Alvaro Morata (87 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Even when he's had poor games for us, and his finishing has let us down, the guy has pace, creativity, and attacking impulse that Llorente lacks. Our side creates way more chances with him playing alongside Tevez, than with Llorente in. If he gets his head straight, and becomes a little more composed in the box, we are going to be a very dangerous side in CL.
Most of us see that already but the remaining few that still support Llorente or refuse to acknowledge Morata is actually a very talented player, don't.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Most of us see that already but the remaining few that still support Llorente or refuse to acknowledge Morata is actually a very talented player, don't.
I hardly think anyone is doubting his talent. I mean there are some who consider his 20 million price tag too high (I don't), but I think pretty much everyone agrees that he's got potential.

We gotta be careful not to overrate his current performances either though. Yes, so far he's undoubtedly put in better shifts than Llorente this season, and I'm in favor of him starting most games, but he's nowhere near a consistent worldclass player now. Would he for example face last season's Llorente as competition, there would be no question that he'd be second choice, and that by some margin.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I hardly think anyone is doubting his talent. I mean there are some who consider his 20 million price tag too high (I don't), but I think pretty much everyone agrees that he's got potential.

We gotta be careful not to overrate his current performances either though. Yes, so far he's undoubtedly put in better shifts than Llorente this season, and I'm in favor of him starting most games, but he's nowhere near a consistent worldclass player now. Would he for example face last season's Llorente as competition, there would be no question that he'd be second choice, and that by some margin.
It's hard not to do that when you watch Llorente this season. Anything is better than that guy.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

:tup: My thoughts exactly. One reasonable post between a whirlwind of fanboyism is very welcome. Which leads me to believe we still need a more experienced striker for the starting spot when Llorente leaves. Unless, of course, this kid decides to explode into a superstar. I still find it hard to believe but as i said, i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup: My thoughts exactly. One reasonable post between a whirlwind of fanboyism is very welcome. Which leads me to believe we still need a more experienced striker for the starting spot when Llorente leaves. Unless, of course, this kid decides to explode into a superstar. I still find it hard to believe but as i said, i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best.
:agree:

He has the talent to be a superstar. I just haven't seen that instinct or composure yet. And those things cannot really be trained. They can be develop with regular game time and that idea of getting used to things like real-game pressure, and situations, but for the most part it's a case of either having it or not. So we'll see.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We were so much more dangerous in the 2nd half with Morata. Imagine if we actually had him on in the 1st half we might have seen a different result.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't see why he wasn't sub'd on at half-time with how horrible Llorente was in the first half. Sometimes a half-time sub is a good thing, and let's a player have more than just 20 minutes to impact a game.

Tevez really should have buried that easy chance Morata created.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Did well, would be interesting to see him start more and see if he can do it when he isn't coming on when the game has opened up. Given Llorente's form, there is no reason not to try him out.

We need to improve his anticipation, a few times the defender in front of him missed the ball and it ended up coming through to him, with him caught of guard and not making the most of the situation.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The case for Morata
Massimiliano Allegri is reportedly undecided on which Spaniard to start in attack against Milan. Luca Cetta thinks it should be Alvaro Morata.

There are selection decisions ahead for Massimiliano Allegri as Juventus prepare to face Milan. The right-back position is a cause for concern given Stephan Lichtsteiner’s suspension and an injury to Martin Caceres. Claudio Marchisio is back from a one-match stop, while Arturo Vidal and Patrice Evra are battling fitness concerns.

And there’s another selection worth considering - the identity of Carlos Tevez’s partner in attack. Italy’s three main sporting newspapers suggest Fernando Llorente is favoured to play from the opening whistle. TuttoJuve.com reported earlier in the week though that the tactician is undecided between Llorente and Alvaro Morata. The senior member of Juve’s Spanish force has been handed more starts this term, but it’s debatable whether his current form warrants inclusion.

El Rey Leon is goalless in 2015 and his performance last Sunday against Udinese highlighted recent concerns. It would rank as one of Llorente’s more listless showings in a Bianconero shirt. He not only failed to trouble Orestis Karnezis, but according to WhoScored.com had just 30 touches in 67 minutes and a team-low 62.5 per cent pass completion rate. It’s a trend which has persisted throughout the opening weeks of 2015.

The same website notes his four Serie A goals have come from 1195 minutes. It’s a regression for Llorente, who at this stage last term had registered nine League strikes. His numbers in other areas such as shots per game and pass success rate have also dropped. It’s clear that where last season Antonio Conte’s utilisation of Llorente and Tevez in close proximity yielded results for both, Allegri’s allowance of Tevez to play with greater freedom often leaves Llorente isolated. Tevez continues to excel, Llorente struggles to get involved.

“Conte played with a formation that he liked, with two strikers close to each other,” Tevez described this week. “I like the current formation best because I can do what I feel like doing in the pitch, I have greater freedom.”

Waiting in the wings is Morata. The 22-year-old has started just seven matches in all competitions and while like Llorente scoring four Serie A goals, he’s done so from nearly half the time – 602 minutes. Morata has been amongst the goals in recent Coppa Italia clashes versus Verona and Parma, while his Udine cameo emphasised the energy and directness he offers from the bench, adding a different dimension to the Bianconeri attack.

The ex-Real Madrid striker has the ability to either come deep and bring others into play or get behind defenders, something Llorente doesn’t. Where the 2010 World Cup winner is usually deployed with his back to goal, Morata is most dangerous when running at defenders. He draws more fouls than his compatriot, which can lead to set-piece opportunities.

What Morata hasn’t done is turn the energetic cameo into a complete 90-minute showing. “He needs to be a little less frenetic and also realise that he has to be in a game for over 90 minutes,” Allegri opined recently. Frustratingly for Morata when he does enough to earn a starting role he has not been able to keep the spot – consecutive starts against Verona and Chievo his only ones in Serie A. Morata is of the opinion both Spaniards can feature, but with Tevez sparkling Allegri is not about to bench him.

It would be tempting for the Coach to unleash the aerial prowess of Llorente against a Rossoneri defence which has struggled to defend high crosses and set-pieces. Yet he is off the pace and not producing what Juventus need from somebody leading the attack. And with Juve’s full-back concerns it’s an avenue which may be problematic on Saturday.

Morata has proven he can do a job as a substitute and now is the time to prove his effectiveness for 90 minutes. Just twice he has netted – against Empoli and Verona in the Coppa – as a starter, but Morata has the tools to torment a side without a clean sheet in seven matches since the winter break.
And with their European tie against Borussia Dortmund rapidly approaching, the Old Lady will want to take some of the scoring burden away from Tevez. As they look for the right combination in attack, it’s time for Morata to show what he can do.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:tup:

The kid is class. Sooner or later Allegri won't be able to keep him on the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Llorente, it's painfully obvious to all of us of what his limitations are.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
http://football-italia.net/62348/morata-im-love-juve

Morata: 'I'm in love with Juve!'

Alvaro Morata believes Juventus and Serie A are “university for strikers,” while Max Allegri is “a bit Carlo Ancelotti and a bit Jose Mourinho.”
The ex-Real Madrid forward spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport about his first few months in Turin.
“I didn’t choose Italy, I chose Juventus. I don’t regret it one little bit,” enthused the Spain international.
“I step into the stadium, look around and everywhere there are pictures of the champions who passed through this club. Genuine legends. I am in a place where the history of football was made, so I can improve as a player here better than anywhere else.
“You Italians are too critical of Serie A. The greatest thing about it is how tactical the football is. Carlos Tevez often tells me that Italy is like university for strikers. He’s right, as here you become a real player in every aspect. This is a unique opportunity for me.
“I am truly in love with Juve and want to spend much of my career in the Bianconeri jersey. I also cannot forget Juve were the first to make concrete attempts to sign me. I wasn’t very happy at Madrid, as I didn’t have much room, but Juve immediately treated me like an important player.
“Juve’s strength is that we are a united group off the field as well as on it. It feels like a family with the more experienced players ready to give advice and encouragement.
“In that sense, Gigi Buffon and Andrea Pirlo are exceptional, as they set the example of how to be a professional and are also great fun to have as teammates every day. They bring the best out of everyone in the locker room.”
There are reports Morata could start tonight’s big game against Milan rather than Fernando Llorente, but he insists there is no rivalry.
“I have always admired Fernando and consider him a real friend. If I am lucky with injuries, then from now on you can see the real Morata. I’ve always got better as the season went on and will also improve my goals tally. I could’ve netted a lot more by now.”
Ancelotti famously recommended a move to Turin – including restaurant suggestions – for the Real Madrid youth product. What has he learned from his Coaches?
“From Mourinho I learned ferocity. For him there was nothing other than victory. It doesn’t matter how, you just need to get the result: that is his obsession.
“Ancelotti is relaxed, but very focused on preparing for the game. He was kinder, but that doesn’t mean he was any less able to fire up the team. Let’s just say we needed him at Madrid after the Mourinho hurricane.
“Allegri? The Coach is a bit Mourinho and a bit Ancelotti. He’s very calm when needed, but at times you’ve never seen someone angrier. You can sense it on the pitch, that he’s fighting along with the team from the touchline.”

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Wow. Great interview, Alvaro :tup:

Not only for speaking so well about our club, but he shows a great positive attitude here, relishing the challenges ahead and wanting to do better and better. The lad has the right mindset.

Jul 20, 2012

Alvaro Morata believes Juventus and Serie A are “university for strikers,” while Max Allegri is “a bit Carlo Ancelotti and a bit Jose Mourinho.”

The ex-Real Madrid forward spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport about his first few months in Turin.

“I didn’t choose Italy, I chose Juventus. I don’t regret it one little bit,” enthused the Spain international.
“I step into the stadium, look around and everywhere there are pictures of the champions who passed through this club. Genuine legends. I am in a place where the history of football was made, so I can improve as a player here better than anywhere else.

“You Italians are too critical of Serie A. The greatest thing about it is how tactical the football is. Carlos Tevez often tells me that Italy is like university for strikers. He’s right, as here you become a real player in every aspect. This is a unique opportunity for me.

“I am truly in love with Juve and want to spend much of my career in the Bianconeri jersey. I also cannot forget Juve were the first to make concrete attempts to sign me. I wasn’t very happy at Madrid, as I didn’t have much room, but Juve immediately treated me like an important player.

“Juve’s strength is that we are a united group off the field as well as on it. It feels like a family with the more experienced players ready to give advice and encouragement.

“In that sense, Gigi Buffon and Andrea Pirlo are exceptional, as they set the example of how to be a professional and are also great fun to have as teammates every day. They bring the best out of everyone in the locker room.”

There are reports Morata could start tonight’s big game against Milan rather than Fernando Llorente, but he insists there is no rivalry.

“I have always admired Fernando and consider him a real friend. If I am lucky with injuries, then from now on you can see the real Morata. I’ve always got better as the season went on and will also improve my goals tally. I could’ve netted a lot more by now.”

Ancelotti famously recommended a move to Turin – including restaurant suggestions – for the Real Madrid youth product. What has he learned from his Coaches?

“From Mourinho I learned ferocity. For him there was nothing other than victory. It doesn’t matter how, you just need to get the result: that is his obsession.

“Ancelotti is relaxed, but very focused on preparing for the game. He was kinder, but that doesn’t mean he was any less able to fire up the team. Let’s just say we needed him at Madrid after the Mourinho hurricane.

“Allegri? The Coach is a bit Mourinho and a bit Ancelotti. He’s very calm when needed, but at times you’ve never seen someone angrier. You can sense it on the pitch, that he’s fighting along with the team from the touchline.”
- - - Updated - - -

Fuck me frzl im posting it on my iphone lol

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)