Alvaro Morata (61 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
That logic is whack and a desperate attempt at justifying a stupid deal, say we lose pogba or any starting player tomorrow on a free would you say it's cool he helped us win and it is not like we lost any money? Also it's not like we brought in an established player, we took on all the risks and instead of seeing it as morata coming in here to save the day it was more this club providing the right environment for this player to shine.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'd still do the deal again in hindsight, if the alternative means no Morata at all.

Basically Morata with no buyback >>>>>> Morata with buyback
but Morata with buyback >>>>> no Morata

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I'd still do the deal again in hindsight, if the alternative means no Morata at all.

:tup: He and Tevez put us back on the map in Europe. For that alone the deal was worth it. Ironically, it's the same reason him leaving feels more depressing than it should be.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

No morata = other player brought in. So you are ok if pogba could only sign for us if he could walk with no fee?

not being real's sassuolo >>>>>>> being real's sassuolo
Coping mechanism is stronk in this thread

Irony is even sass has nore sense than to include a recompra :howler:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
That logic is whack and a desperate attempt at justifying a stupid deal, say we lose pogba or any starting player tomorrow on a free would you say it's cool he helped us win and it is not like we lost any money? Also it's not like we brought in an established player, we took on all the risks and instead of seeing it as morata coming in here to save the day it was more this club providing the right environment for this player to shine.
I wonder what situation that reminds me The Great One :confused:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
In hindsight it was a good deal as Morata was pivotal for our CL run. So no Morata=other player is a bit silly, since no one can guarantee that player would have had the same impact. I think there was a strong belief that we'd be able to keep him, by paying additional fee when the time comes, hence the buy back clause. Maybe there was even some verbal agreement. IMHO all 3 sides benefited from the deal.

But I doubt we'd be looking to make another deal like that, since we're in better position now. And one of the reasons is that particular deal.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what situation that reminds me The Great One :confused:
Spot on :D

- - - Updated - - -

Banned already? For 1 post? :confused:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
X don't fuck around :D

- - - Updated - - -

No morata = other player brought in. So you are ok if pogba could only sign for us if he could walk with no fee?
But Morata proved to be a great and extremely useful player for us, we don't know if that hypothetical other player would've had the same success.

It's impossible to prove either though :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
X don't fuck around :D

- - - Updated - - -

But Morata proved to be a great and extremely useful player for us, we don't know if that hypothetical other player would've had the same success.

It's impossible to prove either though :D
I can like morata and appreciate his contribution and still be against that type of deal, the 2 are not mutually exclusive. Just as inthe situation we are in now, we all want morata back, but not at 74 mil.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Winning goal in Coppa Final, crucial goals in Champions League run over two seasons and contributed towards 2 scudetti.
Sorry mate but I think you misunderstood me. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)