Alessandro Birindelli (4 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Has Juventus been built on players like Birindelli??
ofcourse not but those players give some advantage and imo were a huge part of the club's success.
Its cause those kind of players that show more heart,passion, that gave us an advantage over our rivals.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
ofcourse not but those players give some advantage and imo were a huge part of the club's success.
Its cause those kind of players that show more heart,passion, that gave us an advantage over our rivals.
I´m sorry, but this is laughable. Birindelli was a huge part of Juve´s success??!!!! Yeah, right....whatever, this is not a place for me where people claim Birindelli was decisive for us, he wasn´t even a starter in his best days, he was just a simple squad player.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I´m sorry, but this is laughable. Birindelli was a huge part of Juve´s success??!!!! Yeah, right....whatever, this is not a place for me where people claim Birindelli was decisive for us, he wasn´t even a starter in his best days, he was just a simple squad player.
Am not saying Biri by himself, look at the bigger picture mark. Am talking about birindelli and players like him.Squad players that performed consistently to the team and thats important to the team that you have dependable players in the team.

Most of them added something to the team and were part of the blocks that built successes.
Not individually mybe(although some of them had their moments of glory) but you would see them as important parts of the team.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Am not saying Biri by himself, look at the bigger picture mark. Am talking about birindelli and players like him.Squad players that performed consistently to the team and thats important to the team that you have dependable players in the team.

Most of them added something to the team and were part of the blocks that built successes.
Not individually mybe(although some of them had their moments of glory) but you would see them as important parts of the team.
I get your point, but here I am talking ONLY about Birindelli. And Birindelli defo does not belong in that category.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What's with all this hate towards Birindelli? Some of you are really questioning If Birindelli deserves a thread or not? The man has been a good loyal player and served us through all this year, and you wonder why there's a thread about him?

Birindelli deserves a thread much more than Trezeguet or Camoranesi.

The likes of Birindelli, Pessotto and Tacchinardi do deserve much more than this.

Anyway, about Birindelli as a player....sure he's no where like Biri under Lippi, during that era, he was just what a team needs, speedy legs, tough in defence... I think he's a good sub and I'm happy that he's welling to stay with us even though as a bench player.

Forza Biri.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Nobody is saying he doesn´t deserve a thread or respect, but he doesn´t deserve to be mentioned as one of Juve legends or one of Juve key players cause he never was that.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Nobody is saying he doesn´t deserve a thread or respect, but he doesn´t deserve to be mentioned as one of Juve legends or one of Juve key players cause he never was that.
He has always been a key player under Lippi. Hell, I even remmber several games we won in Champions League and Serie A thanks to him. (Forget the Deportivo one), I can still name you many other games were he had an impact on the pitch.

He has won several trophies under one of the best managers football ever brought (Lippi) and to be a starter under Lippi for soo many years is an achievment by itself.

I think the majority of Juventus fans consider him as a legend. It's a fact.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Hmm... I dug up his stats and I can agree with you that he was important in firts 2-3 sasons, but after that he struggled to earn his place in first 11 and was used more as a rotational player for filling the RB position who often even warmed the bench.

1997/98 Juventus A 29 -

1998/99 Juventus A 24 1

1999/00 Juventus A 22 -

2000/01 Juventus A 19 -

2001/02 Juventus A 10 -

2002/03 Juventus A 17 -

2003/04 Juventus A 19 -

2004/05 Juventus A 12 -

2005/06 Juventus A - -

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
He didn't struggle to earn place under Lippi, he was injured too many times. Just like Ale.
Well, that´s what I am saying, his injuries affected his career more than Ale´s (Alex is a God comparing to Birindelli), and that is the reason he was never consistant enough to be a key part of Juventus squad. Surely, you don´t think a player who has an average of 17-18 appearances per season is considered as a key player.

Anyway, this is not a really important discussion, some fans consider him a legend, some don´t, but he defo deserves his own thread. That´s it. :)

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
No comment about biri. I respect him a lot for what he's done to the club. Very calm. and as azzuri7 said u need this kind of players in your team. I'll be pleased to see more players become loyal to the team like biri.

Vidocq

Sep 9, 2006
Also he had a good part in motivating these young players to play serie B.. If someone don't love him he can go and kiss his ass and let us who respect him to continue doing that.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
he was starter in the 02-03 season

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Also he had a good part in motivating these young players to play serie B.. If someone don't love him he can go and kiss his ass and let us who respect him to continue doing that.
You´re a class poster.....

NOT! :blah:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)