Alex Sandro (50 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Kojo's first two seasons with us under Conte he was a mile better than this Alex Sandro.

Alex Sandro is a concern whether he stays or leaves. Having a really talented player just coasting along is absolutely pointless, he ends up worse than a 'good' player like Asamoah who puts a shift in. What do people want to keep a half-assed Alex Sandro for, so he looks good on their FIFA/FM squads, player bragging rights with internet fans, the eternal hope for a return to form? He was going through the motions for almost an entire season, there's clearly something wrong here and it needs sorting one way or another.

He was my favourite player last season and I'm not a knee-jerker, but most of what I saw was unacceptable. Nothing pisses me off more than talented players trying to do just enough, and we carried a few this season like that.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Kojo's first two seasons with us under Conte he was a mile better than this Alex Sandro.

Alex Sandro is a concern whether he stays or leaves. Having a really talented player just coasting along is absolutely pointless, he ends up worse than a 'good' player like Asamoah who puts a shift in. What do people want to keep a half-assed Alex Sandro for, so he looks good on their FIFA/FM squads, player bragging rights with internet fans, the eternal hope for a return to form? He was going through the motions for almost an entire season, there's clearly something wrong here and it needs sorting one way or another.

He was my favourite player last season and I'm not a knee-jerker, but most of what I saw was unacceptable. Nothing pisses me off more than talented players trying to do just enough, and we carried a few this season like that.
maybe I'm old fashioned but not selling players after one poor season used to be the norm in football

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah I agree with that but it's not a poor season on a technical level, that's what concerns me. Everything is mental and his application, so whether you believe the stories of off-field issues, or there is a professional fall-out, or he's just stagnating because football now is a sport where players often move every few years and this is in his mind, or he thinks he's won everything he can win here and it can be repeated with less effort, we don't know.

If I saw him trying and things were just not coming off I'd be far less concerned. What a fantastic player he was last year, absolute physical and technical beast, marauding around the touchline, beating players like he was their daddy. Seriously, wtf happened...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Now people should understand why we sell players who clearly don’t want to be here.

Obviously he wanted to leave last season, but after letting go of Bonucci and Alves, Sandro would have been too much. We gambled on that, and he was largely terrible for the majority of the campaign. I agree 100% with JuveJay, his performances and application were not in any way acceptable at all.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Now people should understand why we sell players who clearly don’t want to be here.

Obviously he wanted to leave last season, but after letting go of Bonucci and Alves, Sandro would have been too much. We gambled on that, and he was largely terrible for the majority of the campaign. I agree 100% with JuveJay, his performances and application were not in any way acceptable at all.
I just think this shouldn't be an absolute policy like it seems. It should vary according to the profile of the player. Some guys are professional enough to keep their performance and live out their contracts, despite having wanted to leave.

But yes, Sandro, Pogba and probably Dybala all fit the bill as guys who will lack effort if their leaving desires wont be fulfilled. Vidal I'm not sure.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Hope we could extend his contract and keep him.

Asabob left, Licht left, Spinazzola out for 6 months or possibly even a year. We're left with only 1 fullback who's also injury prone. In a market where quality fullbacks are hard to find, we ought to keep our only quality FB. But unfortunately it wont happen.

Darmian-De Sciglio will be our starting fullbacks next season wont they :scared:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Hope we could extend his contract and keep him.

Asabob left, Licht left, Spinazzola out for 6 months. We're left with only 1 fullback who's also injury prone. In a market where quality fullbacks are hard to find, we ought to keep our only quality FB. But unfortunately it wont happen.

Darmian-De Sciglio will be our starting fullbacks next season wont they :scared:
But, as Jay pointed out, can you consider someone quality if he's underwhelming half the time? Personally, if I wouldn't go as far as saying his performances were unacceptable (few exceptions here & there), but he definitely was not a better player than our other fullbacks.
Potential & performance are 2 very different things.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
But, as Jay pointed out, can you consider someone quality if he's underwhelming half the time? Personally, if I wouldn't go as far as saying his performances were unacceptable (few exceptions here & there), but he definitely was not a better player than our other fullbacks.
Potential & performance are 2 very different things.
Maybe a wage increase could change that ?

We dont know what's exactly been the problem with him this season or what's the reason for his 'lack of effort'

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I usually don't comment on wages and figures but increasing his wage for what? He's done one shitty season performance and if his current wages doesn't convince him to stay then sell him without thinking twice. He is replaceable anytime anyday.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Its amazing how poor he was this season and how great he was last season. Last season you would have said he was in the top 5 left backs in the world. Now he doesn't even make the big Brazil squad. I hardly remember him having 1 good game this season or making the difference in any of the big games.

How can such a great player go downhill so quickly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)