Alessandro Matri (15 Viewers)

Quaglia18

May 8, 2012
Nah.. Not matri.. We got a $#@!load of cash for him and bought tevez with it.. Best transfer in years.. And now he is back to play for us again :lol:

Quag for 3,5m or so was a $#@!ty transfer.. But it was his time to go (jacket whisperer)
Obviously not if it affected the Tevez scenario, but any of the three would have been better back ups than Giovinco, especially Vucinic imo, could still have been an important figure for us

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think he will be more useful than Llorente
I think that maybe they should have tried to get someone to be able to give Tevez a break every now and then.

The problem with Matri is that he is more similar to Llorente than Morata.

Zaza would have made more sense, as he is certainly more mobile than either of the aforementioned strikers, with the exception of Morata.

But hey, Federica will be back in the stands, so I guess that's not a bad thing.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think that maybe they should have tried to get someone to be able to give Tevez a break every now and then.

The problem with Matri is that he is more similar to Llorente than Morata.

Zaza would have made more sense, as he is certainly more mobile than either of the aforementioned strikers, with the exception of
But hey, Federica will be back in the stands, so I guess that's not a bad thing.
i think Zaza will come in summer. No reason to interrupt his progress there to be 4th or 5th fiddle.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Well Matri was not good enough to be a starter for us, but now after all this time it turns out that his supposed replacement is even worse and can barely control or even pass a fucking football. So yeah, it's all about perspective here. Matri in 2013 as a starter = not good. Matri getting sold for 12M = Good

Matri as a rotation option for 6 months for FREE plus minor wages because Llorente is shit = Good.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Weird? This is beyond mind fucking. I remember very clearly how hateful towards Matri - because of his inefficiency to do his job as a striker - most people here were, now they're the same ones actually... Celebrating?! :lol: Football fans are the most retarded people on the planet.
What I find odd is the attachment that people have to certain players who are lumped into this Quagliarella/Matri type of player, where they are average to slightly above average, are widely ridiculed by the general populace, then as time goes on those same people develop a fondness for them. To the point where the legacy of what they accomplished is outweighed by what actually happened.

Sometimes the memory is detached from the reality. And that's fine, because it happens all the time. Everyone has their favorites, and for those that really like Matri, I'm glad that they got their player back, but let's not get it twisted, and let's have a sense of realism injected into this. I think most of us can agree that Baggio was a legendary player in his day, but I still find myself susceptible to delusions of him being able to walk on water whenever he felt like it.

He's a 5th choice striker, who to me isn't even the type of forward that they need. In all honesty, although I'm not a big fan of his, but Zaza would have made more sense.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Well Matri was not good enough to be a starter for us, but now after all this time it turns out that his supposed replacement is even worse and can barely control or even pass a fucking football. So yeah, it's all about perspective here. Matri in 2013 as a starter = not good. Matri getting sold for 12M = Good

Matri as a rotation option for 6 months for FREE plus minor wages because Llorente is shit = Good.
His replacement is nowhere worse, he was actually a fine finisher. He just hasn't and probably won't adapt to Allegri's system.

Which brings the question, what's the guarantee Matri will since they have some similarities in style and role?

Talk about perspective.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i think Zaza will come in summer. No reason to interrupt his progress there to be 4th or 5th fiddle.
He wouldn't have been. I think he would have been the first striker off the bench, or if the matchup suited Allegri, starting alongside Tevez.

Juve wouldn't spend that kind of money for a 5th choice striker. Zaza coming would have meant the end of Llorente as even a rotational player.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Zaza would have made more sense, but Zaza would have cost us 15M, Zaza wanted to stay and develop, Sassuolo wanted to keep him etc etc. So it's a case of one deal making more 'football' sense but being 20x more difficult to achieve.

Jul 20, 2012
What I find odd is the attachment that people have to certain players who are lumped into this Quagliarella/Matri type of player, where they are average to slightly above average, are widely ridiculed by the general populace, then as time goes on those same people develop a fondness for them. To the point where the legacy of what they accomplished is outweighed by what actually happened.

Sometimes the memory is detached from the reality. And that's fine, because it happens all the time. Everyone has their favorites, and for those that really like Matri, I'm glad that they got their player back, but let's not get it twisted, and let's have a sense of realism injected into this. I think most of us can agree that Baggio was a legendary player in his day, but I still find myself susceptible to delusions of him being able to walk on water whenever he felt like it.

He's a 5th choice striker, who to me isn't even the type of forward that they need. In all honesty, although I'm not a big fan of his, but Zaza would have made more sense.
Like you said everyone will have a love relationship for a mediocre player, but i dont know why people are making it sound like we are praising Matri to a level that he isn't at. I agree with your point, but FORZA MATRI. :matri:

- - - Updated - - -

Lolrente to become our fifth choice?
:xfinger:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He wouldn't have been. I think he would have been the first striker off the bench, or if the matchup suited Allegri, starting alongside Tevez.

Juve wouldn't spend that kind of money for a 5th choice striker. Zaza coming would have meant the end of Llorente as even a rotational player.
Good point :tup:
Maybe they have a relationship with Sass and our youth who knows

Jul 20, 2012
His replacement is nowhere worse, he was actually a fine finisher. He just hasn't and probably won't adapt to Allegri's system.

Which brings the question, what's the guarantee Matri will since they have some similarities in style and role?

Talk about perspective.
What are the similarities between Matri and Llorente? That they both can't control a ball? Besides that Matri offers some pace, better positioning, and makes runs that Llorente would never make. Llorente is much more of a target man than Matri. Not taking anything away from Llorente but he isn't doing anything this season, so until then Morata should start. Matri would be a nice alternative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)