Alessandro Matri (80 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Benching him for Giovinco against Chelsea would be a stupid move.
Chelsea? I thought we knocked them out already?

I agree with you though. Vuci, Giomidget is such a terrible combo up front. No real finisher there. And overpowered too easy by physical D. I like Vuci-Matri best, followed by Gio-Matri for striker tandems. Now that Matri has refound his confidence he links up play so well with both of these two. His off-ball movement is sublime.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Was good today and scored a good goal.

The team is always better off with him playing than with Giovinco.
That's exactly it. He helps out the team a lot more, and I just love him for that. So happy to see him scoring consistently again, too. In my opinion, our "down period" (in terms of overall play) started right before christmas. We simply weren't good against Cagliari away. We were trailing 1-0 for 80 minutes, and then he popped up and scored a brace to give us the win. After the christmas break, he has scored in vital wins against Chievo and Fiorentina, and he also got on the scoresheet against Udinese.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Streches the defences with his running, really helps us breathe and create. Neither Quags nor Gio run like this guy.
Quags has those moments of brilliant individual play that make you go "WOW"... But his interplay with our other strikers is so terrible that if he isn't scoring it ruins our attack completely. Can't wait till he's gone.

Gio. Poor form right now. But he does link well with Matri.

Vuci-Matri is best by far though. They link up amazingly together, Vuci on ball, Matri off ball. I wonder how things would be right now, if Conte hadn't benched him for Borriello last season so often, and then hardly played him to start this one... Likely wouldn't have lost his confidence, would have finished with 15+ goals last year, and would be at 10-15 this year.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
That's exactly it. He helps out the team a lot more, and I just love him for that. So happy to see him scoring consistently again, too. In my opinion, our "down period" (in terms of overall play) started right before christmas. We simply weren't good against Cagliari away. We were trailing 1-0 for 80 minutes, and then he popped up and scored a brace to give us the win. After the christmas break, he has scored in vital wins against Chievo and Fiorentina, and he also got on the scoresheet against Udinese.
He runs a lot and helps his friends :lol:

Nah but you're right. With Matri whether he scores or not, we always look much better and dangerous upfront. With the garden gnome playing we lose our attacking impetus because all he does is run straight into defenders.

Oct 23, 2011
Chelsea? I thought we knocked them out already?

I agree with you though. Vuci, Giomidget is such a terrible combo up front. No real finisher there. And overpowered too easy by physical D. I like Vuci-Matri best, followed by Gio-Matri for striker tandems. Now that Matri has refound his confidence he links up play so well with both of these two. His off-ball movement is sublime.
Hehe, how did i wrote down Chelsea. I meant Celtic of course ;)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Didn't even play the full 90 in most of those. Play him all the time and he'll guarantee you at least 15 goals per season. I even think he could score more.

And yeah, his influence on the team overall is well documented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)