Alvaro Morata (20 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Capello wasn't kidding when he said Vlahovic-Morata will be an effective pairing, totally ignoring Soyboy out of the equation :snoop:
dybala assisted vlahovic and also had a good game, so there's that too.

also worth noting that capello benched del piero, and he always will prefer 2 big guys up front. nowadays very few teams play that way. let's hope morata can keep up this good form.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Would need to lower his salary too imo. I think he’s on 6 mil/net? Which isn’t that bad in gross because of the foreign player tax stuff, but is still a bit high for not being the main guy in attack.
Not if he's a starter/first rotation. That's what Sandro has been earning for a couple of years. (There are others who are paid more and play less, but we accept that those were massively stupid deals). Would be nice to keep him around, especially with Chiesa probably not being completely available till midway of next season.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not if he's a starter/first rotation. That's what Sandro has been earning for a couple of years. (There are others who are paid more and play less, but we accept that those were massively stupid deals). Would be nice to keep him around, especially with Chiesa probably not being completely available till midway of next season.
But I think once Chiesa returns he is more likely to become a rotation piece who start at times rather than being a full on starter… that LW position is kinda Chiesa’s for much of his Juve career, though he can also be an equally effective RW. It largely depends on what we do with Dybala and Cuadrado’s form/position.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If we can get a decent discount from Atletico at the end of the season, I am all for keeping him here.
It'd have to be quite the discount, our option is for 35m and Morata turns 30 this year. I'd be fine with 15m-20m, but 35m is crazy.

We paid 19m for a 28yo Mandzukic in 2015, Roma paid 11m for a 29yo Dzeko in 2016, these are the sort of transfers we should be looking for if we want an experienced striker. 30m+ territory should be only for younger players with resale value and lower salaries.

Jun 16, 2020
dybala assisted vlahovic and also had a good game, so there's that too.

also worth noting that capello benched del piero, and he always will prefer 2 big guys up front. nowadays very few teams play that way. let's hope morata can keep up this good form.
Yea, we’ve beaten Real Madrid with Zalayeta - Ibra - Trezeguet upfront after he subbed Del Piero

Cant imagine a attack like that nowadays.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It'd have to be quite the discount, our option is for 35m and Morata turns 30 this year. I'd be fine with 15m-20m, but 35m is crazy.

We paid 19m for a 28yo Mandzukic in 2015, Roma paid 11m for a 29yo Dzeko in 2016, these are the sort of transfers we should be looking for if we want an experienced striker. 30m+ territory should be only for younger players with resale value and lower salaries.
We already paid 20 million in loan fees for Morata, so if we redeem him for 35 mil, he will only cost 20 mil less than Vlahovic, which is ridiculous.
I wouldn’t pay a dime over 20 mil to sign him permanently.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He deserves to be bught if the price is right. I don't trust him as main cf but if he is support or rotation player then I find him to a be key player in CL and league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)