Amauri Carvalho de Oliveira (7 Viewers)

At what cost would you be ok with Amauri?

• Giovinco + cash

• De Ceglie + Criscito + cash

• De Ceglie + Criscito + Giovinco

• Nocerino + Almiron + Marchionni

• Almiron + Marchionni + cash

• Fuck no, don't want him at all

• Almiron+cash

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
I think we might have the worst management in the history of Juventus right now. They are borderline retarded. Another striker wouldn't hurt but with our defensive issues why are Quagliarella and Amauri the topic? Palladino and De Ceglie for Amauri + money? Blow me. Palladino is more versatile and De Ceglie should be called back today along with all the other players on loan right now that could brighten up the midfield. I like Nocerino but he can’t pass worth a shit. He should be a CB not a midfielder. Tiago is ruined. They ruined him along with the press. He’s in a place mentally where he just needs to start over somewhere else. Almiron? What a waste. Call back Giovinco, Criscito, Paro, Marchisio, De Ceglie (who can also play in defense) and call back Mirante too since Belardi is as good a back up as Chimenti was. All these new names are unnecessary. Barzagli and VdV are the only players I would opt for between now and the summer. Call back the players you already own and for god’s sake find a new coach…and new managers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I watched him again today in the Coppa.
The guy has incredibile technique and dribbling and he's fighting like Iaquinta, always putting pressure on defenders. He's very strong and physical also.

That's not form Cronios, that's quality that Amauri has.
Although we really don't need an attacker he wouldn't hurt at all if it won't affect our transfer plan for the defense and midfield.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Form is temporary, but for a player to ensure his class, he must remain there a couple of seasons at least.
Amauri is 27 year old, i like his characteristics as a forward,
(he is tall and strong but he doesnt score many goals, he is smth like a Zlatan type of player in mind)
dont take me wrong, i m not saying he is useless as Molinaro,:p
But IMO, Palermo president, Z-faced, over-rated him and asked for a very high price and i dont think that Amauri has done enough to worth that money and Palla,
who guarantees that he wont disappear next year if we sign him? What has he accomplished in the international football? Will he deliver in a team like Juve?
He is a risky move to invest such a sum, esp for us that we dont really need him right, neither we have the extra cash to spare around like that...
IMO we are only tempted by his temporary form and because of his will to become Italian...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Amauri applies to become Italian

Amauri is “almost officially an Italian,” reveals his agent, but he is still trying to decide whether to play for the Azzurri or Brazil.

The Palermo hitman is eligible for an Italian passport as he is married to Cynthia, who although Brazilian herself has been living in the peninsula for 12 years and is therefore a citizen.

“We have already presented the documentation,” agent Mariano Grimaldi told 'Radio Radio TV.’

“Now we are waiting for the bureaucratic process to take its course and hope it will happen quickly.”

Amauri has been in Italy since January 2001 when he joined Napoli and has also played for Piacenza, Messina and Chievo.

He revealed he was considering wearing the Azzurri jersey after Italy boss Roberto Donadoni admitted the striker was under observation.

Amauri would be the second 'Oriundo’ in the Italy squad after Argentina-born Mauro German Camoranesi won the 2006 World Cup.

However, it might be a little early to start booking his spot in the Euro 2008 squad.

“He will be at the disposal of a national team, we now have to see which…” smiled Grimaldi.

“There is also contact with Brazil as well as Italy. Both Carlos Dunga and Donadoni have spoken highly of him. It is difficult to say no to one or another, the Selecao or the world champions. It’s something that has to be thought about.”

In the meantime, Amauri’s club future appears to remain in Italy, as both Juventus and Milan want him for next season.

“He is a player who resembles Zlatan Ibrahimovic, so he could comfortably partner David Trezeguet. But we cannot say he is closer to Juve.

“Aside from the two Italians, there are also several foreign clubs interested in Amauri. We are evaluating the best possible solution along with Palermo, both for the player and the outfit. Amauri also has admirers in Spain and if he becomes an EC member he’ll have many chances in England, too.”

channel 4

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
I would agree to give Palermo Palladino for Barzagli in a swap move but I dont see why we should buy an overrated forward as Amauri is. Of course he is quick and has a good technique but he is too similar to Iaquinta. And we need at the moment a replacement for Trez. I would try to bring on loan Gila...for me an absolutely underrated player...and at the moment for sure very cheap. But there is only one player that can sub Trez...Huntelaar

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #328
    I'd love Amauri, but at the 20+ mil would be better spent on a defender and perhaps a midfielder.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Honestly...what are the chances of us buying a defender this month? I think if we don't buy one we're seriously jeopardizing a Champions League birth.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    That seems like a good deal, bringing Amauri/Quagliarella instead of Palladino. Me likes and approves this deal. Hope it has some truth in it.
    How on earth can you say that? We are already stacked up top... we don't need both Amauri and Quagliarella right now. Moreover, why are we so quick to give away De Ceglie? He has ten-fold the talent of Molinaro who keeps making a fool out of himself and left-backs in general.

Honestly, I have never heard such ridiculous transfer ideas.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    How on earth can you say that? We are already stacked up top... we don't need both Amauri and Quagliarella right now. Moreover, why are we so quick to give away De Ceglie? He has ten-fold the talent of Molinaro who keeps making a fool out of himself and left-backs in general.

this deal is stupid amauri although good aint worth that much. and de ceglie IMO should be in our team now.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
    Dun think Secco is dumb enuff to agree such deals with Palermo ...

There are way too many rumours floating around ... hopefully its smoke grenade thrown by the Juve Mgmt ... "Moggi Style"

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    ^^ I wouldn't get my hopes up...a lot of the same shit happened last year and instead of getting Milito Barzagli Sissoko Mavuba last season we got the players we have now...

Mar 30, 2006

I think De Ceglie is our future starting LB. But i don't think we should discard Molinero as he is very willing to get forward and can help change a game if we need him.

But yeah Amauri is not needed at this point either way he wont be coming till the summer. i just hope we bring some defence in the winter

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    I think De Ceglie is our future starting LB. But i don't think we should discard Molinero as he is very willing to get forward and can help change a game if we need him.

But yeah Amauri is not needed at this point either way he wont be coming till the summer. i just hope we bring some defence in the winter
    can u please explain how Molinaro can "change" the game for us?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Shit, De Ceglie is like 10 times smarter than Molinaro and Boumsong together. I'm just praying that our board doesn't fuck this one up too...

and yes, I would happily get rid of Palladino if that meant getting Amauri, let's not be kidding ourselves Palla doesn't have what it takes...

Mar 30, 2006
    can u please explain how Molinaro can "change" the game for us?
    his willingness to run at players is an important thing to have on the bench i think. i remeber when it seemed like under Capello we had no players willing to take ppl on and had nothing like that on the bench. His overlapping runs seem to be very useful at times. I think he will refine this further.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)