Alex Sandro (49 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What do you think the wider issue is?
Who knows. Maybe he's not the only one looking to leave. Maybe some aren't happy with how they are being used or the balance of the team. Maybe we're just so used to winning that those players have got a little complacent.

I also think Alex Sandro has/had some off-field issues that were alluded to some months ago, but I look at our top players, which for me are Dybala, Pjanic, Alex Sandro, Higuain, and then Buffon and Chiellini from the old guard, and you look over the season and wonder who has been consistently good? They've all done it in bits and pieces. Dybala is so good he can score in second gear. Pjanic is a little bit of a "good time player" imo, I like him a lot but still question if he's a technical leader far above a mental one.

I think this season there are issues running concurrently;
- Veterans and leaders on a considerable decline, on the way out or battling injury (Buffon, Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Mandzukic)
- Players important to the way Allegri wants to play are in their settling in season (Bernardeschi, Douglas Costa)
- CM issues; partly to do with Marchisio's issues but also a generational gap and lack of signing a genuine world class player
- Fitting Dybala into the approach that best suits others

This season I think age catching up and CM are the two biggest issues. CMs and fullbacks are the most important in the mercato. Thanks to previous future planning for Szcsesny, Caldara, Spinazzola, Bentancur and Pjaca we are better positioned than the likes of Inter or Milan were at the end of their cycle.

Buffon >< Szczesny
Asamoah >< Spinazzola
Barzagli >< Caldara
Lichtsteiner replacement DR €20m
Starting MC €40m
Experienced backup keeper

Honestly I don't expect much else unless we sell Dybala, Alex Sandro etc, but I do wonder whether we'll go for an experienced MC or retain all of our current options and throw a lot of money at a young player like Barella. That would go with the grain.

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He's being underwhelming this season, no questions about it... last season he was top 3 at least in our team. However saying Asa have had a better season so far is just nonsense if we meassure both without looking their name, just what they did, look for stats instead

If we stick with the likes of Asa, MdS, Darmian, Spinazzola it would be a very stupid call for our board

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He is no doubt a great FB on his day...the most frustrating part in all of this (aside from seeing him underachieve each match) is that we will see him explode again in another team if he finds one that suits him.

Very frustrating situation with him.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Maybe we're just so used to winning that those players have got a little complacent.
I also think Alex Sandro has/had some off-field issues that were alluded to some months ago, but I look at our top players, which for me are Dybala, Pjanic, Alex Sandro, Higuain, and then Buffon and Chiellini from the old guard, and you look over the season and wonder who has been consistently good? They've all done it in bits and pieces. Dybala is so good he can score in second gear. Pjanic is a little bit of a "good time player" imo, I like him a lot but still question if he's a technical leader far above a mental one.

I think this season there are issues running concurrently;
- Veterans and leaders on a considerable decline, on the way out or battling injury (Buffon, Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Mandzukic)
- Players important to the way Allegri wants to play are in their settling in season (Bernardeschi, Douglas Costa)
- CM issues; partly to do with Marchisio's issues but also a generational gap and lack of signing a genuine world class player
- Fitting Dybala into the approach that best suits others

This season I think age catching up and CM+RB are the two biggest issues.
I subscribe to this. :tup:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He's being underwhelming this season, no questions about it... last season he was top 3 at least in our team. However saying Asa have had a better season so far is just nonsense if we meassure both without looking their name, just what they did, look for stats instead

If we stick with the likes of Asa, MdS, Darmian, Spinazzola it would be a very stupid call for our board
Asa has been quite stable defensively this season, he's definitely not on par with Sandro when it comes to putting in crosses, but overall it's not such a crazy idea to suggest that Sandro has been performing at Asamoah level. Considering Kwadwo is likely going to Inter, I don't think we'll sell Sandro, unless a big offer comes in, so you don't have to worry about that.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Asa has been quite stable defensively this season, he's definitely not on par with Sandro when it comes to putting in crosses, but overall it's not such a crazy idea to suggest that Sandro has been performing at Asamoah level. Considering Kwadwo is likely going to Inter, I don't think we'll sell Sandro, unless a big offer comes in, so you don't have to worry about that.
Our board philosophy is that we dont have a say and what the player wants he gets.. So if A.Sandro asks to leave - he will...

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Our board philosophy is that we dont have a say and what the player wants he gets.. So if A.Sandro asks to leave - he will...
I'd rather call that our boards advertising billboard that they're trying to maintain, I'm sure we've made plenty of players unhappy over the years

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
If we had signed Alex last summer for 50, 60m and this is what we got we would be talking about a big flop. He regressed so much and again against Benevento of all teams. Yes, Asamoah has had a better season than him. Alex has become a liability in defense, is late to his position and is forced to foul because of it. He just went through like 5 yellow cards in a row. He just shines up front.

I've been waiting for him to wake up since his early season form, never happened, still poor.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Oh, offers will come in but they won't be as high as last year, at least initially they won't be. We will have to make sure we set a limit we won't go beyond and go from there. His form this season has inevitably took a hit to his value from last season.

Offers will come because people know what he is capable of.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
If we won't receive an offer of around 60mln than just do not sell. We bought him for 26mln on the last year of his contract with Porto. Now not only he has more than a year on the contract, he's aslo become an established player on the top stage with us. Not to mention there's a shortage of top FBs. Even if he will be unhappy af we will still be able to get our investment back in the 2019 summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)