Alvaro Morata (17 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Meanwhile Italy's golden generation shit the bed as usual
What golden generation? This Italy is the second weakest after the first years of 2010s. In the 80s, 90s, early 2000s Italy had teams full of world class players. Nowadays a constantly injured Verratti, old guys like Chiellini and Bonucci and a bit above average Jorginho are considered golden?

Chiesa, Barella, Locatelli haven't proven much so far. And the rest is average(at best) .

And I know that many are fapping on Donnaruma but if I compare him to Peruzzi, Buffon and Toldo... He's also a bit unimpressive. The only thing that is going for him is that he started his career very young.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Italy played mostly against minnows for 3 years before the Euros. They built some decent momentum then and went on to beat everyone in the Euros because of it. Ever since they had their first loss, they're not the same.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Italy played mostly against minnows for 3 years before the Euros. They built some decent momentum then and went on to beat everyone in the Euros because of it. Ever since they had their first loss, they're not the same.
Idk if it's about the loss or about having won the Euros. They might be a little too satisfied.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
What golden generation? This Italy is the second weakest after the first years of 2010s. In the 80s, 90s, early 2000s Italy had teams full of world class players. Nowadays a constantly injured Verratti, old guys like Chiellini and Bonucci and a bit above average Jorginho are considered golden?

Chiesa, Barella, Locatelli haven't proven much so far. And the rest is average(at best) .

And I know that many are fapping on Donnaruma but if I compare him to Peruzzi, Buffon and Toldo... He's also a bit unimpressive. The only thing that is going for him is that he started his career very young.
It was a sarcastic dig at some Azzurri fanboys who were acting like they have some GOAT group of players. Seems they haven't come out of the Euro 2020 euphoria yet.

I am really not surprised that they are struggling to qualify for the world cup.

Jun 16, 2020

Donnarumma literally won the penalty kicks for Italy.. “unimpressive”

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Italy's golden generation was 2006, even if they hadn't won the WC; that squad was all star.
No. Just no. Italy had better squads in 98 and 2002. In 98, they were unlucky to lose to France on penalties who were playing on home soil, and in 2002 the ref fucked them. Italy could've reached the final. Fucking Korea and Turkey made the semis, and one of the worst German teams in living memory, relying on Kahn and Ballack, somehow reached the final, where they were no match for Brazil.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a sarcastic dig at some Azzurri fanboys who were acting like they have some GOAT group of players. Seems they haven't come out of the Euro 2020 euphoria yet.

I am really not surprised that they are struggling to qualify for the world cup.
And of course you exaggerate. They don't have a GOAT group of players, but they are a solid outfit. Yes, there are visible weaknesses, but most national teams now are trash. Brazil are breezing through qualifying in South America and not because they're some impressive juggernaut - the rest of the competition is just that bad.

In Europe, outside of France and possibly England, who has a better overall squad than the Azzurri? You could make a case for Spain, but they suck in front of goal, and for all their possession, anemic I might add, they hardly score more than a goal a game and always look vulnerable at the back - they're inexperienced and still a work in progress in my opinion. Portugal are a team in decline, and the Dutch are never consistent enough to be regarded as a threat. The Germans have looked impressive in qualifying, but their tepid showing at the Euros and their calamitous performance at the last WC leaves a lot to be desired.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
90 through to 2006 all had great squads...shame Maldini baggio and vieri missed out on winning a major for their country.

The euro win was great but mancini has to find a future cb pairing, needs spinna to return to his previous form and needs to find a cf. The future midfield of loca barella and tonali is promising, chiesa and berardi are clearly good enough.

Back to morata, there is absolutely zero reason right now to be buying him outright this summer.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Donnarumma literally won the penalty kicks for Italy.. “unimpressive”
Tek also saves important penalties. And I'll never forget Donna horror show vs us in the Coppa Italia final in 2018. He has all to prove and is not worth 12 mil/year, no wonder he is a back up in PSG

- - - Updated - - -

In Europe, outside of France and possibly England, who has a better overall squad than the Azzurri? You could make a case for Spain, but they suck in front of goal, and for all their possession, anemic I might add, they hardly score more than a goal a game and always look vulnerable at the back - they're inexperienced and still a work in progress in my opinion. Portugal are a team in decline, and the Dutch are never consistent enough to be regarded as a threat. The Germans have looked impressive in qualifying, but their tepid showing at the Euros and their calamitous performance at the last WC leaves a lot to be desired.
Germany are definitely in a low point right now, but France, England, Spain, Belgium look better with their squad selection. Roberto Mancini looks like a far better coach than Deschamps, Southgate, Enrique and Martinez. This is why Italy was able to win the European championship with a bit above average squad. Also a solid dose of luck.

And Italy is the only national team that I support. I'm not hating but the difference between this squad and the one from the late 90's and early 2000's is so huge that it's not even funny.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Tek also saves important penalties. And I'll never forget Donna horror show vs us in the Coppa Italia final in 2018. He has all to prove and is not worth 12 mil/year, no wonder he is a back up in PSG

- - - Updated - - -

Germany are definitely in a low point right now, but France, England, Spain, Belgium look better with their squad selection. Roberto Mancini looks like a far better coach than Deschamps, Southgate, Enrique and Martinez. This is why Italy was able to win the European championship with a bit above average squad. Also a solid dose of luck.

And Italy is the only national team that I support. I'm not hating but the difference between this squad and the one from the late 90's and early 2000's is so huge that it's not even funny.
I did mention France and England. Spain do possess the talent, but they're also very vulnerable. Italy have beaten Belgium when it mattered, and their coach is incredibly ordinary, not to mention that their squad isn't getting any younger.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is a fair assessment for the most part.

However, how many national teams can really say that the last sentence doesn't hold true for them?

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I think this is a fair assessment for the most part.

However, how many national teams can really say that the last sentence doesn't hold true for them?

Out of the big national teams Italy, the Netherlands, Germany, Argentina and Brazil are in the worst condition compared to 20 years ago. On the same level - perhaps France (though Zidane and Henry were beasts), other teams that got better -England, Spain, Belgium, Portugal. Small teams like Switzerland also got better, teams like Croatia and Serbia are producing talent all the time, Czechia and Russia are a major disappointment. Outside of Europe - Japan, Uruguay (compared to late 90's) got better and many others but because of their very low level 20 years ago - like USA, Egypt.

I don't think there is an overall lowering of quality, perhaps some of the big nations are adapting to new realities (Argentina, Germany and Brazil), others will turn to shit for a long time (the Netherlands) and new big nations will arise.

I'm hopeful for Italy, but they need a lot of talent.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No, the level of talent is nowhere near the same - there is a dearth of talent at the highest level. There are no real game changers.

Sure, you have an Mbappe and a Haaland, but I don't really see players that excite the imagination, players that can actually change the outcome of a game.

Who is the equivalent of a Ronaldo today? Is there a player at the same level of a Zidane or Baggio? Do we see a Ronaldhino? How about Henry? None of the young players now, Mbappe and Haaland aside, are at that level. Let's not even talk about defenders, when most of them can't even defend.

Players are more athletic and it's more of a "team" sport now, with reliance on systems and coaching imperative to success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)