May 29, 2005
How many assists does Sandro have?

- - - Updated - - -

4 assists with 2656 minutes played

- - - Updated - - -

Luca P. has 5 assists, 1914 minutes played

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I think he needs competition. His best years (2015-2016 and 2016-2017) were when Evra was here

Now he has MDS and Danilo so he doesn't give a shit
If that's the case he should go. So Alex needs to have certain players on the pitch for optimum performance? Guess he has no aspiration to be the best player on the pitch. :sad:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Anyone think it is physical decline with him? Like 28 years old physical decline :shifty: We've seen it before with Brazilian players, but usually they are the lolzilian type.

He seems to really struggle getting up and down the field in a lot of games these past two seasons. I'm not going to judge players too harshly in this current climate, they all look fucked, but he has big spells in the season where he seems to be pacing himself. It's going to be be different as a 23 year old player than a 28/29 year old, you do things a bit smarter and less pointless running, but to me it seems like his legs have gone a bit.

Maybe he's playing through little injuries all the time. I often think that with Pjanic, that he seems like he is more withdrawn in a lot of games than he should be. Obviously we look at players and presume that if they are playing they are fit to play, like they are robots of sort, but we don't really have an idea of how fit they really are. With our injury record and choice of players it really wouldn't surprise me if we see this a lot at Juve as well as other teams.

Jun 16, 2020
Second season in a row that he’s playing everything. Last year Spina was injured and this year he’s the only left back that we have.

He’s the least of our problems. Is, like some others, playing way to much. I still consider him very good, and he would be a lot better without Matuid in front of him.

Next year Pellegrini should take away some pressure of him.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Anyone think it is physical decline with him? Like 28 years old physical decline :shifty: We've seen it before with Brazilian players, but usually they are the lolzilian type.

He seems to really struggle getting up and down the field in a lot of games these past two seasons. I'm not going to judge players too harshly in this current climate, they all look fucked, but he has big spells in the season where he seems to be pacing himself. It's going to be be different as a 23 year old player than a 28/29 year old, you do things a bit smarter and less pointless running, but to me it seems like his legs have gone a bit.

Maybe he's playing through little injuries all the time. I often think that with Pjanic, that he seems like he is more withdrawn in a lot of games than he should be. Obviously we look at players and presume that if they are playing they are fit to play, like they are robots of sort, but we don't really have an idea of how fit they really are. With our injury record and choice of players it really wouldn't surprise me if we see this a lot at Juve as well as other teams.
I'm not sure what has happened to him, he looks drunk a lot of the time. I think the lack of competition at his position doesn't help, probably needs someone to light a fire in him.

Jul 20, 2012

It could be that. At times yesterday he was almost walking to the ball or it was barely a jog. He seemed almost like he literally couldn't run.

Whatever it may be, I think we need to sell him. If we can't sell him, bring in Pellegrini and let Sandro be the backup if Pellegrini flops.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
I'm no fan of Sandro right now. But let put in some perspective, he has been constantly played for the past 4 years almost without rest. Sometimes he is rushed back to start after injury just because his backup (De Siglio) has been injured even more often than him. Playing fullback like that will burn him out faster.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm no fan of Sandro right now. But let put in some perspective, he has been constantly played for the past 4 years almost without rest. Sometimes he is rushed back to start after injury just because his backup (De Siglio) has been injured even more often than him. Playing fullback like that will burn him out faster.
And between the end of his second year and now, you'd think being played so much he would have had some kind of decent patch of playing well.

He is inconsistent. That's the reality.

beowulf

Dec 9, 2012
If a team needs a left back to create an attack, they aren't playing a brand of football I want to watch. Sure, some contribution would be nice. But there is a reason the position is a defender...

To sell our most reliable player to bring in another question mark in a year we need a massive revamp due to a lot of subpar performers would be out of the Milan book of mismanagement.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

Personally I don't think so. He doesn't strike me as that lolzillian party monster type and trust me I've seen MANY.

Your injury theory makes more sense to me. Think Ronaldo #9. We knew he was fucked but not the full extent of his condition which he revealed after retiring.The dude was in constant pain.

It could also be personal issues. Family, etc... We could make a case Brazilians don't deal too well with things like that.

Both him and Danilo not reaching their potential is a real mystery to me. They were great at Santos and then Porto (Danilo being the most promising of the two) and Alex Sandro did well here the first few seasons. I have a theory young players in today's football just don't give a shit as much as they used to. They get too rich too quickly and there's the internet and video gaming and all the other trends. It's more like a regular job than something you're passionate about.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

reason he doesnt get down to attack as oftem is because he doesnt have pogba to help him out.

it jsut proves how good pogba was even in bad form. pogba's ability to hold the ball and run with it made the full backs job easier to run up and down.

Ronaldo and matuidi dont do that as much. ronaldo too focused on attack and cutting in with ball. ronaldo of man u would have been different. both evra and neville were good playing with ronaldo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 68)