Alex Sandro (68 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
If there's a market for him we should seriously consider a sale. I think an offer above 40mln would be very attractive. Luca Pellegrini should be his replacement.
40m for a soon 30 year old washed up left back? Never going to happen. I'd accept a 25m and try to sign David Alaba for a discounted fee, his contract is expiring in a year.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Actually I can. It's my opinion and I believe that Asamoah gave to the team way more. Alex Sandro during his second season he was immense and a much better player than Asamoah. I am talking about the sum of all matches.
Asamoah's body let him down towards the end, but that guy was a hustler man. He always put in the effort regardless of the outcome. I never saw a half-hearted Asamoah performance. Sandro I've seen about 20 this season alone.

If Sandro had even half of Kojo's hustle he would be a Juve legend.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Cmon man Pellegrini is not on Sandro's level. Alltough i have to admit i never saw Luca play
I'd say this season Italian has been much better than him. Considering his age and we own him already, I wouldn't hesitate to cash in on Sandro.
40m for a soon 30 year old washed up left back? Never going to happen. I'd accept a 25m and try to sign David Alaba for a discounted fee, his contract is expiring in a year.
Alaba I would avoid. Another soon to be 30yo with a giant contract. Not to mention he's not playing lb for a while now. I believe Pellegrini deserves a chance.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@The Quazis agreed about selling sandro for an adequate offer. but pellegrini is too green and not talented enough for a juventus starter. bring him back as a depth option, get gosens, and sandy can leave for all i care

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
@The Quazis agreed about selling sandro for an adequate offer. but pellegrini is too green and not talented enough for a juventus starter. bring him back as a depth option, get gosens, and sandy can leave for all i care
I’m still unsure about Gosens ability to play in a back four, especially if you have Bonucci playing LCB (if Chiellini is out).

That left side looks highly exposed.

Jun 7, 2003
We can't sell Sandro he is way too important. There is no chance that there is a better LB than him in the market.
I also don't know Gosens haha i know he plays for Atalanta but when we played against them somehow i didn't watch him closely

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Has Gosens played as an actual LB before or only as wingback?
I’m still unsure about Gosens ability to play in a back four, especially if you have Bonucci playing LCB (if Chiellini is out).

That left side looks highly exposed.
he grew up in germany and the dutch league, where very few teams play with a back 3, especially at academy/youth level. as far as i know, he never played wingback before atalanta.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Asamoah's body let him down towards the end, but that guy was a hustler man. He always put in the effort regardless of the outcome. I never saw a half-hearted Asamoah performance. Sandro I've seen about 20 this season alone.

If Sandro had even half of Kojo's hustle he would be a Juve legend.
100% sometimes it's not all about skill. What you said is a perfect example

Jul 13, 2010
I think it is important to point out the lack of any real threat for his position, not only in Juve, but hell, whole fucking world? He can literally walk around on the pitch and he still will be like top 10 in Europe or whatever.

Guys, let your kids try out wingback position if they are going to football academy. There are so little of them

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Has Gosens played as an actual LB before or only as wingback?
Exactly.

If his replacement is going to be some jabroni like Emerson or a makeshift fullback like Gosens, it wouldn't be wise to put him on the market. We are already suffering with the RB position as it is.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If there's a market for him we should seriously consider a sale. I think an offer above 40mln would be very attractive. Luca Pellegrini should be his replacement.
You think his replacement should be a Cagliari lb who main asset is just run straight? There is question mark whether Pellegrini can be good enough to be even backup for us, and you want him to start? Besides his young age, Pellegrini has not stood out in any way every time I seen him. His skillset is really limited so far.

Entertain selling Sandro only if the replacement is a real quality top level LB.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It isn't going to be hard to replace Sandro. Be honest, people. The guy has become average as hell and there are plenty of average LBs on lower wages we could sign and get the exact same level of output.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, we need to sell him before he runs out his contract and while he still has value. We have no business offering this dud a contract extension. We will, regardless, which is the annoying part.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
You think his replacement should be a Cagliari lb who main asset is just run straight? There is question mark whether Pellegrini can be good enough to be even backup for us, and you want him to start? Besides his young age, Pellegrini has not stood out in any way every time I seen him. His skillset is really limited so far.

Entertain selling Sandro only if the replacement is a real quality top level LB.
And how many times have you seen him? His main asset is just run straight and he had 6 assists this season in a team that scored 52 goals while Sandro had 3 assists playing more minutes in a team that scored 75.

Maybe I got a little bit ahead of myself saying he should be brought back to be undisputed starter but I still think AS should be sold if a decent offer comes in and then it should for the club to decide whether Pellegrini has what it takes to be first choice LB.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't going to be hard to replace Sandro. Be honest, people. The guy has become average as hell and there are plenty of average LBs on lower wages we could sign and get the exact same level of output.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, we need to sell him before he runs out his contract and while he still has value. We have no business offering this dud a contract extension. We will, regardless, which is the annoying part.
He has just extended.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I seen around 6-7 games this season, putting in occasional good cross to get assist in attacking width side is not all thats required from an LB. I'm not sure what you are seeing, but I dont see much of a talent when I seen him, young and raw, but his abilities dont exactly scream come and start for Juve, the opposite, seems rather limited. It would be significant downgrade to sell Sandro and have him as starter as it is currently. It is one thing to want to replace Sandro, but if you are aiming this low with replacements (Pellegrini or likes of Emerson), then its no point doing it. Only LB in Serie A I would wanna replace Sandro with is Theo Hernandez. Or Gosens if he counts as LB and not LWB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)