Alternative to Milito: Khalid Boulahrouz (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It didn't cost them the league any more than a game they lost earlier in the season. Sure it was the game that made it official but it was only a matter of time until United clinched it.
Ya you're probably right..but fact is there was still some hope for them and he blew it.

Jun 7, 2003
Khalid will prove he is world class, he maybe failed at Chelsea but then again so did Ballack and Shevchenko, adapting is very difficult for most players,shamefully not every football fan sees that. Boumsong makes mistakes,Thuram made a crucial one against Milan last year,Puyol does,hell even Nesta makes then and so does F.Cannavaro who is chosen best defender in the world, I can only hope we get another great defender who is as tough as Khalid and as solid as Canna was when he played for us.
:tup: :tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Boulahrouz Should Sign For Sevilla Next Week
Further to reports earlier this week, Sevilla have indeed all but secured the signature of troubled Chelsea left-back Khalid Boulahrouz, leaving HSV and Newcastle United way behind in the chase for the Dutchman's signature.

Khalid Boulahrouz endured a difficult debut season at Stamford Bridge, but seems unlikely to gain the chance to redeem himself in England as Sevilla close in on his transfer.

After a decent start to his Chelsea career, he made only 13 league showings for the Blues in a season dogged by injury and poor form. With Jose Mourinho looking to refit his squad after a disappointing campaign, Boulahrouz is almost certain to leave - and Sevilla seems to be his destination.

And although Chelsea splashed out almost £8.5m for the Dutch stopper, he could join the rojiblancos for £3.4m, or even less if negotiations go Sevilla's way.

Newcastle United and Bolton Wanderers had previously been linked with the player, but their interest has cooled, while Hamburger SV, his former club, also seem to be out of the runnings. Bayern Munich were reportedly interested, but the Andalucians are set to pounce.

Sevilla will act quickly after all but ending negotiations with Fiorentina over their first transfer target, Thomas Ujfalusi and will hope to close the deal by early next week.

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Mourinho: Boulahrouz Can Leave, But Not Robben
Jose Mourinho has refuted suggestions that the arrival of Florent Malouda is a signal to Arjen Robben that he is bound for the Stamford Bridge exit door.

The Dutchman has shown a desire to stay with the Blues despite being far from guaranteed a regular first team spot at the club, especially now that winger Malouda has arrived from Lyon for £13.5.

However, Mourinho has confirmed that Dutch defender Khalid Boulahrouz will be leaving the club after his short and ineffective stint in West London, but he should be the only departure, which suggests reports concerning Claude Makelele are also incorrect.

"I don’t see anyone else leaving,” Mourinho said. “Boulahrouz is leaving and that’s the best situation. But the fact that we signed Malouda is not to open the door for [Robben] to leave.

“I’d love to keep them both. [Robben] has two more years of his contract and Chelsea are negotiating with him over a new contract. Hopefully, we can do it.”

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Boulahrouz Excited By Sevilla Challenge

Khalid Boulahrouz is looking forward to proving himself in Spain after completing a year-long loan move from Chelsea to Sevilla.

The Dutch international defender dropped down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge and jumped at the chance to join the UEFA Cup holders.

After moving to Chelsea for around €10m last summer from Hamburg, Boulahrouz never proved himself at the west London club and now he wants to show what he can do.

"I like to give everything I have on the field," he said.

"Over the last six months, I did not play enough - I want to recover here, to give everything for Sevilla."

In the second half of the seson, Boulahrouz played only four Premiership matches for the Blues and was often over-looked for midfielders in defensive positions.

It did not take him long to decide to move to Spain and after talking to people that know Sevilla he was quick to agree to the loan deal.

"I know Sevilla, I know the way that they play and it is an honour to be here. That is why I chose to join," he continued.

"I spoke to people about teh city and the fans and everyone told me only good things.

"From then on it was not a question of should I join, but when."

Boulahrouz, who was brought on and then taken back off in a game at Tottenham during his time at Chelsea, also revealed the reason that he is known as Cannibal.

"Some years ago when I was doing a press conference in Germany I forgot how to say a word so instead, I used a word that in Dutch means 'eat'," he explained.

"The next day all of the press were calling me 'Cannibal'. I would have preferred a different nickname but this one has stuck."

goal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)