Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (168 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
we know no fee, no number for the buy-back-option, no conditions for the buy-back-option, not even if it´s a loan+option/obligation or an outright sale...
but by reading through most of the posts it won´t matter anyway because it´s already confirmed as one of the worst deals in recent juventus history.
Ok, let's then put it straight (for me at least).

1) if it's a loan deal I'm totally fine with it

2) if we're paying more than 18mln for him, it's nothing but a retarded piece of business.

Sure, we don't know official numbers. But let me guess... we're gonna end up paying 18-21mln for him and he's going to have a buyback option set at around 30-35mln. His wages are going to be 2-2.5mln/season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I see a lot of @Dule90 coming the next season...
Probably. What's you intake on Morata? I remember discussing it with some, might have been you, that I would very much like to see him here few months ago. I follow both Spanish giants fairly regularly and it doesn't take much for one to notice into what kind of player Morata might develop under proper guidance.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Not at all. Buying a backup for 20mln makes perfect sense apparently.

You can probably find a full video of his matches on youtube, it shouldn't last more than 30 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Tevez can play as a CF. The day he came to Juve and gave his interview iirc he said he'd love that role the most.

Even if he didn't say it -- he can ply there. You don't need a tall guy upfront if you're playing 4-3-3. That's not a default option.
This is where you have to ask why they didn't bring Ciro Immobile back. You sell 1/2 the Capocannoniere for ~9 million euro, a player who has shown he can score 20+ goals, with his 2nd half production being frighteningly efficient, and buy Morata who 'could' become a good striker and has never broken the 20 goal mark before for ~20 million. It's non-sensical.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Probably. What's you intake on Morata? I remember discussing it with some, might have been you, that I would very much like to see him here few months ago. I follow both Spanish giants fairly regularly and it doesn't take much for one to notice into what kind of player Morata might develop under proper guidance.
And if he does he's on his way to Madrid. Great business, we'll develop their players.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Ok, let's then put it straight (for me at least).

1) if it's a loan deal I'm totally fine with it

2) if we're paying more than 18mln for him, it's nothing but a retarded piece of business.

Sure, we don't know official numbers. But let me guess... we're gonna end up paying 18-21mln for him and he's going to have a buyback option set at around 30-35mln.
that´s exactly what i was talking about. half the sources say it will a loan deal and that would change everything, even in your opinion and, correct me if i´m wrong, i´m kinda under the impression that you are not a huge fan of signing him ;).
so why not wait a few hours until we know for sure and start crucifying marotta and conte then?

having said that: i don´t think it will be a loan deal as di marzio never mentioned it afair.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This is where you have to ask why they didn't bring Ciro Immobile back. You sell 1/2 the Capocannoniere for ~9 million euro, a player who has shown he can score 20+ goals, with his 2nd half production being frighteningly efficient, and buy Morata who 'could' become a good striker and has never broken the 20 goal mark before for ~20 million. It's non-sensical.
It makes no sense seriously.

His price tag is simply madness.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
that´s exactly what i was talking about. half the sources say it will a loan deal and that would change everything, even in your opinion and, correct me if i´m wrong, i´m kinda under the impression that you are not a huge fan of signing him ;).
so why not wait a few hours until we know for sure and start crucifying marotta and conte then?

having said that: i don´t think it will be a loan deal as di marzio never mentioned it afair.
Because I'm sure we're gonna spend money and not loan him. I will apologize for my rage comments if it's a loan deal. Like I'd care if I was proven wrong.

But you know what, I highly doubt it will come to that apology.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I don't like about this deal, but let's wait and see the official terms.
Honestly when I saw first reports about 12mln and with buyback option it made at least a bit of sense.

When I saw 18, and later 20-22mln reports I instantly thought how we offered higher in order to wipe out that buyback option. However, it seems it will be there and that's quite sad and horrible imo.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Immobile is one dimensional player, not suitable for Conte's system, poacher with limited technical abilities.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Because I'm sure we're gonna spend money and not loan him. I will apologize for my rage comments if it's a loan deal. Like I'd care if I was proven wrong.

But you know what, I highly doubt it will come to that apology.
me too ;). just wanted to understand it tbh... so basically it will be full blown rage now and then again when it´s official ^^.
i can completely understand it though. if the conte-"argument" doesn´t count at all for you and you don´t really rate the player then it has to look like the worst deal in history :D.

Jul 20, 2012
Morata is 21, has been playing as a reserve for Real Madrid.

Immobile is 24, has been playing for garbage sides in Serie A and Serie B.

Whats the difference? Immobile is a one dimensional player, and if you haven't noticed he obviously doesn't fit the mold of a player who could play at Juve. Not only that but he is napoletano and he knew he would never play for Juve.

Morata shits all over Immobile.

Do you remember the interview Conte had regarding his attackers? He said that it is their job to score, but he expects more from them regarding their work in trying to recover possession as well as helping in the build up play?

How exactly would Immobile do that? Immobile can't even dribble the ball 5 meters without losing possession, he is always caught offsides, and besides his questionable finishing, he lacks all the qualities of a possession based player. He is more of a poacher than anything else, while we need forwards who are able to work well on any part of the field ex: Llorente, Tevez.

Morata is exactly that kind of player

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Not only we've overpaid here but we have also accepted a buyback clause which makes this a pretty retarded deal.

I wouldnt've minded if we had just overpayed for him without the buyback option.If this transfer fee is upfront,then its pretty poor business imo.A totally win-win situation for Real.
Buy back clause is just to protect real madrid from over paying nothing else . When ronaldo (without a clause) wanted to leave from utd , even they could not stop him from leaving . They did get $$ for him.

Scouts + conte feel he has the quality and that is why we are going after him that has nothing to do with the buy back clause .

If he fails like how every other transfer fails in the footballing world he is going to be a liability of the buyer , is that not the case with everything ?

Over-priced ? . 15m for zaza , 30m for berardi or 15m for pereyra is justified ? . You guys follow the market be realistic.

You know how inflated the market is , for 20m we are getting the top scorer at the under-21 2013 European Championships bonus is he has the pace to play wide .

If he leaves after 2 years we will get 35m cash to spend on a top player if he is poor (risk is with the buyer always) we can easily offload him for 10-12m , vucinic was sold for 6m .

Not arguing just discussing :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Just want to inform a few things

Tevez, our best player last year, and Immobile dont get along. And thats an understatement.
Conte, values the team aspect greatly
Immobile didnt want to come to juve and he didnt want to come sit on the bench especially.

make of that what you want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 167)