Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (166 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I'm sick of hearing Conte knows, believe Conte etc.

I couldn't care less if it's Conte who wants him, or Marotta, or even Del Piero himself pushing for the deal.

It's not a given success if a certain coach wants someone ffs. I just can't believe we're spending 20mln on a back up while we need starters here :lol: what a huge joke.
Lol, relax, you can't do anything about it anyway :D I think those players will help us to implement a new gameplan more similar to 11/12. If it happens it will be an improvement because we're overpaying for them - yes but they're not as bad as they're made here to be.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Stop kidding yourself.

Just because you read some teams are interested it doesn't mean he's a gem. Remember how many teams wanted Robinho many years ago.

Germans also bought Elia. Twice. Even after his massive failure here. Maybe that should tell you enough.
Unless you've seen the kid there's nothing to discuss here. And that was Werder that brought Elia, while Wolfsburg operates in a slightly different way. Look at their roster and notice how many promising youngster they have acquired over the years. Can't see why is this such a big deal to some, as his signing doesn't exclude other arrivals that are bound to happen this summer. Talented youngster, touted as one of the best young Spanish forwards in a decade is always gonna cost and for 18-20m it is a good deal. Only low set buy back clause is somewhat worrisome, but we should wait for the official press release before going all ballistic. Chill ffs.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Not only we've overpaid here but we have also accepted a buyback clause which makes this a pretty retarded deal.

I wouldnt've minded if we had just overpayed for him without the buyback option.If this transfer fee is upfront,then its pretty poor business imo.A totally win-win situation for Real.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Unless you've seen the kid there's nothing to discuss here.
He started a couple of matches for Real and was coming from the bench most of time, playing 10 minutes. Like there was much to see.

But hey, Conte knows, Conte rates, Conte buys.

Can't see why is this such a big deal to some, as his signing doesn't exclude other arrivals that are bound to happen this summer.
:howler: yeah, I wonder why people rage because we're spending 20mln on a backup player this summer while we need wingers (no, Iturbe is not enough to have).

Only loan would make sense. This move is nothing but retarded. Hell, even if he starts for us it's retarded.

Jul 20, 2012
Is the hate even justified? Half of you never seen him play. While I am not saying that his performance last season justifies his price tag but with his potential and with dealing with Madrid what did you guys expect?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He started a couple of matches for Real and was coming from the bench most of time, playing 10 minutes. Like there was much to see.

But hey, Conte knows, Conte rates, Conte buys.

:howler: yeah, I wonder why people rage because we're spending 20mln on a backup player this summer while we need wingers (no, Iturbe is not enough to have).

Only loan would make sense. This move is nothing but retarded. Hell, even if he starts for us it's retarded.
There is plenty to see if you watch carefully. He's incredibly mobile for his height, excellent of the ball movement, good ball control which allows him to be deployed out wide, etc...

People rage all the time and for every little trifle, but it is not the reason to jump on that bandwagon.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
If we're playing 4-3-3 it's normal that people would want a winger. Simply because Tevez can play as a lone striker, just like Llorente.

I'd easily sign Shaqiri or Griezmann ahead of Morata. It would actually make much more sense and we'd be a lot stronger. We'd actually improve our starting XI, unlike with this move.

Simply a :tdown: move imo.
But we are going after iturbe and if we sign another winger we cant play him as a striker. Tevez likes to come deep to collect the ball like rooney does , he is very different to llorente you know that .

A team needs a squad of 14-15 quality players , can't just have 11 players and then a big drop in quality . Last season it was evident that our bench was very weak .

As starters we would have tevez-llorente-iturbe , if we get someone like shaqiri or bruyne then we are restricted to play them wide . Morata can play in 2 positions . How do we not need a back up ?

We have X amount of money in which we need to improve our starting 11 and our bench , so we are going to divide the money instead of going for sanchez we are after iturbe and morata .

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
I haven't been keeping up with much Juve transfer news but going through quickly the last couple of pages, we're going to pay 20M for Morata?

20M for Morata?
20M for Morata?
20M for Morata?
20M for Morata?
20M for Morata?
v
20M for Morata?20M for Morata?20M for Morata?20M for Morata?20M for Morata?v

20M for Morata?20M for Morata?
v
20M for Morata?v

someone kill me right now

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
You know it's going to be official.

It won't be less than 18mln.
we know no fee, no number for the buy-back-option, no conditions for the buy-back-option, not even if it´s a loan+option/obligation or an outright sale...
but by reading through most of the posts it won´t matter anyway because it´s already confirmed as one of the worst deals in recent juventus history.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Is the hate even justified?
Not at all. Buying a backup for 20mln makes perfect sense apparently.

Half of you never seen him play
You can probably find a full video of his matches on youtube, it shouldn't last more than 30 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

But we are going after iturbe and if we sign another winger we cant play him as a striker. Tevez likes to come deep to collect the ball like rooney does , he is very different to llorente you know that .

A team needs a squad of 14-15 quality players , can't just have 11 players and then a big drop in quality . Last season it was evident that our bench was very weak .

As starters we would have tevez-llorente-iturbe , if we get someone like shaqiri or bruyne then we are restricted to play them wide . Morata can play in 2 positions . How do we not need a back up ?

We have X amount of money in which we need to improve our starting 11 and our bench , so we are going to divide the money instead of going for sanchez we are after iturbe and morata .
Tevez can play as a CF. The day he came to Juve and gave his interview iirc he said he'd love that role the most.

Even if he didn't say it -- he can ply there. You don't need a tall guy upfront if you're playing 4-3-3. That's not a default option.

Jul 20, 2012
Not at all. Buying a backup for 20mln makes perfect sense apparently.

You can probably find a full video of his matches on youtube, it shouldn't last more than 30 minutes.
UGggh you caught me. Yep thats what I did. Youtubed him and then I suddenly wanted him. Why don't we just spend for Shaqiri or Griezemann. Why dont we just spend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 165)