Alex Sandro (25 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Gap getting bigger and bigger. And then people bitch and moan about why we can’t hold on to our “best” players. The wages on offer at some of those clubs are ridiculous.
The wages are ridiculous. But hey, let’s all get bent out of shape as we continue our financial growth even though we can’t skyrocket to PSG status immediately.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
My link

Your link

Wonder which one sounds more trustworthy
And? My link wasn't intended to refute your article, was it? Did I quote yours? The point being made is that the teams IN FRONT of us are out of reach at the moment and people are bitching like Juve has money trees growing at Vinovo but we don't want to spend the money.

If you think we have the current financial might to throw the stupid money at players like PSG, FCB, RM, MC, MU, BM....then this argument is pointless.

PSG and City pretty much have a blank check every year to write. You can pretend like we have a chance with them financially. Be my guest. Bayern, MU and the Spanish team have a business powerhouses rolling in money from either higher ticket prices, larger stadiums, world wide marketing brand name/merchandising sales or a mix of all of them. Juve crashed and had to rebuild and we are doing it strictly from a very stringent business model. We are growing and pretty quickly might I add but this stuff takes time. Its a good business model that has given us some pretty damn good results since it started. What is the problem? Winning? Because we seem to be pretty good at that lately all that is missing is one trophy.

Mind you, 2 CL finals in 3 years on a budget and sticking to a plan. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

When this Messi/Ronaldo era is over, you folks will be fucking happy that we actually had a plan. Spoiled fans, geez.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Gap getting bigger and bigger. And then people bitch and moan about why we can’t hold on to our “best” players. The wages on offer at some of those clubs are ridiculous.
Just like you're bitching and moaning about people bitching and moaning. If the gap is getting bigger, then the board needs to do something, instead of losing a star player every single fucking season.

No one is saying to compete financially with the likes of City, PSG, and the Red Cunts, but we can't be offering 50% less in terms of salaries and expect to remain competitive. Also, we can't grow as a brand if we keep selling our best players. It's common sense.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Just like you're bitching and moaning about people bitching and moaning. If the gap is getting bigger, then the board needs to do something, instead of losing a star player every single fucking season.

No one is saying to compete financially with the likes of City, PSG, and the Red Cunts, but we can't be offering 50% less in terms of salaries and expect to remain competitive. Also, we can't grow as a brand if we keep selling our best players. It's common sense.
What would you like them to do?

They are fucking do a ton as it is: Marketing, new stadium, reaching foreign markets, attracting huge names, getting WC coaches, growing youth, finding youth, developing youth, finding amazing market deals...what would you like them to do? :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

They are fucking do a ton as it is: Marketing, new stadium, reaching foreign markets, attracting huge names, getting WC coaches, growing youth, finding youth, developing youth, finding amazing market deals...what would you like them to do? :D
One simple thing. Keep the team together long enough for us to have a legitimate shot at winning the CL. No selling one star player per summer policy. Don't give in to player demands to be sold if they have an existing contract.

I'd also like us to explore new markets and establish soccer schools there, so young people grow up following the team and loving what we stand for. In order to do that, we also have to possess attractive/marketable players. No one is gonna grow up idolizing a Stu or Khedira.

We need to remain competitive in terms of offering salaries (obviously we can't keep up with the grotesque and obscene figures being offered by some of those disgusting nouveau riche clubs) but we should diversify outside of football/soccer to ensure other revenue and income streams.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
One simple thing. Keep the team together long enough for us to have a legitimate shot at winning the CL. No selling one star player per summer policy. Don't give in to player demands to be sold if they have an existing contract.
We had two "legitimate" shots at winning the CL and the players we "sold" (Vidal/Pogba/Tevez/Morata) weren't there to get us the victory, so I still think its a silly argument though I do understand it can be frustrating but I don't see how arguing over a hypothetical like that (if x player or y player was still here) can in any away definitively say we would have won. We had 2 chances. Our team WITH SAID SOLD PLAYERS choked when we needed them most. None of them, mind you, has one a CL yet or look like they are any closer with MAYBE the exception of Vidal.

We need to remain competitive in terms of offering salaries (obviously we can't keep up with the grotesque and obscene figures being offered by some of those disgusting nouveau riche clubs) but we should diversify outside of football/soccer to ensure other revenue and income streams.
If you haven't noticed which happens when you are a daily hater :)P) our salaries structure has been improving since we started this model. When you say diversify, you need to give some kind of example/solution instead of throwing around fancy sounding terms :D

I'd also like us to explore new markets and establish soccer schools there, so young people grow up following the team and loving what we stand for. In order to do that, we also have to possess attractive/marketable players. No one is gonna grow up idolizing a Stu or Khedira.
Asian markets is something we are working on. Also, relaunching a new brand style. Trezeguet is out there as our brand ambassador working on that. We basically have Eastern Europe on lock down because Nedved is basically a household name there.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

So. You basically want us to keep doing what we’re doing.
And we have an every summer “one star player ” selling police?

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

They are $#@!ing do a ton as it is: Marketing, new stadium, reaching foreign markets, attracting huge names, getting WC coaches, growing youth, finding youth, developing youth, finding amazing market deals...what would you like them to do? :D
Everything is great, running Juve like any business give us sustainability what it bothers me like hell is why we broke our own rules buying a 90m guy with zero resale value and really low marketing appeal so it would have a huge cost cuz you have to depreciate him to zero or deal with a high lose at the end of his contract

So here we are talking about the huge possibility of AS departure and after that Pogba-Pipa horrible deal (strictly since the business point of view, I don't wanna argue about the football) I can't help but think they are gonna do some nonsense shit again...

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Everything is great, running Juve like any business give us sustainability what it bothers me like hell is why we broke our own rules buying a 90m guy with zero resale value and really low marketing appeal so it would have a huge cost cuz you have to depreciate him to zero or deal with a high lose at the end of his contract

So here we are talking about the huge possibility of AS departure and after that Pogba-Pipa horrible deal (strictly since the business point of view, I don't wanna argue about the football) I can't help but think they are gonna do some nonsense shit again...
I don't think that will happen at all. They really believed the Higuain buy would take the club to next level. The confidence up to the CL final was something I hadn't seen since forever.

May 23, 2013
And? My link wasn't intended to refute your article, was it? Did I quote yours? The point being made is that the teams IN FRONT of us are out of reach at the moment and people are bitching like Juve has money trees growing at Vinovo but we don't want to spend the money.

If you think we have the current financial might to throw the stupid money at players like PSG, FCB, RM, MC, MU, BM....then this argument is pointless.

PSG and City pretty much have a blank check every year to write. You can pretend like we have a chance with them financially. Be my guest. Bayern, MU and the Spanish team have a business powerhouses rolling in money from either higher ticket prices, larger stadiums, world wide marketing brand name/merchandising sales or a mix of all of them. Juve crashed and had to rebuild and we are doing it strictly from a very stringent business model. We are growing and pretty quickly might I add but this stuff takes time. Its a good business model that has given us some pretty damn good results since it started. What is the problem? Winning? Because we seem to be pretty good at that lately all that is missing is one trophy.

- - - Updated - - -

When this Messi/Ronaldo era is over, you folks will be $#@!ing happy that we actually had a plan. Spoiled fans, geez.
thank you

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

When this Messi/Ronaldo era is over, you folks will be fucking happy that we actually had a plan. Spoiled fans, geez.
You posted it right after mine, and it has different numbers (where we are 10th behind Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal) so yeah, one could say your post disagrees with mine. Other than that, what you say here is true and most people probably know already. There is 6 financial power clubs out there but we are right behind in terms of wage bills (look how close we are in terms of average wage per player to Bayern, City and United).

One can definitely argue 18.5M net could be better used than on Costa, Higgy and Can.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
One can definitely argue 18.5M net could be better used than on Costa, Higgy and Can.
:agree: if you claim to operate on a tight budget then don't pay some of the clubs highest wages to mediocre players, or players who got chased out of the door after a disappointing season.

Inb4 "you are just hating on Costa"... Say whatever you want, but his salary (epspecially compared to other Juve players) is unreasonably high and not justified at all.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I'd also like us to explore new markets and establish soccer schools there, so young people grow up following the team and loving what we stand for. In order to do that, we also have to possess attractive/marketable players. No one is gonna grow up idolizing a Stu or Khedira
:tup:

Hard to disagree with you on this matter, that is why we have to keep hold of players like Dybala and AS, for example we lost a lot of our marketing potential once we decided to let go of players like Pogba, Tevez and even Vidal... tho as Hustini has pointed out, there is a great project in progress with Trezeguet on the Asian market, but in the same time nobody can deny the fact we need marketable players in order to grow in this aspect. Selling world-class/marketable players and replacing them with much inferior ones is obviously not the way forward imo...

We basically have Eastern Europe on lock down because Nedved is basically a household name there
wait... what? Eastern Europe is not a entity itself so that you can claim that a Czech Republic player automatically has fans in Romania or Ukraine as an example, we talking about totally different cultures,languages and even totally different 'household names' in most parts of Eastern Europe.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Hard to disagree with you on this matter, that is why we have to keep hold of players like Dybala and AS, for example we lost a lot of our marketing potential once we decided to let go of players like Pogba, Tevez and even Vidal... tho as Hustini has pointed out, there is a great project in progress with Trezeguet on the Asian market, but in the same time nobody can deny the fact we need marketable players in order to grow in this aspect. Selling world-class/marketable players and replacing them with much inferior ones is obviously not the way forward imo...

wait... what? Eastern Europe is not a entity itself so that you can claim that a Czech Republic player automatically has fans in Romania or Ukraine as an example, we talking about totally different cultures,languages and even totally different 'household names' in most parts of Eastern Europe.
Ok let me expand - Pjaca, pjanic, Mario, nedved...I think we are recognized in that section of Europe wouldn’t you agree?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

When this Messi/Ronaldo era is over, you folks will be $#@!ing happy that we actually had a plan. Spoiled fans, geez.
The thing is that many of those economic powerhouses managed to create hype just around their name, especially Manchester United. They made many see them as the biggest football club, just alone by marketing.

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich all been doing a excellent job there as well, but it takes time to reach those hights. Juve may not have the same financial power as those mentioned clubs and the likes of PSG and City, but youre model (along with Bayerns) are the sustainable imo. Also in Juventus like Bayern the team is the biggest player, not a single player. Offcourse both clubs have stars, but its more up to the team to create results and for that the clubs will always stand strong, even if a world class player leave.

Another thing that puts Juve a little back is the relative small stadium compared to the Man U, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern. I really like Juventus Stadium (or should i say Allianz :tuttosport:), its quite cool. But the average attendance is way lower than the other clubs because of its small size. Before Juve build it bigger I doubt the club will catch fully up with the others as having a really big stadium is one of the most important factors when it comes to turning into a economic powerhouse football wise.

Else youre management are doing a great job overall. The idea of selling the star players needs to stop though as you cant rebuild every year if you have ambitions winning the CL. Keep the star players you have (reject selling Pogba, Sandro and so on), then add with good players here and there. It was the key for us winning the treble in 2013, you simply need to hold on to youre best players.

As much as i dislike Uli he is a strong man in that sense, if he wants a player to stay, then there is no chance for him to leave. Just my two cents about it :tup:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Another thing that puts Juve a little back is the relative small stadium compared to the Man U, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern. I really like Juventus Stadium (or should i say Allianz :tuttosport:), its quite cool. But the average attendance is way lower than the other clubs because of its small size. Before Juve build it bigger I doubt the club will catch fully up with the others as having a really big stadium is one of the most important factors when it comes to turning into a economic powerhouse football wise.
This is a very valid point, our stadium size is good for the team as it's always packed and we have a good atmosphere, but it really sucks from supporters perspective, the tickets are both expensive and hard/impossible to get depending on the importance of games. It doesn't seem that there is an expansion option though, which sucks. This obviously has an effect on the clubs finances and image, we could easily raise our home attendance average if we had more seats available.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The thing is that many of those economic powerhouses managed to create hype just around their name, especially Manchester United. They made many see them as the biggest football club, just alone by marketing.

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich all been doing a excellent job there as well, but it takes time to reach those hights. Juve may not have the same financial power as those mentioned clubs and the likes of PSG and City, but youre model (along with Bayerns) are the sustainable imo. Also in Juventus like Bayern the team is the biggest player, not a single player. Offcourse both clubs have stars, but its more up to the team to create results and for that the clubs will always stand strong, even if a world class player leave.

Else youre management are doing a great job overall. The idea of selling the star players needs to stop though as you cant rebuild every year if you have ambitions winning the CL. Keep the star players you have (reject selling Pogba, Sandro and so on), then add with good players here and there. It was the key for us winning the treble in 2013, you simply need to hold on to youre best players.

As much as i dislike Uli he is a strong man in that sense, if he wants a player to stay, then there is no chance for him to leave. Just my two cents about it :tup:

I recall when the stadium was built it was built with the ability to expand I think another 15-20k of seats. Who knows but I think we will expand one day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)