Alessandro Matri (20 Viewers)

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
? :)

Name me one striker after Trez (2009-2010) that had better positioning than Matri, not finishing but positioning? The guy was always in chances plus he was great when avoiding offside was the case, but his skills with the ball which are none made him so useless for us and our style of play. In another system Matri would have been good sub.

After Trez I meant after 2009-2010, I guess I wrote wrong. After all English is not my native language :)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
? :)

Name me one striker after Trez (2009-2010) that had better positioning than Matri, not finishing but positioning? The guy was always in chances plus he was great when avoiding offside was the case, but his skills with the ball which are none made him so useless for us and our style of play. In another system Matri would have been good sub.

After Trez I meant after 2009-2010, I guess I wrote wrong. After all English is not my native language :)
:tup: That definitely makes more sense. Although, I'd argue that both Tevez and Morata have a better positional sense than Matri.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Matri's runs were actually fantastic at times, positioning too

But he didn't have the skill to match it and was waaay too inconsistent of a finisher to justify his lack of good link up play and hold up play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)