would replace momo, not Zanetti. Flamini and Sissoko can take eachother's places all year long. That way, we would maintain the creativity that has made us the best attacking team in serie A.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
good points guys. I think that Ranieri has shown that he changes formations when he has to/wants to. Regarding the creativity in the center. He could use Camo in the middle like has had this season to give us vision and flair down the middle.

Regarding the 4-3-3 Adrian mentioned, I think Camo would be the midfielder that you would want there.

I Also agree about the fullbacks. I doubt though we are going to get anyone at all. Right now though I would settle for a good left back more than a CB.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
what about the right midfield guys? Sure, camo might be great now! but what happens if he gets inkured again? you think Brazzo and Marchionni are good enough? or do we need to find an early replacement for camo?
yeah its a good point...Marchionni hasnt turned out to be all that for us...but the good news for him is that he can work in a hospital now as he knows how to run one.

we need better back up..who knos, maybe nedved can stay one season and play off teh bench and cover both wings...giovinco can change the dynamics of the team as well. Iaquinta can play thet right flank in a 4-3-3.

Apr 15, 2006
yeah its a good point...Marchionni hasnt turned out to be all that for us...but the good news for him is that he can work in a hospital now as he knows how to run one.

we need better back up..who knos, maybe nedved can stay one season and play off teh bench and cover both wings...giovinco can change the dynamics of the team as well. Iaquinta can play thet right flank in a 4-3-3.
iaquinta may be able to play in the right, but shudnt we get a Natural right winger/MF?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
what about Jankovic? I really liked him at the u-21 tournament, he was one of the most impressive players there. He's got the physique for the Serie A.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What is wrong with signing Flamini? Everyone always says CL squads need depth especially if the team is playing in 3 competitions. I like the idea of 2 destroyers in the middle, perhaps when we are trying to protect a lead once we get one in the later stages of the game. Players get hurt, need rested or get suspended. If Flamini is so good and is free, why not pay his desired wages and spend money on a classy full back and AM? Giovinco as you all have stated probably wont start straight off (unless he works miracles in preseason). His youthfulness will constantly add pressure throughout the game along with Camo running down the field. I have to agree though, our defense has too many errors leading to goals, Olof will add some stability but we need at least one major defensive signing, what about pushing Chiellini out wide and another CB? We have some players we can sell that we probably will never use even in squad rotation especially if we add reinforcements this summer. Cashing in on players like Palla, Nocerino, Almiron, Tiago, or Molinaro might not be a bad idea. The players we will be getting back from loan like you said will allow us to change our dynamics anytime. Maybe keeping Chiellini in the middle might be better actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)