Alessio Secco (2 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Secco: 'Juve were close to Cassano’[/FONT]
Friday 10 September, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juventus’ former director of sport Alessio Secco claims he was very close to signing Antonio Cassano for the Turin giants.

Secco was released this summer after a much-maligned period in charge of Juventus’ recruitment strategy.

Interviewed in Il Corriere dello Sport, Secco was asked about the ones that got away.

“I would say we were very close [to Cassano]. But there was more than one objection inside the club at the decisive moment referring to doubts on Cassano’s change in character.

“I was certain that he had understood his mistakes. It didn’t make any difference. I still have a great relationship with Antonio.

“Juventus would do well to sign a player like Cassano. I don’t know if they will do it, but he is a top player worthy of Juve, Inter and Milan.

“Cassano is another player and another man not just today but for two years. This is fortunate for him and for Italian football, and that’s coming from someone who practically signed him for Juve two years ago.”
[/FONT]

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,313
    IMG Names Alessio Secco as a Football Consultant

IMG Worldwide, the global sports and media company, announced today that Italian football personality Alessio Secco has joined the company as a consultant.
    In his new capacity, Secco, 40, will work to develop an IMG Football Division in Italy. He will also work with IMG's existing football clients in Italy, particularly Momo Sissoko of the Juventus Football Club and Maxi Lopez of Calcio Catania.

Secco spent 13 years with the famed Serie A giant Juventus. He started his career with the club in 1997 as press attaché before being named team manager in 2000. He was then promoted to sports director in 2006. The Tourin born Secco resigned his position in June of this year.

"I am very pleased and proud to be an IMG consultant on the Italian Football market. It was not easy to decide about my professional future after 13 years working for Juventus Football Club, but the high professional level of people working for IMG and the great opportunity of exchanging experiences with them, led me to the choice to join IMG. I am sure that this collaboration will satisfy both parts," said Secco.

"We are very pleased to have a sports executive of Alessio Secco's experience and professionalism working with us," said Fernando Soler, Senior Vice President of IMG, to whom Secco will report. "Over his years with Juventus, Alessio has developed outstanding contacts within the football industry which we expect to be very helpful as we expand our business in Italy."

IMG is the only global sports group to offer services across the complete spectrum of the football industry, representing brands, leagues, national teams and players. Current clients include FIFA, UEFA, the English Premier League, the English Football Association, and Manchester City. In addition, IMG manages the international media rights for top leagues and federations, is a leading producer of televised football, is a leader in the business of football stadia and works with premier marketers in the football space.

IMG represents over 200 footballers across all of the top football leagues including Kun Arguero of Atletico de Madrid, Maxi Rodriguez of Liverpool, Gerard Pique of FC Barcelona, Leo Ponzio and Ander Herrera of Zaragoza, Cesar of Valencia, Andres Palop and Julien Escude of Sevilla, Pablo Ibanez of WBA, among many others.

About IMG
    IMG Worldwide is a global sports, entertainment and media business, with nearly 3,000 employees operating in 30 countries around the globe. IMG's areas of expertise are diverse and wide ranging: IMG College is the leader in collegiate marketing, licensing and media rights. IMG's Joint Ventures, IMG Reliance and IMG CCTV, in the emerging markets of India and China, offer the company significant long-term growth opportunities. IMG Media is the world's largest independent producer and distributor of sports programming. IMG Events and Federations owns and manages some of the most sought after events and includes long standing associations with the world's most important sports organizations, leagues, and federations. IMG Fashion owns and operates fashion events around the world and IMG Models represents the world's top models and leading designers. IMG Art+Commerce represents the most influential photographers, art directors and stylists. For the past 50 years IMG Clients has been the global leader in talent representation, including over 1,000 elite athletes, coaches, industry executives and prestigious sports organizations across the sports, entertainment, fashion and media industries. IMG Academies is the world's largest and most advanced multi-sport training and educational facility delivering sports training experiences to more than 12,000 dedicated athletes from approximately 80 countries every year. IMG Consulting connects many of the world's leading brands with consumers through access to unique sports and entertainment properties. IMG Licensing is considered one of the premier independent licensing companies in the sports, entertainment and media world. More information is available at www.imgworld.com

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/IMG-Names-Alessio-Secco-as-a-Football-Consultant-1369079.htm

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    Remember when the fans called Poulsen "A shit player" or something along these lines before his acquisition became official? Now we get Flore Flores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)