Alvaro Morata (33 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think we'll get the most out of Morata and I'm pretty sure it's Pirlo pushing for this deal. I expect to see Morata upfront but also on the wing so that's a huge plus as I think Pirlo as well loves such players who are capable of covering several positions.

I'm actually pretty excited to see him here. If we ignore the numbers and transfer fee I think we're pairing our forward line quite nicely and something that's threatening CL as well, not just Serie A.

The more I think about the deal the less I mind it. I think we're building up something quite sharp but versatile too.

Jul 13, 2010
Pirlo knows him better than any other striker that were linked, so I guess he fits the bill.

We can't really find a golden middle huh in this forum :D some complained about the age of Dzeko/Suarez now are happy, but others are now complaining on his less than great scoring ability. I mean the dry loan at least lets us plan for the next summer without too big of a commitment to any of these players

May 26, 2016
I think we'll get the most out of Morata and I'm pretty sure it's Pirlo pushing for this deal. I expect to see Morata upfront but also on the wing so that's a huge plus as I think Pirlo as well loves such players who are capable of covering several positions.

I'm actually pretty excited to see him here. If we ignore the numbers and transfer fee I think we're pairing our forward line quite nicely and something that's threatening CL as well, not just Serie A.

The more I think about the deal the less I mind it. I think we're building up something quite sharp but versatile too.

I really hope your right. When i heard of the rumors of him coming here my body went twitching in disgust. No disrespect to the people that love him, but i just have no confidence in him whatsoever. That being said i always wish the club well. So i will give him a chance. I just really dont think he is a good player to invest in. Even if its a loan

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We have to play a certain way to get the most out of Morata. IMO he'll continue to be better in the CL just because of the nature of the game, where Juve will face deeper opponents in Serie A but CL has more open field and countering opportunities. He gets frustrated and doesn't always react well when things get him down.

I'm fairly content with the signing but he's certainly not my first choice. We need to keep our pressing good and the play fast and furious for him to excel. I'm interested to see how he does with Ronaldo...
I really felt he got frustrated a lot when madrid pulled him out of here by force. We need to remember that he left madrid for a reason, and he found contuinity here. He was happy. He even maried a girl from Turin ffs.

You haver all that and then suddenly madrid comes and pulls you out without any form of stopping it.... to then send you wandering in europe.
That could have frutsrated him so much. He was starting something here.

Not everyone has a will of steel like Ronaldo or Tevez.. some players need the right enviroment to succeed, and morata not only found success here, but also a sense of belonging. He got all of that taken away at a very young age.

Give a chance to the man, he will come here raring to recover the lost time.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I really hope your right. When i heard of the rumors of him coming here my body went twitching in disgust. No disrespect to the people that love him, but i just have no confidence in him whatsoever. That being said i always wish the club well. So i will give him a chance. I just really dont think he is a good player to invest in. Even if its a loan
Its undertsandable. he has sucked so much in the past seasons.

But i know theres a great p`layer behind all that, he demonstrated it here when his mind was in the right frame. I know he can recover that. His wife and his children will be like in home. He will be able to work at peace im pretty sure.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Pirlo knows him better than any other striker that were linked, so I guess he fits the bill.

We can't really find a golden middle huh in this forum :D some complained about the age of Dzeko/Suarez now are happy, but others are now complaining on his less than great scoring ability. I mean the dry loan at least lets us plan for the next summer without too big of a commitment to any of these players
I’m happy with either Dzeko or Morata for the right price and period. And that’s what this deal is. Just like Dzeko on a 1-2 year contract would be great

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I can't say I love him. He did fine here. I thought he was expensive and not worth of buying for that much cash. But he actually added something here.

I would not like this transfer if the idea was having him play in the starting lineup, for example him replacing Ronaldo or Dybala in the starting XI. But in this case as a rotation player I'm totally fine with it. Like I said, I think it's a huge shame we're not getting Dzeko because that would've been simply perfect. But oh well. It's a good enough deal not to moan UNLESS this option turns into obligation. Also, I really hope we're planning to spend the money on some mid, so Morata on loan makes even more sense in such case.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

Very important point

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I can't say I love him. He did fine here. I thought he was expensive and not worth of buying for that much cash. But he actually added something here.

I would not like this transfer if the idea was having him play in the starting lineup, for example him replacing Ronaldo or Dybala in the starting XI. But in this case as a rotation player I'm totally fine with it. Like I said, I think it's a huge shame we're not getting Dzeko because that would've been simply perfect. But oh well. It's a good enough deal not to moan UNLESS this option turns into obligation. Also, I really hope we're planning to spend the money on some mid, so Morata on loan makes even more sense in such case.
I also find that he will be easier to rotate than lets say Dezeko or Suarez, Those are names that you NEED to have in the starting 11. This could have conditioned Pirlo, or maybe not, but who knows.

Morata will be a lot easier to deal for Pirlo.

May 26, 2016

Agreed, getting a quality mid would make this less of an issue for me.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The striker that gets praised for single digit scoring seasons

From Dzeko to him :sergio:
He’s scored single digit goals in no season since he came here in 14-15.

14-15: 15 goals-7 assists 2302 minutes
15-16: 12 goals - 11 assists 2377 minutes
16-17: 20 goals - 6 assists. 1873 minutes
17-18: 15 goals - 6 assists 2764 minutes
18-19: 15 goals - 1 assists 2709 minutes
19-20: 16 goals - 4 assists 2804 minutes

Which means he has scored or assisted about every 110 minutes for the last 6 years. So awful. I know.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Yeh, this will also help Morsta a lot in recovering his form. His coach is not only a football legend, but a friend who was a former teammate. This will help him so much because communication will not be an issue.
Ive got a pretty good feeling about this deal and in general Im getting back my previous levels of optimism, which were sucked out in the last 2 seasons...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)