Alvaro Morata (60 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
At some point in the future people will be like "yeah we fucked up there" and change it back, but you'll still have these seasons that are altered.

Football rules changes all the time but I suppose it's the same for everyone. It certainly doesn't suit attacking teams or players, so instantly teams such as ourselves are disadvantaged for the sake of "100% correct" decisions. Then you have VAR where a bunch of chimps make a subjective decision and human interpretation throws such clinical ideals out of the window. They make up some stupid rule on a certain aspect like handballs, alter a season or two, then change it to something else after the farce has already unfolded.

Why not make the goals 10ft high and that great idea about getting rid of throw-ins.
calm down bro.

personally i'd like to see red cards become temporary like hockey does. just ban a player for 2-5 mins and then let them come back on.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What do you guys think the deal with him is? His mood is affecting his game?

Unhappy in London makes him shit, returns home and is killing it. What happens when the honeymoon period wears off?

Don't care how he did at Chelsea and i didn't watch him often at Atletico but the Alvaro I remember from Juve was the big game champion who could then blow five chances against a mediocre Serie A side.

Honestly have no idea what to expect from him this season but my dude has shown the physical and technical abilities to be an amazing CF.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What do you guys think the deal with him is? His mood is affecting his game?

Unhappy in London makes him shit, returns home and is killing it. What happens when the honeymoon period wears off?

Don't care how he did at Chelsea and i didn't watch him often at Atletico but the Alvaro I remember from Juve was the big game champion who could then blow five chances against a mediocre Serie A side.

Honestly have no idea what to expect from him this season but my dude has shown the physical and technical abilities to be an amazing CF.
Well last time he was here, he was not about honeymoons. He just delivered.

He had a rough period, but like pirlo said ... Morata seems to be a matured striker now in comparison to his first stint. I think he will do fine

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Well last time he was here, he was not about honeymoons. He just delivered.
Loved him when he was here but to pretend he didn't have consistency issues with his finishing is a false memory. That didn't begin after he left.

We forgave him of course because he scored so many crucial goals in big games but it is relevant question now.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Loved him when he was here but to pretend he didn't have consistency issues with his finishing is a false memory. That didn't begin after he left.

We forgave him of course because he scored so many crucial goals in big games but it is relevant question now.
Rhats why i said he had a rough period when thing vwerent going his way, but if the young and naive morata was able to overcome them, i firnly believe the older version of him will be able to cope with thw hard times even better

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

You’re forgetting time of season in your first post above. It wasn’t so much that he’d kill it in CL big match and then disappear for several matches... it was that he’d have a terrible few month stretch mid-season, and then be very consistent For a few months to finish the year.

He was consistently good down the stretch in all comps both seasons he was here. It was the first half of the season he struggled. In his first season as soon as he got established in the team, which wasn’t until winter, he killed it after that and had very few bad performances.

In his second year he had a decent start and then just vanished and was awful for a 4 month period from October until end of January, before having an absolutely brilliant last 4 months of the campaign. 9 goals - 7 assists in 1035 minutes in that period. Was insane productive.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)