Alex Sandro (33 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Why does everybody think this guy is gone? Did I miss something?

And yes, he had a pretty terrible start to the year - particularly by his standard - but he has definitely been better of late. Guy has basically had a poor 5 months, and now everybody seems to want to cash in on him, or throw him under the bus. Meanwhile, last year it was pretty much unanimous in footy pundit circles - and here, obviously - that this guy was a top 3 LB in world football.

This fucking faithless, disloyal, instant gratification sporting culture we live in... jebus. :D Wouldn't be surprised if there are some personal things that have run amok in his life, but I would bet that he fully rebounds from his struggles sooner rather than later.

Still love me some Alex Sandro. Will say that it's nice that Asa has stepped his game up, though (love that guy, too!).

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He was expected to renew his contract but he dint or he hasn't yet

Marotta recently stated that Sandro can leave if he wants to. Never said anything along the lines that we want to keep him.

Big hint right there.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
He was expected to renew his contract but he dint or he hasn't yet

Marotta recently stated that Sandro can leave if he wants to. Never said anything along the lines that we want to keep him.

Big hint right there.
The contract situation is what it is. I thought they were going to get him signed in September, but unfortunately that didn't happen. The guy is signed through 2019/20, and while I'm sure he would like a raise -- and certainly deserves one, based on last year's form -- he obviously he doesn't have as much leverage as he previously did. His camp might be waiting for a nice run of form to push the issue. They could also easily be waiting to talk about the contract situation until after the season, so he can focus on his job now, and then evaluate the situation at a later date. Maybe not, but that isn't at all unusual in professional sports.

As for Beppe's comments, they're not any different than what he's been saying since the end of last season. Marotta has always said that if Alex Sandro wants to leave, then Juve won't keep him against his will -- and that really goes for any player on the team, given that a reasonable offer is received. The ball has been in Alex Sandro's court this entire time, really.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We have to read in between the lines. Marotta isn't shielding him from a potential sale compared to when he is talking about the possibility of selling players like Dybala for example.
He almost left last year and the rumours are not dying down. We must have probably convinced him to stay another year before he gets his big move. Many top clubs are in the market for LB's.

If there was any intention to keep him, the contract extension would have happened by now. I don't think it's got anything to do with his form.

I think selling him in the summer will be just a mere formality.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
We don't need to convince him, he's under a contract. If he's really so miserable here then just sell his sorry ass. End of story.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
We survived Vidal and Pogba, we will be fine without him too.

"It's not like we don't sell important players every season"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:D Read between the lines if you want, but keep in mind that you're basically reading between the lines of perpetual BS media rumours. And what Beppe has said about Dybala is that it's Juventus' intention to build long term around him -- and he says that, because Paulo is our best player, and it appeases the fans. If Dybala actually wants out, I think they'd sell him for the right price.

You can't know that Juve have no intention of keeping Alex Sandro just because he hasn't signed a new deal -- he's still got 2 years left after this one on his current deal. Just because the media incessantly barks, doesn't mean the rumours are true. I also don't know how you figure that he almost left last year, just because Chelsea were willing to pay through the nose for him. I never heard Beppe say anything other than Juve wants to keep him and it's Alex Sandro's choice, and I never heard Alex Sandro say anything other than that he was happy at Juventus. Furthermore, while a lot of teams are looking for a LB, if Alex Sandro leaves we'll be looking for one too -- and we're already in the market for a RB!

Anyway, we'll see. It's not like I'd be shocked to see him leave, but I think there may be some personal stuff going on with him right now.

If he leaves, Juve will be fine, as Joker says. But unlike a lot of folks who seem to have given up on him, I hope he stays. Fuck the cash. One of my favourites, and an absolute colossus on his day.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
'If Dybala wants out'

Why would top players playing for a such a big club like Juventus ever want out ? I mean if we pay them enough, make ambitious signings, why would any top player think of leaving or 'wanting out' ?

Surely it's nothing to do with the fact that this is our business model or that we don't have the financial resources of elite teams ?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Our finances are growing but no way in hell we can keep up financially with oil money clubs, RM, Barca or ManU yet. Not even close.

If people are sour about that then maybe they need to switch clubs. Seems like it’s a hard pill to swallow for some that having healthy finances means sacrificing in order to continue growth.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Our finances are growing but no way in hell we can keep up financially with oil money clubs, RM, Barca or ManU yet. Not even close.

If people are sour about that then maybe they need to switch clubs. Seems like it’s a hard pill to swallow for some that having healthy finances means sacrificing in order to continue growth.
Was that aimed at me ?

Did you read my post in the other page while I was responding to Rollie ? You dint get the tone of this post ?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm all for having a rich owner who gives a shit about the club and invests money, if it ensures we remain competitive. I don't want us to become an Ajax or a feeder club for the next decade or two.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Gap getting bigger and bigger. And then people bitch and moan about why we can’t hold on to our “best” players. The wages on offer at some of those clubs are ridiculous.
15mil/season, 12mil/season.
I don't blame the board tbh

- - - Updated - - -

That used to be the fee for an average CM/SS

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We have to sell Dybala and use the money to buy an EPL 2nd division team and then loan them all our players and earn promotion to 1st division and then earn all that sweet, sweet money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)