Alex Sandro (57 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Yes a good game and fan of Sandro like #10, but anymore with him, I feel like you could say it depends on what side of the bed he woke up is the way his performance that day will be. Up and down it seems all year and don't think it's been his best CL campaign this season. Though good play tonight from Alex. Need a big one in Turin.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Hah, that does sound funny indeed

I'm not saying AS is great, but still considering everyone else having brainfarts from time to time, imo can't imagine any of our RBs or LBs regardless of position that could bench him
I'm totally up for Spina getting more time but he fits a LM role much better.. if he'd show solid defense I'd be more totally fine with him starting because his forward runs are top level

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hah, that does sound funny indeed

I'm not saying AS is great, but still considering everyone else having brainfarts from time to time, imo can't imagine any of our RBs or LBs regardless of position that could bench him
I'm totally up for Spina getting more time but he fits a LM role much better.. if he'd show solid defense I'd be more totally fine with him starting because his forward runs are top level
MDS and Spinnazzola have less brain farts than Sandro and Cancelo

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
let spina play for a whole season and he will make a lot more mistakes, too.

sandro is one of 4 players who played more than 3000 minutes this season. only szczesny, cr and bonucci played more than him. until spina got back, he didn't have any backups. considering the playtime he gets, he's very reliable. i'd find it hard to replace him if he's really gone in the summer.

btw spina is a natural wingback, and can be almost as useful in attack as cancelo, while being a less error prone defender. i'd love to see max experiment with a 4-4-2 with sandy+spina on the left, mds+cancelo or cancelo+berna on the right.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:lol: If only you weren't opening all the Juve match thread I could have saved myself from reading your joke opinions by ignoring you.
I bet it’s easier to find the last time Sandro or Cancelo mistakes that led to goals than the other two :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

let spina play for a whole season and he will make a lot more mistakes, too.

sandro is one of 4 players who played more than 3000 minutes this season. only szczesny, cr and bonucci played more than him. until spina got back, he didn't have any backups. considering the playtime he gets, he's very reliable. i'd find it hard to replace him if he's really gone in the summer.

btw spina is a natural wingback, and can be almost as useful in attack as cancelo, while being a less error prone defender. i'd love to see max experiment with a 4-4-2 with sandy+spina on the left, mds+cancelo or cancelo+berna on the right.
Cancelo definitely needs to play further forward. Agree there for sure

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
You can't just claim they have less brain farts when Sandro got so much more play time, almost double than MDS.

You may say that MDS has less brainfarts than Cancelo, but still considering that Cancelo is much more offensive I'd say they're even.
And Spina is still not proven. Yes he looks like a great attacking back, but that's it. I can't imagine him being more or at least as solid as AS at the back, which imo is the reason we won't see him benched yet.

Also let's be real - everyone saw how Spina gets gassed when doing what he does best - you just can't run and dribble up and down the flank and still defend properly, for 90 mins - that might be the reason AS aswell doesn't push up hard as he used to. I'm totally up for fully testing Spina's limits tho, I'd love an offensive fullback who can defend properly aswell.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Our best player lol Says a lot hah?

We missed a golden opportunity to sell him for 60m to ManU or PSG last summer.
That whole thing with Higuain and Bonucci was just bullshit. Selling Alex Sandro would have been a much better option. Also Higuain will not bring us a penny not now not ever.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Our best player lol Says a lot hah?

We missed a golden opportunity to sell him for 60m to ManU or PSG last summer.
And you think we could get a better LB for 60m? Please...
If Spina could be our starter LB then yea sure, such sums are fine. But untill Spina proves himself to have that starter quality, you can't just go and sell your main LB - aswell the guy who played the most minutes of all players this season iirc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)