Alvaro Morata (11 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I’m wondering how high the captaincy ladder he is for us. Would they look at his previous 2 year seniority? They did for the ass tackler but oddly not for Gigi ( don’t recall the latter wearing the armband since he came back )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I’m wondering how high the captaincy ladder he is for us. Would they look at his previous 2 year seniority? They did for the ass tackler but oddly not for Gigi ( don’t recall the latter wearing the armband since he came back )

Gigi was offered the captaincy and turned it down.

Bonucci has been here for like a decade, and he took a 1 year break basically and came back as soon as possible (indicated within 6 months he wants to come back). Last time Morata was with us was 4 years go. And been in overall 2 years in Juve shirt. Not exactly the same thing.

I assume the seniority is reset, but even if it isnt, several players will be ahead of him. Not the new kids tho.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

Probably over half of the squad is ahead of him based on seniority and/or merit. Only the new kids are probably below him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Lol i see him very far from that...

Sandro , Dybala, Cuadrado are ahdead of him... but IMO that system of captaincy because of years in the team is flawed,, because not every player is suited to be a captain, even if he has gazillion years in the team.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

Sandro , Dybala, Cuadrado are ahdead of him... but IMO that system of captaincy because of years in the team is flawed,, because not every player is suited to be a captain, even if he has gazillion years in the team.
Our captaincy system is not strictly about seniority though, that's what they do at Real Madrid for example, where the player with most years in the team is captain no questions asked.

For Juve there isn't this rule, but it obviously factors into play.

Anyway this isn't a case where this should be controversial as Morata has never been a leader. Unlike Ronaldo who could be on the captain's shortlist from the moment he arrived.

Buffon, Szczesny, Chiellini, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro, Cuadrado, Bentancur, Ramsey, Ronaldo, Dybala, Bernardeschi

All surely are ahead.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
For me the cap should be ronaldo...at least from what i see on the field.

But Maybe he is not as charismatic outside the field so some players could be against him being the cap, and is undertandable.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Our captaincy system is not strictly about seniority though, that's what they do at Real Madrid for example, where the player with most years in the team is captain no questions asked.

For Juve there isn't this rule, but it obviously factors into play.
The captaincy for us goes along with who has most appearances, almost always.

Buffon got offered the captaincy and #1 shirt when he returned but turned them down as he wasn't going to be the regular starter.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
The captaincy for us goes along with who has most appearances, almost always.

Buffon got offered the captaincy and #1 shirt when he returned but turned them down as he wasn't going to be the regular starter.
Its not a rule at Juve, its circunstancial.

Dybala also wore the armband ahead of Bonucci when he came back, and now Bonucci ahead of Dybala. Ronaldo was also offered the armband at times when he isn't the most senior player.

Its flexible.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Its not a rule at Juve, its circunstancial.

Dybala also wore the armband ahead of Bonucci when he came back, and now Bonucci ahead of Dybala. Ronaldo was also offered the armband at times when he isn't the most senior player.

Its flexible.
There is no fixed rule because that's stupid, but there is respect through seniority.

Has Ronaldo ever worn the armband? I think he got thrown it once after two captains got subbed in a game (Bonucci then Higuain), and he gave the armband to Matuidi, who I believe was the outfield player left on the field who had most appearances (Buffon was in goal). In fact that Udinese game is the kind that backs up my point.

When Marchisio was here he was 3rd based on this. When Mandzukic got it once he had the most with the exception of Bonucci, who had just returned from his traitor stunt at Milan. Same for Dybala in his odd game with the armband.

If Buffon and Bonucci hadn't left and returned you'd still see the appearance seniority of Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Dybala, Alex Sandro, Cuadrado etc. It's right that Chiellini has it, so I'd then be surprised if it isn't Bonucci captain and Dybala vc next season, presuming Chiellini retires.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

The seniority system is not perfect but in general is the leasted flawed one. Saves trouble and embarassment. Otherwise you'll have overpaid douchebags wanting the armband in their forst or second season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)