Alberto Gilardino - Genoa - ST (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If Quag wanted to leave, he would've said so before and we could've gotten rid of him while keeping Matri. I don't buy it.
Matri brought in more money than Quag could. Make money out of selling Matri and Quag while getting rid of their wages and bring in Gilardino on the cheap and we would have made a lot of money.

Matri 12m + Quag around 7-8m makes us about 20m. Also getting rid of their salaries which were about 5m combined. Gilardino will probably arrive on loan and his salary is less than 2m.
Let it go, he's a fanboy, there is no way you can reason with him.
I am not a Gilardino fanboy, it was all for the lulz. I just like the signing as a 5th choice.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Preziosi, who also spoke of the interest of Juventus for Gilardino: "We will work tonight ... It 's unfair that there are great teams asking the players on the last day of the market, and some of the players on the final day asks him to leave. If someone wants to go away just raise your hand and take responsibility. If there are no alternatives do not do anything, otherwise we'll see ... but the alternative we have, in fact they have.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
You peasants constantly need reminding :disagree: It can't always be Tevez, Vidals, Pirlos etc, there needs to be an injection mediocrity every once and awhile. It makes you appreciate the divine blessing Beppe's bestows upon this team all the more.

It also gives Cronios something to moan about, and let's face it, this place would be pretty boring if we didn't have his anti-Italian player rants :)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
David Amoyal ‏@DavidAmoyal 3m

Genoa's Preziosi on Gilardino to Juve:"They will work tonight, it's not fair that big clubs ask for players on last day" @SkySport

David Amoyal ‏@DavidAmoyal 2m

Genoa's Preziosi on Gilardino to Juve:"If we don't have alternatives it won't happen. But we have an alternative, even alternatives"

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i dont get the hate. gila is a better player than both matri and quag.

as a 4th choice striker what is so bad about it? tevez is an amazing athlete so i expect him to play most games anyway

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #612
    Dear Lord, why would we downgrade from Quag to G.
    for the money.

You get 6-7 from Quag and spend 4-5 for Gila + save cash in wages too. All that for a 5th forward. It's not the end of the world if it happens. Also, we dump him next year and get Gabbia back.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    We're actually spending 5m on him ? :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

And here we are making fun of Milan fans for signing Matri for 11m

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    The guy is past it, he stinks, he's mouldy, he's like a bag of prawns left out under the sun since last year.

If this is a Marotta move then watch him sit on the bench forever like all of Conte's responses to Marotta moves.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
    A striking force of tevez-Vucinic-llorente-gila-gio looks far from impressiv

Gio just sucks gila is past it and llorente has a lot to prove. While vucinic is known for his inconsity

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I for one would welcome him, I dont care who the 5th choice striker is, and cant think of better choices then him, fairly natural box striker and more then good enough to be depth option. Another matter if he was the main attack signing.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    A striking force of tevez-Vucinic-llorente-gila-gio looks far from impressiv

Gio just sucks gila is past it and llorente has a lot to prove. While vucinic is known for his inconsity
    Only one consistently good striker in that group.

Getting rid of Matri and Quag is starting to make little sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)