Alberto Aquilani (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I won't post the entire article from Goal.com but I'll take a portion of it..

"Time is running out for the Olimpico-based side as they will need to renew their player’s contract before the transfer market closes this week or they may risk losing him on a free transfer next term."

That's a complete load of shit.. His contract finishes in June 2010 in which he hasn't formally nor informally changed.. Funny how most websites are basing their speculation on the assumption that he'll be a free agent at the end of next year which is in fact incorrect

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He won't be free but can't he buy out his contract, with only a year left
from it ?
And judging from his current wages i believe he can buy out his contract for less than 1m euro, which is almost the same as going out as a free agent.

Aug 22, 2008
This name should not even have the right to be mention in the same line as thoes two other names!.. There is so much hype about Hamsik that its sick!.. Let the guy join a big club and then you'll see how good he really is!..

Aquilani is much better then him!.. IMO!
Aquilani is not even a starter in the Roma XI, even Pizzaro is ahead of him:lol: He is only rated by the italian Media. He was a great talent 2, 3 seasons ago, but injuries hindered his devlopment as a player. Trust me, Hamsik is a far better player & has far more potential. Hamsik scored more goals & made more assists last season than Aquilani has in 3-4 seasons for Roma:tup: He is the kind of player we should break the bank for.:flag2:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I thought that rule is for players over the age of 28 only?
Then how did Behrami do it ? He's only 23.

This is what FIFA article 17 says :

Protected Period: a period of three entire seasons or three years, whichever comes first, following the entry into force of a contract, if such a contract was concluded prior to the 28th birthday of the Professional, or to a period of two entire seasons or two years, whichever comes first, following the entry into force of a contract, if such contract was concluded after 28th birthday of the Professional.
a player who before he’s 28 years old decides to 'buy out’ the remainder of his contract must have a contract of at least four years (since the first three is “Protected Period”, which in principle is the period the contract is irrevocable unless there is just cause or sporting just cause). If the player is over 28, the contract in question must be at least three years for him to be eligible to exercise this right (since the first two years is “Protected Period”, which in principle is the period the contract is irrevocable unless there is just cause or sporting just cause).”

So, if Aquilani signed a 4 year contract with Roma and he already played 3 full seasons of that contract and has only a year left of the contract, he can use article 17 and leave for peanuts.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
I think alen is right, but anyway; i don't think aquilani will do such a thing... he'd probably get killed on the way to turin by some romanista... The thing with aquilani is a take-it-or-leave-it thing. I think that it depends on a few things like
- Is roma buying a new player?
- Is Tiago leaving?
- Does Aquilani really WANT to leave, or does he just want to play the douche who wants a pay-raise?

If the answers to those questions are positive, i think aquilani to juventus is a realistic thing. And i'd be happy... for a sum like 15 millions, he's welcome all the time, and i really believe he's worth that money. I mean he's performing below-average recently, no need to deny that. But the serie-a and NT experience this young lad has is unreplaceable. He's still got like 8 years ahead of him, and i'm quite sure he'll reach a VERY high level.

But in my opinion, nothing will happen; Tiago won't leave (at least not on a permanent deal), and Aquilani will come out with the usual statement à la 'there were some teams interested in me, but i chose roma, because i love the club' while putting that extra million in his pocket. We will end up with no new arrival, and in that case, i must say that out of the top5, we surely had one of the worse mercato...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Aquilani is not even a starter in the Roma XI, even Pizzaro is ahead of him:lol: He is only rated by the italian Media. He was a great talent 2, 3 seasons ago, but injuries hindered his devlopment as a player. Trust me, Hamsik is a far better player & has far more potential. Hamsik scored more goals & made more assists last season than Aquilani has in 3-4 seasons for Roma:tup: He is the kind of player we should break the bank for.:flag2:
You forgot to mention Hamsik played 3000 minutes last season while Aquilani played 1000 minutes last season and had a bigger impact on his team when he was on form. Not to mention he is playing for a bigger team, on a higher level. So, your argument is non-existant.

Geof

May 14, 2004
So, if Aquilani signed a 4 year contract with Roma and he already played 3 full seasons of that contract and has only a year left of the contract, he can use article 17 and leave for peanuts.
He could but that's a huge step to take. Especially for a guy like him, as he comes from the Roma youth sector. He grew up as a Roma fan and always looked up to guys like Totti, another 100% Romanista. Slamming the door on this club would be quite hard for him. Imagine going from a Roma icon to a traitor... If I were him I wouldn't do it.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Alen is right about the buyout. Obviously the relationship between club and player is significantly different... but on paper, isn't this contract/buyout basically the same situation that Hamburg just endured with VDV? Definitely correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not certain. What did Madrid end up paying... 13M euros? I never would have thought that VDV would end up being such a bargain.

If Aquilani has an off year in 08-09, and the relationship between the club and the player takes a turn for the worse, even if Aquilani doesn't invoke the buy out clause, Roma could be looking at a much smaller return on the player. Possibly upwards of 7-10M euros less (that's just a relatively uninformed guess, but I think it's within the realm of possibility). I mean, Aquilani hasn't reached his potential (it remains to be seen what his growth will entail), where as Van Der Vaart is obviously much more established, and still relatively young...

I really don't think the player will be moving... but until a new contract is signed, the possibility that this situation will deteriorate and Aquilani will move certainly exists...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hamsik is great but Napoli won`t release him
as for Aquilani he is a great talent but I`m unsure about him he seems too unstable too me, a bit of a risk, (one day he is on form and being great the other day he is medicore...)
for the right price he could be a good buy but for too much it is too much of a risk
I`d say 15M euros is a fair price and if they insist on more they can have half of Chimenti

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If we insist so much, there has to be smth, it could be what Allen says, but then again more teams would be interested, since everyone knows that, esp the big teams who can afford it.
There has to be smth more...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
is there anything new from vecchiasignora? do any of those guys have any hints of anything that might happen in the next week and a half? I wonder if they have caught a whiff of any rumors floating around:xfinger:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
the guy who said Aquilani to Juve now back-peddled. 1st he said if we qualify for the CL we'll get Aquilani for just cash. Now he said if we SELL Tiago we'll get him. We'll never sell Tiago. Well, not this year for sure.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I doubt he'll do it and i doubt Juve will tell him to do it. I believe there is a gentlemens deal between the big clubs not to use article 17, because it could backfire on you sooner or later and the next day some other team may steal one of your players using article 17.

Ronaldinho could have used this article and leave for peanuts but Milan didn't want to do it and instead they negotiated directly with Barcelona. Of course, they bought him for much less than what Barcelona wanted but they also bought him for more than what they'd have paid if article 17 was used.

It may be the same with Aquilani. They'll meet somewhere between the 1m/2m euro (Aquilani's cost with article 17) and the 20-25 Roma will be asking for the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)