Alex Sandro (34 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
When you think about it, Inter is like that. They won in 2010, but else they mostly been irrelevant really
:agree:

Won in 2010, but that's the only CL final they have played in since 1972.

THey've won 3 CL finals - lost 2. We've won 2- lost 7... But all of our CL finals are since 1973. A time period they've been entirely irrelevant for and featured in 1 single final to our 9. They've basically been an Arsenal for all of modern football history. I'd take our record over theirs any day.

Manchester United is another story. Same record in the CL as Inter, 3 wins - 2 losses, but 4 of those finals, and 2 wins have happened since 1999. So they get points there for being relevant for the modern football era, and I'd certainly take a record like that over our last 25 years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
:agree:

Won in 2010, but that's the only CL final they have played in since 1972.

THey've won 3 CL finals - lost 2. We've won 2- lost 7... But all of our CL finals are since 1973. A time period they've been entirely irrelevant for and featured in 1 single final to our 9. They've basically been an Arsenal for all of modern football history. I'd take our record over theirs any day.

Manchester United is another story. Same record in the CL as Inter, 3 wins - 2 losses, but 4 of those finals, and 2 wins have happened since 1999. So they get points there for being relevant for the modern football era, and I'd certainly take a record like that over our last 25 years.

But think about it.. United only got 20 league titles compared to Juventus´ 35 :D another thing I never get about United fans is when they start the "We are the biggest club in the world with the biggest history" song .. How exactly does United got a bigger history than the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, AC Milan, Ajax and so? Those 5 are the true goats of all time clubs when you look back at the history. Liverpool could be counted too, but I seem to forget them as they havent won a national title for 27 years :lol:

Then when you say this stuff to a United fan they often respond with "bu bu but, we are the most supported club in the world with the biggest economy" So how exactly does that shit makes you the biggest club? I might be conservative in this case, but I gauge clubs from what they won historically/present and not how many fans they got in Africa/Asia, how the fuck is that even important? :lol: :sergio:

But thats the typical Yanited fan. They are deluded as shit. I could go on really.

That said I respect all clubs for their history, and all of the giant clubs got a magnificent history.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Another sad thing is that one club - Real Madrid now shits on everyone trophy wise by a mile :cry:

Another another sad thing is that Juve helped them... twice.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
[/B]

But think about it.. United only got 20 league titles compared to Juventus´ 35 :D another thing I never get about United fans is when they start the "We are the biggest club in the world with the biggest history" song .. How exactly does United got a bigger history than the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, AC Milan, Ajax and so? Those 5 are the true goats of all time clubs when you look back at the history. Liverpool could be counted too, but I seem to forget them as they havent won a national title for 27 years :lol:

Then when you say this stuff to a United fan they often respond with "bu bu but, we are the most supported club in the world with the biggest economy" So how exactly does that shit makes you the biggest club? I might be conservative in this case, but I gauge clubs from what they won historically/present and not how many fans they got in Africa/Asia, how the fuck is that even important? :lol: :sergio:

But thats the typical Yanited fan. They are deluded as shit. I could go on really.

That said I respect all clubs for their history, and all of the giant clubs got a magnificent history.
:tup:

We definitely have a more successful history than United, due to a combination of Domestic and European success. Add in 3 UEFA Cups from back when only 1st place team got into CL (which made UEFA Cup a brutal competition to win with so many top teams playing in it). Even though we haven't won as many CL, I think we're 4th in terms of UEFA trophies over all, with 11, behind Real Madrid, Milan, Barca. Bayern has 10 (though 5 CLs, so jealous :p ). ManU has 7 :lol2:

Barcelona is probably in the tier of giants now especially due to very modern history.

You could make an argument for 8 teams making up the very elite of football, with regards to history and modern times.

Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Barcelona, AC Milan, Ajax, Liverpool, Manchester United.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

We definitely have a more successful history than United, due to a combination of Domestic and European success. Add in 3 UEFA Cups from back when only 1st place team got into CL (which made UEFA Cup a brutal competition to win with so many top teams playing in it). Even though we haven't won as many CL, I think we're 4th in terms of UEFA trophies over all, with 11, behind Real Madrid, Milan, Barca. Bayern has 10 (though 5 CLs, so jealous :p ). ManU has 7 :lol2:

Barcelona is probably in the tier of giants now especially due to very modern history.

You could make an argument for 8 teams making up the very elite of football, with regards to history and modern times.

Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Barcelona, AC Milan, Ajax, Liverpool, Manchester United.
Fuck man this years UEFA Super Cup is a classic lose-lose for us.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

Yes youre right, Barcelona should be counted too.. What they have been doing domestic and in Europa since 2006 is truly amazing. Also the funny thing about them is that they always had some of the worlds best players, even before their golden era from 2006 and forward.

Also worth to mention is that they got 29 Copa del Rey, (its a sick amount really) we "only" got 18, but we beat them to league titles where we got 27 and them 24 :D

About the CL trophies, im proud Bayern have won 5, but we should have 1-2 more really.. Juventus should also have won 4-5 by now. 1997, 1998 and 2003 you should have won for sure.

We should have won 1987 (we were leading, but decided to fuck it up in the last 20 minutes or something), then 1999 offcourse, 2012 also.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Exactly this. We're not a top 5 club of the last 20 years because of the lack of a CL title. Which sucks. Because we really should be.

Regardless, if I had to pick my poison, I'd rather be featuring in the biggest European matches each year in the SFs and Finals, than be some scrub team always knocked out in the early stages. One day we'll win. We have to. I'd rather not contemplate losing another 5 straight finals over the next 20-30 years. :sergio:

Faith. Gotta have it. And the domestic success will take the edge of that hunger until it's finally sated.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Another sad thing is that one club - Real Madrid now $#@!s on everyone trophy wise by a mile :cry:

Another another sad thing is that Juve helped them... twice.
And the first one was the worst cuz after 60+ years they won again and then voila... they had Florentino using his companies to support RM deals and there we r, Los Galácticos and CR7 era

May 23, 2013

Perfect list but maybe Benfica deserves a shout? Domestic success+International Success+Having the likes of Eusubio play for their club.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd put Porto ahead of Benfica. Benfica haven't done shit in Europe since the 60's man :D

Also, I'm gonna hold off on insulting the management, but if they sell Sandro, especially for 60 million or so, then anyone defending them should be shot multiple times.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
That's ridiculous. You don't get the chance to win finals without getting to them. I'd rather lose 100 finals than be an irrelevant Rof16/QF exit every year.

It's pretty obvious we've been a top 3 team in football under Allegri. Only Barca and Real have won the CL in these 3 years, and no one else has come close to our 3 straight domestic doubles + 2 CL finals record. Arguing otherwise is completely baseless.

Over the last decade? Of course not, but what other team had to go through calciopoli and relegation?

As long as we keep getting to last 4 of the CL eventually we will get one right. Sad that this is the case but infinitely better than being an irrelevant team who gets the biggest stage once every 20-30 years.
We are as much of a top team as Liverpool is, I don't care to make the final, id rather lose in the first round than make it to the final only to go lose over and over.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Perfect list but maybe Benfica deserves a shout? Domestic success+International Success+Having the likes of Eusubio play for their club.
7 finals as well

- - - Updated - - -

I'd put Porto ahead of Benfica. Benfica haven't done shit in Europe since the 60's man :D

Also, I'm gonna hold off on insulting the management, but if they sell Sandro, especially for 60 million or so, then anyone defending them should be shot multiple times.
Porto ahead of Benfica is blasphemy. Recency is not a good argument

May 23, 2013
I'd put Porto ahead of Benfica. Benfica haven't done $#@! in Europe since the 60's man :D

Hey hey hey they've lost quite a few finals since then. That means allot okay :D

I really don't want Alex Sandro sold but Marotta's decisions usually work out right in the end. Especially with Allegri there to improvise.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hey hey hey they've lost quite a few finals since then. That means allot okay :D

I really don't want Alex Sandro sold but Marotta's decisions usually work out right in the end. Especially with Allegri there to improvise.
Lost finals :scared:

I'm sure Allegri signed with the assurances of the board that no top players will be sold. We'll never win in Europe while constantly chopping and changing; continuity is necessary. Allegri can't keep working miracles every season, and I fear if we do sell any big names this summer, he'll get fed up and leave in the summer of 2018. Honestly, if Marotta and the board are going to keep selling one top player every fucking year, then they can fuck off and go elsewhere.

May 23, 2013
Lost finals :scared:

I'm sure Allegri signed with the assurances of the board that no top players will be sold. We'll never win in Europe while constantly chopping and changing; continuity is necessary. Allegri can't keep working miracles every season, and I fear if we do sell any big names this summer, he'll get fed up and leave in the summer of 2018. Honestly, if Marotta and the board are going to keep selling one top player every $#@!ing year, then they can $#@! off and go elsewhere.
Alex Sandro will definitely leave the worst taste in my mouth. Best in the world in his position and really irreplaceable. We need to win the CL within his current contract imo Allegri will be gone. Not that the club would sack him but theres only so much you can take mentally after 2 CL finals especially the last one.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
If this goes through, my respect for Conte is gone

[video=twitter;878398560475152384]https://twitter.com/BrazilStat/status/878398560475152384[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

I remember Pep saying he'd never go for Barcelona players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)