Alex Sandro (179 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Easily explained: Mary Jane, Alex Sandro... Double names. Alessandro would be the regular name though. But for some ghetto reason his mom chose to make it two first names that way. Maicon, for example, is the wrong way of pronouncing Michael in Portuguese, ghetto style.

- - - Updated - - -

Sandro is his middle name
No.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
that is so fuckin' weird though :lol:
Why couldn't they just call him Alexandro.

That would be like naming somebody Jon Athan as his first name.
Yes, blame his mom. But it's not abnormal in South America to have 2 first names and two last names. It's actually a Portuguese /Spanish tradition.

Think of Llorente, his name is Fernando Javier (two first names) Llorente Torres (his mother's and father's last names)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Easily explained: Mary Jane, Alex Sandro... Double names. Alessandro would be the regular name though. But for some ghetto reason his mom chose to make it two first names that way. Maicon, for example, is the wrong way of pronouncing Michael in Portuguese, ghetto style.

- - - Updated - - -

No.
I love how Brazilians come up with their names :D

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yes, blame his mom. But it's not abnormal in South America to have 2 first names and two last names. It's actually a Portuguese /Spanish tradition.

Think of Llorente, his name is Fernando Javier (two first names) Llorente Torres (his mother's and father's last names)
Yeah, I was reading up on that before. I think Isla's name is Mauricio Isla Isla. I'm guessing its because he's either a bastard or some inbred action.
Same thing with Alexis Sanchez who's name is Alexis Sanchez Sanchez.

Do they need to have double last name in South America?

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Yeah, I was reading up on that before. I think Isla's name is Mauricio Isla Isla. I'm guessing its because he's either a bastard or some inbred action.
Same thing with Alexis Sanchez who's name is Alexis Sanchez Sanchez.

Do they need to have double last name in South America?
Maybe both their parents had the same last name, it's possible since they're very common last names in SA.

Not necessarily but it's very common. As I said it's tradition. I have a double first name and an Italian and Portuguese last name.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
His name is weird but I really like It, maybe I would name my next kid like that hahahaha

Double names is normal: Juan Guillermo Cuadrado Bello

Our Colombian last names dude are funnier. It's like beatiful squared hahahha what an irony lol

Mar 3, 2014
think the first last name is paternal, which is why most of the spanish players go with that one.

James David Rodríguez Rubio
Cristián Eduardo Zapata Valencia
Fredy Alejandro Guarín Vásquez
Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo
Alexis Alejandro Sánchez Sánchez (lol)
Claudio Andrés Bravo Muñoz
Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz
Edinson Roberto Cavani Gómez

Looks like Argentina is an exception, since many have 3 names..
Ezequiel Iván Lavezzi
Lucas Rodrigo Biglia

Then in Europe, Spain seems to have diversity too with some with first middle last.

interesting...

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
This guy has everything! I can't believe that people where shouting that Danilo was the best back in Porto's squad. Real Madrid got into the hype and payed 31m for an average right-back. Marotta bought this fucking jewel for 25m, while he had a clause for 50m!

Such an complete player: dribbles, fast, stamina, really really strong, defensively good etc. His only 'weaker' point is his crossing imo, but it isn't bad.

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
Nice assist, but made some dodgy decisions today. He had a lot of trouble keeping his footing and it seemed to get to him a bit. By the end of the match he seemed to have mostly sorted it out, though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This guy has everything! I can't believe that people where shouting that Danilo was the best back in Porto's squad. Real Madrid got into the hype and payed 31m for an average right-back. Marotta bought this fucking jewel for 25m, while he had a clause for 50m!

Such an complete player: dribbles, fast, stamina, really really strong, defensively good etc. His only 'weaker' point is his crossing imo, but it isn't bad.
I think his crossing is dangerous, but generally his short/medium crossing. Back post he hasn't figured it out yet.

It's surprising how generally poor crossing is these days across the board when compared to the past when you had more authentic wingers who played on their stronger side. I think the modern floaty footballs are also a contributing factor. Anyone who remembers kicking a 90s football like a Mitre or Adidas knows what I mean when you kick the modern balls. They are better for passing and shooting, the direction the game has moved in for the last 10 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 164)