Alex Sandro - LB - Porto (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I've never seen him play before, but for that reported sum, I'd expect a world class full back. Roberto Carlos, Maicon, Cafu... etc

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #807
    I better not wake up tomorrow and read Man. Shitty made a last minute deal that fucked us up in the ass. You hear me GDM? I will go nuts!!! Now Beppe send them faxes FFS!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    u expect me to believe u fully watched all 10 of porto's CL matches?
    8 off them

From the group stages i watched juventus game one day, and porto the other. I missed one game that was on a tuesday, dont recall wich one but they won it.
    From the knockouts i watched both bayern games , and the first game versus basel, again, the return was on a tuesday.

I got interested in the Portugese league, after doing 8 leagues in FM2015 with Sousense :)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I've never seen him play before, but for that reported sum, I'd expect a world class full back. Roberto Carlos, Maicon, Cafu... etc
    Why are fullbacks so criminally undervalued by people these days ?

20 mil for a fullback "demands world class", but if its any other position, its "filler"

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Why are fullbacks so criminally undervalued by people these days ?

20 mil for a fullback "demands world class", but if its any other position, its "filler"
    Because historically fullbacks were always and still are much cheaper than say midfielders or forwards of the same caliber.

I've seen a show on BeIN once where a lot of respected footballers, coaches and pundits voted on the least important role on the pitch. Guess what, it was fullback.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Because historically fullbacks were always and still are much cheaper than say midfielders or forwards of the same caliber.

I've seen a show on BeIN once where a lot of respected footballers, coaches and pundits voted on the least important role on the pitch. Guess what, it was fullback.
    In 2001, Thuram cost 40mil and was considered a rightback at the time.

Defenders in general are lower value'd. And plenty of teams that value good defenders, get them from within the league. Nowadays good fullbacks are extremely rare. If they are remotely good at going forward, they cant defend like shit.

Meanwhile, when we look back at Maldini's days, we saw several fullbacks in serie a alone, that had technique and tricks one only associates with creative players these days, but beeing hard as balls in defence.

Madrid made a mistake. While both Danilo and Sandro are excellent players, i'd prefer Sandro.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    In 2001, Thuram cost 40mil and was considered a rightback at the time.

Defenders in general are lower value'd. And plenty of teams that value good defenders, get them from within the league. Nowadays good fullbacks are extremely rare. If they are remotely good at going forward, they cant defend like $#@!.

Meanwhile, when we look back at Maldini's days, we saw several fullbacks in serie a alone, that had technique and tricks one only associates with creative players these days, but beeing hard as balls in defence.

Madrid made a mistake. While both Danilo and Sandro are excellent players, i'd prefer Sandro.
    Thuram was WORLD CLASS and could also play as a centerback which is always a plus. Definitely deserved a big sum of money, even though 40m was excessive and only the result of too much cash after the Zidane sale.

My point is, if this Sandro dude has the potential to be world class, then it's an excellent deal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)