Alvaro Morata (28 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
No.

Dybala should be an absolute star in the team. And its rather clear he isnt a nedved that will make anything work. Nope he needs a team to work.

Here is the deal. Dybala isnt here. He will be elsewhere. We need to sell him and use that money wisely to get players that suit us better.

- - - Updated - - -

But am i wrong ?

Dybala is continiously performing below his quality. He's wasted potential here. We need to go full EPL and replace him with a player that suits our style better.

I'm a big fan of both Dybala and Costa, but seeing how Costa needed just half a season to adapt to us and outshine Dybala to the point the formation is altered in favor of him.

Sell Dybala and get another player with Costa's Impact.
isn't that supposed to be Higuain, our most expensive transfer ever and our biggest wages ever? Dybala is a mere sidekick if you compare the financials

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:howler: So, Dybala is supposed to do everything? He's obviously not at the level of Messi or CR7, but then again who is?! Factor in the simple fact that we're playing him out of position to deploy a specific formation and accommodate a certain someone; add to that the mediocre midfield behind him, and it's a miracle he's managed to score and assist as much as he has.

Apr 29, 2006
It all depends on what formation and who will be coaching us next year and the year after. What Dybala would not be is a 150+M bench option. It simply does not compute on :beppe: logic. Selling him makes it possible to get both SMS and Pogba (for example) or almost any other player we might like. I would love to swap him with Mbappe, but that is heresy here...

Morata is an excellent decision as another 2 year loan, cost us nothing and we get a good player that WANTS to be here desperately. He still has the time to develop into a fantastic striker and we take very little risk here. With the sale of Mandzukic (20m) we would be effectively spending money from 2020 onwards for a player of the same quality.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
isn't that supposed to be Higuain, our most expensive transfer ever and our biggest wages ever? Dybala is a mere sidekick if you compare the financials
Okay. Messi is an absolute peasant cause his financials were absolutely pathetic untill his wages went south.

Pirlo is inferior to Pepe because his financials were inferior.

Losing Pogba was a small deal cause he came basically free and never had the biggest wages

Hence, every player that comes through youth is a mere sidekick cause of the financials bro !

But you knew all of that and just wanted to act like the retarded peasant fool you were born to become.

Lets be better then that :tup:

When estimating the quality and potential, we all can see Dybala is very high in that regard. But he's considerably underperforming

- - - Updated - - -

:howler: So, Dybala is supposed to do everything? He's obviously not at the level of Messi or CR7, but then again who is?! Factor in the simple fact that we're playing him out of position to deploy a specific formation and accommodate a certain someone; add to that the mediocre midfield behind him, and it's a miracle he's managed to score and assist as much as he has.
You have a fond history of beeing all like, "we need to play little shitty in the exact perfect circumstances. if we do he's legend like Pele. If we dont he's a provincional peasant"

Playing Dybala deeper then usual, shouldnt have been the greatest impact. Playing him out of position to the side, was the result of him beeing absolutely disappointing.

Our midfield has Pjanic, Matuidi, Khedira, Marchisio. Lets not act like if the midfield isnt xavi+Iniesta, that it sucks major balls.

Its simple. Dybala is far to inconsistant, and cannot maintain form, and ALWAYS goes missing in most big and nearly all european games.

- - - Updated - - -

It all depends on what formation and who will be coaching us next year and the year after. What Dybala would not be is a 150+M bench option. It simply does not compute on :beppe: logic. Selling him makes it possible to get both SMS and Pogba (for example) or almost any other player we might like. I would love to swap him with Mbappe, but that is heresy here...

Morata is an excellent decision as another 2 year loan, cost us nothing and we get a good player that WANTS to be here desperately. He still has the time to develop into a fantastic striker and we take very little risk here. With the sale of Mandzukic (20m) we would be effectively spending money from 2020 onwards for a player of the same quality.
Now we are getting there.

We have a 150M worth player, that performs a 5th of his value usually, and at most half of it.

We should sell and use that 150M to get 2 players that perform to their level

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
When estimating the quality and potential, we all can see Dybala is very high in that regard. But he's considerably underperforming
and? do we owe it to football to help Dybala reach his potential so we should give him away to Spain, is that it? I'd rather we keep the 100+m player in Dybala and make him perform. If we sell him and keep Higuain, a guy who's also not functioning properly atm, we'll have to search for a new striker anyways in 1-2 years time and change again. And we won't get much for fat and old Gonzalo

besides, I don't get why Dybala is expected to be the superstar of the team and Gonzalo, our very own CR7-summer-2009 level transfer, is not. both are under performing as a duo and one of them is at the twilight of his career, the choice seems obvious for me.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
dybala is not underperforming, he's just not messi and has some natural inconsistency in his form.

juve goalscorers over 10 goals in all competitions in the last couple of seasons:
- 12/13: vidal, 14 goals, vucinic and quagliarella 13
- 13/14: tevez 21, llorente and vidal 18
- 14/15: tevez 29, morata 15
- 15/16: dybala 23, mandzukic 13, morata 12
- 16/17: higuain 32, dybala 19, mandzukic 11
- 17/18, with 3 matches to play: dybala 25, higuain 22

all players considered, dybala has a more prolific season as an am/ss than any other juve player during the last 6 seasons, save for higgy's last season and tevez's 2nd year. sure, dybala had his ups and downs, but he's been brilliant overall.

selling him for tactical reasons would be way beyond my understanding. i do think that beppe is not against selling him, marotta is a beancounter above all, but dybala is still our most talented player, and one of our most important assets. we should start to keep these players at all cost, as we should have kept vidal, pogba, tevez and even morata, too.

that 18 goal season from vidal tho :eek:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
and? do we owe it to football to help Dybala reach his potential so we should give him away to Spain, is that it? I'd rather we keep the 100+m player in Dybala and make him perform. If we sell him and keep Higuain, a guy who's also not functioning properly atm, we'll have to search for a new striker anyways in 1-2 years time and change again. And we won't get much for fat and old Gonzalo

besides, I don't get why Dybala is expected to be the superstar of the team and Gonzalo, our very own CR7-summer-2009 level transfer, is not. both are under performing as a duo and one of them is at the twilight of his career, the choice seems obvious for me.
You are beeing a complete child. Stop it you toddler.

Higuian was bought to be a forward that scores goals when provided chances. He has done that with great pedigree.

If you expect "oh lmao guyse, guyse, we paid 90mil guyse, he must now score out of his ass if we give him nothing cause he costs 90 mil guyse. Yes, 90 mil guyse."
Thats retarded. We know what he is and can do.

its extremely simple. We have a player that has a worth of 150 mil. that performs like a 30mil player mostly. If we sell him and get someone that performs like an actual 120mil player, its a vast improvement.

EPL teams do this. Sell stars that dont fit for those that do. Fergusson did that with a great succes and kept united fresh and competitive.

in a perfect world, we sell Dybala and purchase SMS and Morata.

- - - Updated - - -

dybala is not underperforming, he's just not messi and has some natural inconsistency in his form.

juve goalscorers over 10 goals in all competitions in the last couple of seasons:
- 12/13: vidal, 14 goals, vucinic and quagliarella 13
- 13/14: tevez 21, llorente and vidal 18
- 14/15: tevez 29, morata 15
- 15/16: dybala 23, mandzukic 13, morata 12
- 16/17: higuain 32, dybala 19, mandzukic 11
- 17/18, with 3 matches to play: dybala 25, higuain 22

all players considered, dybala has a more prolific season as an am/ss than any other juve player during the last 6 seasons, save for higgy's last season and tevez's 2nd year. sure, dybala had his ups and downs, but he's been brilliant overall.

selling him for tactical reasons would be way beyond my understanding. i do think that beppe is not against selling him, marotta is a beancounter above all, but dybala is still our most talented player, and one of our most important assets. we should start to keep these players at all cost, as we should have kept vidal, pogba, tevez and even morata, too.

that 18 goal season from vidal tho :eek:
Remind me of Dybala's contribution in the big games and europe

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Nonsense as hell... Who has a better season this season? Paulo or Pipa? Who has more impact? Who is playing in his NATURAL position? who is protected as hell for Max?

And the retard logic is Paulo is a way better player than Pipa so lets kep the choker declining form guy with zero value in the future and lets sell the only potential ballon d'or player in the team cuz we play him out of position.... why don't do somthing way easier and play Paulo as CF and sell the less talent guy

Don't come with the same Max shit Paulo can't play CF. Pipa Can't hold a ball, win an aerial duel, overrun a mediocre defense, playing with his back against defense, basically anything a CF normally can do

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You are beeing a complete child. Stop it you toddler.

Higuian was bought to be a forward that scores goals when provided chances. He has done that with great pedigree.

If you expect "oh lmao guyse, guyse, we paid 90mil guyse, he must now score out of his ass if we give him nothing cause he costs 90 mil guyse. Yes, 90 mil guyse."
Thats retarded. We know what he is and can do.

its extremely simple. We have a player that has a worth of 150 mil. that performs like a 30mil player mostly. If we sell him and get someone that performs like an actual 120mil player, its a vast improvement.

EPL teams do this. Sell stars that dont fit for those that do. Fergusson did that with a great succes and kept united fresh and competitive.

in a perfect world, we sell Dybala and purchase SMS and Morata.

- - - Updated - - -

so Higuains potential contribution is limited to a box striker finisher (and not exactly the deadliest according to this https://football-italia.net/SerieA/season/2017-18/top-scorers) while Dybala's ceiling is the sky, yet you want to retain the first one because we can't make Dybala perform to the max while playing out of position?

Talking about Dybala's contribution in big games, he's scored or assisted against each of Inter, Napoli, Milan, Lazio, while against Roma he was on the bench. In SuperCoppa final he scored 2. In CL he scored the tie-winning goal against Spurs coming straight from injury and had a bad game against RM when he was sent-off. Sure he's been in a slump this second part of the season, but he's hardly some big game choker you try to make him be

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
in 2 years, he scored against barcelona and tottenham (both happened to be match winning goals), scored or assisted against napoli, milan, lazio, inda (his substitution turned that match around and practically broke napoli). del piero could have been proud of the season dybala's having. in fact, dybala has been scoring a goal in every 99 minutes in serie a, and that's better than any season alex has ever had (bar his last, when he barely played and still scored 5 goals).

now you remind me of zlatan's cl knockout phase record, and in the same sentence, tell me that zlatan never was a class striker. also, remind me of higuain's cl/final record, and explain to me, why on earth should we keep him over dybala despite his stats. (hint: because he's still a very good cf.)

bottom line: selling dybala just to buy morata would be a terrible choice. and i absolutely loved the clutch morata in the cl knockouts, and i do want him back if there's a possibility to bring him home. but not at all costs.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't want to get banned, so I'm gonna say this one more fucking time.

The only scenario in which a Dybala sale makes sense is if we are getting Griezmann, Martial, and SMS/Pogba in return. Since getting even one of those is a near impossible task for our "amazing and highly competent" board, then selling Dybala is an absolute fucking No!

I'm sure if we sell him and weaken the attack, add a couple of eclectic Jabronis, some Tuzzers will still find a reason to praise the board and endorse their madness.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I agree with Zach about the performance issue. To be our number 10, he seems to get carried a lot by the rest of the team on his bad days.
Fine.
The thing is, we dont know if DYbala will be better as a number 9, and is worth a try before selling him. Because once we sell,theres no turning back with him. And it would suck as hell see him become the posterboy of his next team and become truly WC.

We need to at least try one more year with him spearheading the attack and if he doesnt work then finally sell.

But right now is too risky to sell him, and also he is the face of the team (not buffon, he is for older generations, but new gens couldnt care less about him, and we all know marketing is very important for us)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

The only scenario in which a Dybala sale makes sense is if we are getting Griezmann, Martial, and SMS/Pogba in return. Since getting even one of those is a near impossible task for our "amazing and highly competent" board, then selling Dybala is an absolute fucking No!

I'm sure if we sell him and weaken the attack, add a couple of eclectic Jabronis, some Tuzzers will still find a reason to praise the board and endorse their madness.
Afraid of being banned? Allegri would be proud of such pussy tactics, bro. :snoop:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I agree with Zach about the performance issue. To be our number 10, he seems to get carried a lot by the rest of the team on his bad days.
Fine.
The thing is, we dont know if DYbala will be better as a number 9, and is worth a try before selling him. Because once we sell,theres no turning back with him. And it would suck as hell see him become the posterboy of his next team and become truly WC.

We need to at least try one more year with him spearheading the attack and if he doesnt work then finally sell.

But right now is too risky to sell him, and also he is the face of the team (not buffon, he is for older generations, but new gens couldnt care less about him, and we all know marketing is very important for us)
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/114863/MatchStatistics/Paulo-Dybala

Go look at all the games that he won alone with his contributions.

Yes, he did have a bad season in Europe other than helping down Tottenham, but very few of our players did have good seasons there this year. Even our veterans looked like complete garbage in some games.

We've been praying for a player like him for years following our return to winning, and now people want to get rid of him.

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013

I wish we could trade Dybala for all those players, but realistically it's not possible. I don't want to sell Dybala, but if the price is right...

The question is, do we have confidence in our front office to do what's right? I'm not so sure... And you can't really blame them, prices are insane these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)