Alessio Secco (11 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Dream on. He's probably trying to lull us into a false sense of security, only to hit us later with a megaton announcement :D
hence the IS in my statement is the fundamental word.. The very many doubts I have about Secco have not diminished but it'd be very nice to see him become a bit more competent

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I Don't See A Dominant Inter - Secco

Juventus transfer manager Alessio Secco doesn't think Inter will continue dominating Italian football in the years to come like Juve did before.

It's no news that the rivalry between Inter and Juventus is among the most bitter and hostile in football. At different periods in history both of them have been at the top of Italian football.

For a long time it was Juve, but now it's Inter who seem to be in command of Serie A, thanks to a big, strong squad which has allowed the team to play a couple of extraordinary league seasons. Of course, this shift in power has been mostly due to the infamous 2006 Serie A scandal known as 'Calciopoli'.

Someone who doesn't quite see Inter ruling the roost in Italian football over the next couple of years is Alessio Secco, general manager of the Bianconeri. In an interview he talked about how he sees the next league season and did not have many kind words for Massimo Moratti's team.

"Inter will probably win the Scudetto," Secco said, "but they still have to finish off a strong Roma side. Since football isn't mathematics I don't see Inter continuing to be the undisputed leaders in the future.

"Moratti will continue buying big name players? Yes, I think so. Also because Inter still have to show they can do well in the Champions League."

goal.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
another transfer fuck-up (Flamini) by Secco...why haven't they fired his ass yet? I say enough is enough!
Even if we don't get Flamini i won't blame our directors at all for this.
The wages Milan are offering him are higher than what all of our players, apart from Buffon and Trez, are earning.

We're inferior financially to Berlusconi. With the wages Milan are giving to him he'll be earning as much as Dida, Ronaldo, Kaladze or Inzaghi.
If we give him the same wages he'll be earning more than Camoranesi or Del Piero.

Arsenal made him the player he is and he wants to leave them for more money. They offer him new increased wages and he's rejecting them. We offer him more money than Arsenal, he's a Juventino since childhood apparently and yet he choses the highest offer, Milan's offer.
It's crystal clear that this guy (as almost all the football players) is after the money.
And in this battle we can't fight against Milan.

Really, what would you have done about this deal if you were in Secco's place ?
Would you have offered to someone like Flamini more than 4 million euro per year ?
Unfortunately, we have a strict balance because the Elkanns are strict about financing our team and because we are quoted at the stock exchange, which means we must administrate the club by strict standards and can't break the wage roof.
And on top of it, even if we pay 4 million euro for Flamini (the same amount Milan are offering) then it may cause a domino effect. All our players will ask for higher wages because why should Camoranesi accept 3 millions when some guy like Flamini, who obviously isn't a better player than Camo, earns much more ? Why should Sissoko and Chiellini accept twice less than what Juve will pay to Flamini ?
We'll have a problem inside the locker room and that certainly isn't what we want.
To please the players we'll have no other choice but to give increased wages to Del Piero, Camo, Chiellini etc, and that means we'll have much less money for transfers.

It's much more simple for Milan. Berlusconi is always there to invest the money and their wage policy is simple. Kaka earns more than the other stars while the other stars all earn the same ammount, 4 million euro a year.

You see why this is so complicated ?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
The wages Milan are offering him are higher than what all of our players, apart from Buffon and Trez, are earning.

We're inferior financially to Berlusconi. With the wages Milan are giving to him he'll be earning as much as Dida, Ronaldo, Kaladze or Inzaghi.
If we give him the same wages he'll be earning more than Camoranesi or Del Piero.

Arsenal made him the player he is and he wants to leave them for more money. They offer him new increased wages and he's rejecting them. We offer him more money than Arsenal, he's a Juventino since childhood apparently and yet he choses the highest offer, Milan's offer.
It's crystal clear that this guy (as almost all the football players) is after the money.

Would you have offered to someone like Flamini more than 4 million euro per year ?
Unfortunately, we have a strict balance because the Elkanns are strict about financing our team and because we are quoted at the stock exchange, which means we must administrate the club by strict standards and can't break the wage roof.
And on top of it, even if we pay 4 million euro for Flamini (the same amount Milan are offering) then it may cause a domino effect. All our players will ask for higher wages because why should Camoranesi accept 3 millions when some guy like Flamini, who obviously isn't a better player than Camo, earns much more ? Why should Sissoko and Chiellini accept twice less than what Juve will pay to Flamini ?
We'll have a problem inside the locker room and that certainly isn't what we want.
To please the players we'll have no other choice but to give increased wages to Del Piero, Camo, Chiellini etc, and that means we'll have much less money for transfers.

It's much more simple for Milan. Berlusconi is always there to invest the money and their wage policy is simple. Kaka earns more than the other stars while the other stars all earn the same ammount, 4 million euro a year.

save your breath.

I love you :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

And its much the same for every transfer deal.

Too many folk just decide the club should sign whatever player and think that it should be straight forward without considering just how difficult it is to sign any top class player, even a free one so that the club doesn't have to be dealt with.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And its much the same for every transfer deal.

Too many folk just decide the club should sign whatever player and think that it should be straight forward without considering just how difficult it is to sign any top class player, even a free one so that the club doesn't have to be dealt with.
Another thing they forget is that this isn't the same Juve from before Calciopoli.
We are not among the 5 richest teams in the world anymore. Few days ago i saw one list where we weren't even among the richest 10 teams in the world, with some 6 or 7 english teams having more money than us, with Milan, Inter, Barcelona, Bayern and Real all way above us.

Financially we can compete with teams like Real as much as teams like Lazio or Udinese can compete with us. That's the reality.
Hopefully everything will be the same as it was before 2006, but it takes time and patience.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The allure of Flamini who is decent and useful DM (who is having is first good season, for those overhyping) is that he is available on FREE transfer. He isnt the kind of quality that is a must or proven. Not the kind that warrants 4m salary by any stretch (isnt a French NT player, let alone NT starter).

I applaude Secco if we dont get him for that high salary. Plus he could be useful, but DM isnt vital priority for us (type of Moutinho is, CM who is balanced and do both) and hence its understandable why wouldnt be too desperate to pay double of what Arsenal are offering. 4m is too much. Good player, but too much. Says a thing about Milan if they are so willing to pay that. Doesnt show they are so rich even its a big salary, but that they are signing him because he is free. There is top DMs around like Toulalan and such would be more of an upgrade, but that would entail they have to fork up 20m or so. But Flamini is easier, even if big salary which they are too careless with (they hand out big salaries too easily, likes of Kaladze get 4m, and all of their deadbeat players Serginho, Cafu, Dida, are on huge salaries. Its their whole issue, carelessly big salaries for average or done players).

I wouldnt be suprised if we get Flamini still (my advice to him is stay put in where he functions well, I dont trust his abilities enough to work aswell elsewhere), dont think we would have much issue getting him over Milan if we are persistent (CL). But hopefully its not for 4m salary. We should applaude and descredit Secco if he is savvy enough to not overvalue.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Another thing they forget is that this isn't the same Juve from before Calciopoli.
We are not among the 5 richest teams in the world anymore. Few days ago i saw one list where we weren't even among the richest 10 teams in the world, with some 6 or 7 english teams having more money than us, with Milan, Inter, Barcelona, Bayern and Real all way above us.

Financially we can compete with teams like Real as much as teams like Lazio or Udinese can compete with us. That's the reality.
Hopefully everything will be the same as it was before 2006, but it takes time and patience.

Yup.

Juventus not being all poweful is a rude shock to many folk.

I'm sure they'll choose to blame the Board rather than face up to facts.

Jun 13, 2007
Indeed 4 mill salary is too much. I wouldn't pay more than 3 million.

I think the reason Milan are willing to splash loads of money on this transfer is because of two reasons, one that is to do with football, the other, finances.

1-They want a DM, Brocchi and Emerson aren't good enough. They are probably going to sell Gatusso so they more or less are desperate for a player like Flamini and are willing to pay Arsenal lots of money for him.

2- He is free. Let's say he wasn't. Knowing Milan, they would be willing to pay well over 15 million euros for him. Him being free makes room for a higher salary so instead of the paying the 15 million to Arsenal, they would just add it to Flamini's salary which is quite clever considering they are in dire need of world class midfielder.

Here's how things would be if Flamini wasn't for free.
Milan--------------->15M Arsenal. Flamini's salary:3 M a year.

Since he is for free.
Milan---------------->0M Arsneal Flamini 4 M per year.
In the long run, it's not a very bad deal for Milan.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I doubt the interest would be as strong if he wasnt free, or that sure they would pay well over 15m. they have needed upgrades for a while but has been stingy as heck for years, and made bargain deals. They floss out on salaries, but not transfer fees.

Jun 13, 2007
I doubt the interest would be as strong if he wasnt free, or that sure they would pay well over 15m. they have needed upgrades for a while but has been stingy as heck for years, and made bargain deals. They floss out on salaries, but not transfer fees.
They haven't made too many transfers recently because they had won the C.L and thought they had a perfect squad. Now that they realized their squad is ageing, they would definetely be willing to spend a lot more money.

I think they would have been willing to pay Arsenal that amount. In recent yars they have been cheap, which would mean they are pretty damn rich now. If they don't qualify for the C.L, expect some kind of Bayer like revolution where they would just go crazy in the transfer market. Bayer, like Milan was never a team that would spend too much money in the transfer market, but suddenly spent 31M for Ribery and 11M for Toni, Milan will probably do the same.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
They haven't made too many transfers recently because they had won the C.L and thought they had a perfect squad. Now that they realized their squad is ageing, they would definetely be willing to spend a lot more money.

I think they would have been willing to pay Arsenal that amount. In recent yars they have been cheap, which would mean they are pretty damn rich now. If they don't qualify for the C.L, expect some kind of Bayer like revolution where they would just go crazy in the transfer market. Bayer, like Milan was never a team that would spend too much money in the transfer market, but suddenly spent 31M for Ribery and 11M for Toni, Milan will probably do the same.
Nah i don't think so, there is perhaps a real financial problem with milan (i don't know that as a fact) but there is certainly something...U can't keep players that r 35-39 years old in u're team and extend their contracts every year just because u believe in them :gsol: ....

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Nah i don't think so, there is perhaps a real financial problem with milan (i don't know that as a fact) but there is certainly something...U can't keep players that r 35-39 years old in u're team and extend their contracts every year just because u believe in them :gsol: ....
When one of those oldies is Maldini, im pretty sure its best u keep him :p

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
sooner or later they will have to spend big, real big because quality players need quality replacements, especially in defense cos a blind man could see it's aging.. Which is why i fear we wont get Zapata

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
sooner or later they will have to spend big, real big because quality players need quality replacements, especially in defense cos a blind man could see it's aging.. Which is why i fear we wont get Zapata
it's not just Zapata we should be worrying about Milan stealing from us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)