Alex Sandro (21 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'm not really sure what is it with this crossing fascination in these forums! As if the full back's only job is to cross balls. Plus, Evra's crossing is way better than Sandro's anyways. Sandro is younger, more energetic and faster. That's about it for now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sandro is more likely to get past his man/cut in majority of the time compared to Evra who's main offensive capability is one twos and run into space to cross.

But Sandro had so-so game vs Frosinone IMO. Expect better from him. Or its partly more it's hard to look good on his flank when the other side was a monstrous display by Cuadrado.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Sandro's crossing was atrocious against Fros, the ball rarely left the ground, his crossing isn't an issue when Mandz aint playing, but when he is the crossing needs to be better

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
he had at least one really good cross, can't remember who missed it. Think it may have been Sturaro's header but can't remember. Many times when he crossed there were not many to target too. Zaza was hiding and at best there would be one more at the far post with a zillion defenders around him.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Probably out of respect for Evra's great season but ffs considering we're allergic to buying wingers we should absolutely be using this guy who's good enough defensively but can also attack. I know having more than 1 player in your team that's capable of attacking is a bit controversial for most Italian coaches though so there's that to take in to consideration.

Mar 9, 2006
Roma signed Digne in the end of summer and he instantly became a staring player and already made couple of assists and looked very impressive for them and we should do the same with Sandro, he is a beast, he should be our first choice

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Juventino[RUS];5108531 said:
Roma signed Digne in the end of summer and he instantly became a staring player and already made couple of assists and looked very impressive for them and we should do the same with Sandro, he is a beast, he should be our first choice
Evra has been solid and he is one of the few leaders that we sorely need.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Juventino[RUS];5108531 said:
Digne played under Garcia at Lille, he knew his tactics already.

I don't think Alex Sandro's two performances so far have been particularly outstanding, so I can't see the need to criticise him unjustly or claim that he should instantly be a starter, based on this. Aside from the golden rule that we paid a lot of money for him so he must start from the first minute of the first game, of course. Dybala is another who falls into that category.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
. Aside from the golden rule that we paid a lot of money for him so he must start from the first minute of the first game, of course. Dybala is another who falls into that category.
so you are telling me we dont need to start the two players we combined bought for 66 million?

got it. appranetly we are rich enough to afford such bench player, but god forbid we use that much to sign an actual treq instead.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Digne played under Garcia at Lille, he knew his tactics already.

I don't think Alex Sandro's two performances so far have been particularly outstanding, so I can't see the need to criticise him unjustly or claim that he should instantly be a starter, based on this. Aside from the golden rule that we paid a lot of money for him so he must start from the first minute of the first game, of course. Dybala is another who falls into that category.
:D Devils advocate for the heck of it this time IMO. They are benched by inferior players nontheless, its fairly obvious. Evra is more experienced and Dybala is benched for "tactical" reasons, but they are in overall better and offer more then their counterparts and should be given the playing time for it. Evra is good defensive and offers little forward, Sandro is good defensively and can basically cover the wing offensively on his own aslong as Pogba stops his sideshow there. Dybala is punished for whatever reason, but mainly due to not having a TQ Allegri likes and the midfield injuries forcing this wingbased stuff, but even then, its nonsense to bench him for Mandzu and Zaza who both offers so incredibly little on the pitch so far.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
so you are telling me we dont need to start the two players we combined bought for 66 million?

got it. appranetly we are rich enough to afford such bench player, but god forbid we use that much to sign an actual treq instead.
Yes we shouldn't be starting players based on price tags. They are two who have the most quality but right now they are hardly playing to a level which demands their inclusion. We paid far less for players who could do this right away, in the past.

We have problems now trying to gel together a team, so the answer doesn't seem that it should clearly be to throw as many new players in as possible, especially one who is new to the league (yes ha di ha dat Serie A experience, it's hilarious, but every player mentions that calcio is the most tactical for a reason) and the other a super hyped kid. Allegri has gone with the old guard, and I didn't hear too many complaints after the City game when he did that. He'll surely play Alex Sandro against Sevilla, and possibly Dybala again, so really it's becoming a moot point anyway.

:D Devils advocate for the heck of it this time IMO. They are benched by inferior players nontheless, its fairly obvious. Evra is more experienced and Dybala is benched for "tactical" reasons, but they are in overall better and offer more then their counterparts and should be given the playing time for it. Evra is good defensive and offers little forward, Sandro is good defensively and can basically cover the wing offensively on his own aslong as Pogba stops his sideshow there. Dybala is punished for whatever reason, but mainly due to not having a TQ Allegri likes and the midfield injuries forcing this wingbased stuff, but even then, its nonsense to bench him for Mandzu and Zaza who both offers so incredibly little on the pitch so far.
For me Evra has been fine, and is clearly one of our remaining leaders, it's easy to see why he is picked for a tough away fixture. That said he shouldn't play two games a week. Dybala has problems because he can't play from the right inside with Cuadrado being there as a key player, and he is not a genuine CF to play centrally on his own, which is why Zaza (as the only remaining true CF) played that Frosinone game. Then they played together, which is where I see Dybala eventually.

Apr 19, 2007
Not saying he should be on the bench but mesing up to much of the starting lineup is dangerous in mot cases. We have a lot of new players on top of a lot of injuries. I see why he would want to keep the back line in tact

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Vidal wa benched for about 6 games when he came and became player of the season...actually probably just top 3 but its best not to put a bunch of pressure on them and make them work to earn a spot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)