Alessandro Matri (80 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It's not, because he's been good for us ever since he signed. His overall stats prove it (closing in on 1 goal per 2 games).

He's had the toughest time of all of our strikers, because Conte - for some time - has showed undeservingly little faith in him. But when you play him, consistently, he will supply the goals. The stats show it.

Then there's all the other stuff he does for the team. He's been a great team player for us ever since he joined.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Probably the best period of his career. Don't expect it to last long.
Definitely. He's being very important now, as he was during the first stage of last season.

But IMO he's average. Plain mediocre. You just can't count on him to deliver, you never know what is going to happen.

So I hope he continues to play well, help us, increase his value and that Juve may get around 14M for him in the end of the season.

Jul 20, 2012
Matri not only provides the runs and dragging the defenders away from play but he also will try to go back and defend. He isnt a Cavani, but he does an effective job. Also his first touches have improved so much. Matri was never gone he was just never given the time to show that he is good

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Matri also has played 4383 minutes for us between Serie A, Coppa, Supercoppa, and UCL, with 26 goals and 7 assists. That means a goal every 168.6 minutes played. That's not bad at all for having paid 15.5 million euros.

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
Matri not only provides the runs and dragging the defenders away from play but he also will try to go back and defend. He isnt a Cavani, but he does an effective job. Also his first touches have improved so much. Matri was never gone he was just never given the time to show that he is good
You got to be kidding. He was gone since march 2012 (really teribble to end of 2011/12 season) and he couldn't except to give him a lot time to recover his form this season. And when he come from the bench, he didn't show anything. Don't make so many excuses for him. I am not fan of him, and I can objectively say that Matri was gone, his form was just awful, but now thanks to hard work his form improve much.

Jul 20, 2012
You got to be kidding. He was gone since march 2012 (really teribble to end of 2011/12 season) and he couldn't except to give him a lot time to recover his form this season. And when he come from the bench, he didn't show anything. Don't make so many excuses for him. I am not fan of him, and I can objectively say that Matri was gone, his form was just awful, but now thanks to hard work his form improve much.
If he was gone then he would have continued to be in the horrible form. You have to be kidding me

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He is an average player with occasional good games. His best 5 game run so far is what should be expected of a half decent juventus striker. We are praising him for not being bloody awful like we are used to from him rather than for putting in world class performances. It seems that lots of people here forgot how real quality strikers perform week in week out let alone on their best 5 game streak of their careers.
I hope he maintains that level for a few more weeks but we should never consider him as a reliable first team player. Sell or Sub.

Jul 20, 2012
He is an average player with occasional good games. His best 5 game run so far is what should be expected of a half decent juventus striker. We are praising him for not being bloody awful like we are used to from him rather than for putting in world class performances. It seems that lots of people here forgot how real quality strikers perform week in week out let alone on their best 5 game streak of their careers.
I hope he maintains that level for a few more weeks but we should never consider him as a reliable first team player. Sell or Sub.
Until Marrotta can get his hands on a top striker we need players like Matri to preform

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)