Alex Sandro - LB - Porto (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He works in mysterious ways.

Too bad Zach was defending him before that we don't need a LB, but only a backup one since Evra will have another good season. Please note that this was when we were rumored to sign Siqueira, and that we are mental midgets for expecting more.

Oh, and he's a flair and fancy lolzillian too. :howler:
Well, we only got 1 true leftback. So we can do two great things.
Sign siqueira as a backup, and use money on an AM.
OR, we sign Sandro as a starter lb, dont purchase a more expensive am, and not sign an am at all, or someone relatively cheap.

Marotta tried the first option. Didnt seemb to find that opportunity, and then took option 2.

Its an excellent purchase.

Oh, and Sandro isnt quite a all "flair and fancy" player. He's hard tackler, excellent defender, but also good going forward.
When i say "flair and fancy", i'm referring to the small players that do silly technique all day with no endproduct, that tuz faps to. Sandro isnt quite that.

Reported for trolling btw. I've had it with you and cusp trolling and twisting words

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So Madrid did a mistake signing an excellent RB because an excellent LB was available?
Madrid will never spend money on two defenders in the same transferwindow.

SO its sandro, OR, danilo. And madrid can use balance. So yeah, they should have gotten sandro. Or got their shit togheter and got both

- - - Updated - - -

Both Real and City wanted him. He is also rumored to have rejected City's 4M wages per year. This wasn't that great of an opportunity. We simply paid the price for quality. That's how we got this player. It wasn't a stroke of a genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Me too. We were actually willing to pay the price for proven quality. Who would have known transfers could work this way for big clubs, huh?

@Hustini look at this guy allready downplaying Marotta's role in this deal, the nerve :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
it's not the value of sandro i'm talking about...it's the cheapness of our board via draxler/gotze etc.. we're splasing 20 mils just like that but for cam we didn't had money. interesting
Gotze didnt came, cause he didnt want to. Price was never the issue.

Draxler, held a risk and Marotta didnt want to pull 35mil on a player that could be injury prone. The deal with bonusses on playtime would be good, but schalke didnt want it. Seems like they dont believe in draxler themselves

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Thanks ,good insight. Just wondering how come he doesn't get call up for the Brazil NT , i really don't rate Marcelo or Luis Felipe much. Marcelo is a talent going forward but horrible defender, meanwhile Luis Felipe couldn't even crack Azpi, a RB at Chelsea. And even when Marcelo got injured for the Copa, Dunga instead calls for Geferson. Any thoughts on that? @PedroFlu can help maybe?
They didn't call Coutinho but did call Kaka, so you can have an idea of how NT is run these days. Brazilian football is absolutely adrift at the moment. Just hopeless. Wether a guy is called or not is irrelevant concerning his quality.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Don't start with this just because we are getting him. First Real have two excellent lbs. Secondly Danilo was for sure Porto's best player, let alone best fullback. Physically more of a monster then Sandro, and offensively superior, Danilo scored and decided games in general for them. I prefer Sandro, but he really isn't better.
Madrid needs balance. They need the defensively best of the two, wich is clearly Sandro.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Wonder why in the world aren't City and Chelsea coming with a 20M pound offer for this guy.

Dealing with Porto is hard, they may raise the value from one day to another. City still may come calling. Let's wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)