Alberto Aquilani (84 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
we should probably overt our eyes elsewhere. We're coping without an aquilani/alonso type but i'm scared Zanetti will injure like a few days ago!!

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Where is Roma getting their money from? I thought they were broke and here they go buying Baptista. How are they going to afford the wage demands of Aquilani now?

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Why does Seba do the Euro sign on his head?
well, he wanted to do the ¥ sign but it turned out rather difficult with one hand
:D :D

Aquilani overrated if we pay 30 mill Euros for him
Just play Marchisio or Ekdal to replace Zanetti position when he's injured
We will never pay 30 millions. I even doubt we're going to pay this amount for ANY player these years. That's just the usual goal.com crap. 'Insiders' speak of a 20m-like figure, and i must admit, i find that one a bit high too, but if it really is the gift from our board (and it doesn't bring us in any red numbers) then i'm fine. you know, you don't complain about presents do you? :)

Where is Roma getting their money from? I thought they were broke and here they go buying Baptista. How are they going to afford the wage demands of Aquilani now?
No one knows for sure. I tried finding out about their real financial situation but it's impossible. It's not 'Roma' itself which is writing thouse hundreds of millions of debts, but it's their owners (i think they're called 'italpetroli'). I've understood it like that. So that makes roma pretty much dependent on itself, unlike inter or milan, where the owners can just pull out their wallets and buy a ronaldinho/mourinho. But it does not seem like roma itself, the "a.s. roma"-Brand is in any debts, and has to pay back lots of money. This is how i think it is, but i could be totally wrong also. I don't know too much about economics and it's rather difficult to find out any figures or facts... In the end, we're talking about italy here... lots of unexplainable stuff when it comes to business... :)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Buying Baptista wasn't a suprise actually but what suprised me is that they've offered fiorentina 20 mil euros for mutu !! Now thats something.........

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Goal.com arent interested in facts as we know, just twisitng or inventing them. Baptista will NOT get 4.5m euro himself. 4.5m is what Roma will play in total with tax. After tax, Baptista will get half of that, 2.2m or so. Its not small salary, but not big either, he got more in Real.

And Roma arent rich, but not that poor for you to be suprised the paid 9m euros for Baptista. They have allways around 20m euro transfer budget, they have barely touched it this mercato, bought half of Vucinic, otherwise no other spending. Free signing in Riise, penny pinching swaps and minor deals to get Loria. Called back Montella and Okaka. Thats basically it.

They squad isnt looking like much ,and them struggling the mercato to get players, makes 10 times even more unlikely they are willing to let go of Aquilani.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
let's not forget they sold mancini and giuly, too. So it's rather unlikely that they a) really NEED money and b) really want to let loose of another player.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Goal.com arent interested in facts as we know, just twisitng or inventing them. Baptista will NOT get 4.5m euro himself. 4.5m is what Roma will play in total with tax. After tax, Baptista will get half of that, 2.2m or so. Its not small salary, but not big either, he got more in Real.

And Roma arent rich, but not that poor for you to be suprised the paid 9m euros for Baptista. They have allways around 20m euro transfer budget, they have barely touched it this mercato, bought half of Vucinic, otherwise no other spending. Free signing in Riise, penny pinching swaps and minor deals to get Loria. Called back Montella and Okaka. Thats basically it.

They squad isnt looking like much ,and them struggling the mercato to get players, makes 10 times even more unlikely they are willing to let go of Aquilani.
Riise wasn't free. They paid approx. 5m for him IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)