Alberto Aquilani (65 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Grygera should be good enough until some other options come available, I cant think of anyone that would be a steal or within our budget that I would like to see here. I say splurge on a MC/AMC....aquilani. The way I see it (and i may be wrong) is if our midfield is strong enough to break down the other teams attacks (along with our defense) and consistently supply quality passes to our front-line to threaten opposition defense and keep them under pressure then I see a good season ahead of us. Our defense will be good enough this year, our team will be so much stronger just by getting our 3 youngsters back (if we keep them). So if we do get Aquilani or someone else will only further complete our team, next year we can just focus our new CL budget on strengthening our defense and maybe a young attacker for aging del piero/trez...just a thought, don't shoot me down... :smoke:

Mar 14, 2004
The Bianconeri have been after the midfield duo all summer but they have not managed to land either player.

Claudio Ranieri is still looking for two midfielders to complete his summer spending and he may still get the players he wants.

Sportmediaset claims the Old Lady is ready to pounce for both players and that a €30m bid could be on the horizon for Aquilani.

The Roma man is a priority in Turin and although the Giallorossi have played hard ball, Julio Baptista’s possible arrival may lead to Aquilani being sold.

The club have invested heavily in the Brazilian and his arrival in Rome can spark the fuse to Juve’s move for the Giallorossi star.

Stankovic has also been tipped for a switch to Turin and Inter are ready to allow him to move on.

The Serbian doesn’t seem like he will play regularly under Jose Mourinho and the chance of first team football at Juve could be too much to resist.

A fee of around €8m should be enough for the Nerazzurri midfielder and reports suggest the Bianconeri are ready to show the money for their targets.

goal.BS

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Roma's Alberto Aquilani is now an improbable transfer target according to the Juventus president.

"With regards to Aquilani, when we were interested in him, Roma did not want to sell him," confirmed Cobolli Gigli.

"I think that now there are no possibilities to sign him."

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
It doesn't look too well for aquilani i must admit. The folks (who apparently 'know' some iniders) over at vs.com are still positive, but the latest interviews don't make the impression of a done deal at all to me.
I think if we don't go for aquilani, we shouldn't buy anyone right now. Better save the money for the winter-transfer-window or for the next season, when we will have to replace a Nedved, a Del Piero, or a Zanetti... That's where we are going to have problems...

And even if we don't sign aquilani, and he doesn't renew his contract; roma will have time to do so: They can renew even next year, so that makes roma dictating what happens. It will all depend on how much they want one or more new signings, and how much they are willing to pay for them.
No one has a clue what it's all about with the financial situation of roma. Some speak of hundreds of millions of debts, some others about a positive balance.

We won't know. Personally, i see the aquilani-deal fading ever more, and i'm sad to see. I won't count with him for the serie-a start, so when it happens, i will be even happier. :)

I'll keep watching, what the 'insiders' say though :)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The Bianconeri have been after the midfield duo all summer but they have not managed to land either player.

Claudio Ranieri is still looking for two midfielders to complete his summer spending and he may still get the players he wants.

Sportmediaset claims the Old Lady is ready to pounce for both players and that a €30m bid could be on the horizon for Aquilani.

The Roma man is a priority in Turin and although the Giallorossi have played hard ball, Julio Baptista’s possible arrival may lead to Aquilani being sold.

The club have invested heavily in the Brazilian and his arrival in Rome can spark the fuse to Juve’s move for the Giallorossi star.

Stankovic has also been tipped for a switch to Turin and Inter are ready to allow him to move on.

The Serbian doesn’t seem like he will play regularly under Jose Mourinho and the chance of first team football at Juve could be too much to resist.

A fee of around €8m should be enough for the Nerazzurri midfielder and reports suggest the Bianconeri are ready to show the money for their targets.

goal.BS
30M
I doubt Juve is going to bid that sum to anyone

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
30M
I doubt Juve is going to bid that sum to anyone
don't worry, it's goal.com - they're throwing around figures, numbers and players just as usual, just ignore it... it's the best you can do.

He aint worth 30 mil. Besides, we are set in the CM department.
He surely ain't worth 30m, but we are far from set in CM, we have Zanetti who, besides being injured every second day, is reaching the end of his career. Then there is marchisio, injured right now, and a big question mark regarding his quality. and there we go. No more CMs. Maybe poulsen could be counted as a CM (he played in front of sissoko in the artmedia game), but we all know that poulsen is a DM. So, i don't think signing a CM would be that dumb.

But as i said, i don't believe he'll come. If Roma can hold him, and sign baptista and malouda or someone else, then they're squad is REALLY strong this year.

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
don't worry, it's goal.com - they're throwing around figures, numbers and players just as usual, just ignore it... it's the best you can do.

He surely ain't worth 30m, but we are far from set in CM, we have Zanetti who, besides being injured every second day, is reaching the end of his career. Then there is marchisio, injured right now, and a big question mark regarding his quality. and there we go. No more CMs. Maybe poulsen could be counted as a CM (he played in front of sissoko in the artmedia game), but we all know that poulsen is a DM. So, i don't think signing a CM would be that dumb.

But as i said, i don't believe he'll come. If Roma can hold him, and sign baptista and malouda or someone else, then they're squad is REALLY strong this year.
Considering the fact we will probably field 4 midfielders, of wich 2 are gonne play wide positions (Camo and Nedved/Giovinco) we'll hav 2 positions left. Those will probably be filled up by Sissoko and Poulsen with Zanetti, Marchsio, Ekdal (kinda) and (for now) Tiago as back up. I like the situation where there are 2 players for every position. This we way we have that situation. The only problem there is, like you mention, is the fact we have 2 injured players.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Considering the fact we will probably field 4 midfielders, of wich 2 are gonne play wide positions (Camo and Nedved/Giovinco) we'll hav 2 positions left. Those will probably be filled up by Sissoko and Poulsen with Zanetti, Marchsio, Ekdal (kinda) and (for now) Tiago as back up. I like the situation where there are 2 players for every position. This we way we have that situation. The only problem there is, like you mention, is the fact we have 2 injured players.
well yes; two players for every position... that's what i want to say;
DM: Poulsen/Sissoko
LM(A): Nedved/Giovinco
RM(A): Camo/Marchionni
CM: Zanetti/?? Marchisio?

I'd say ekdal should be played one year in primavera. We would only harm him oîf we'd bench him for a whole season, he needs playing time. Marchisio is, as i said, a big question mark. He's a talent that's for sure, but he's coming from an injury, and he was behind people like cigarini in the olympic squad... He had some good games, but he was never a real game winner, like giovinco for example, for empoli. Tiago is gone for sure, he's not been lined-up in the artmedia game, and that means to me that he's going. That leaves us, as i said, with an aging and injury-prone zanetti, and a young and unproven marchisio. I'm not saying we are doomed without aquilani, because zanetti IS a quality player, but alberto would be a valuable addition to our midfield.

as posted in another thread already, we could be very versatile with him in our formation, for games where we need to hold the ball, and cannot start too offensively;

_________ Amauri _________
Giovinco ____________ Camo
_________Aquilani_________
____Poulsen___Sissoko_____

This formation is very versatile, because giovinco and camo can move up and down just as we need them. More defending, to hold the ball, or as 'support striker' (giovinco mainly) when moving forward and cutting into the middle.
Plus, we can take out one DM and field another striker any time. Or take out one of Gio/Camo for another striker... Also trident could be possible if aquilani moves further up a little.

That's how i would play, but aquilani seems not to be joining anyway, so let's sit back and wait.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'd invest the money in Aquilani to be honest. He'd bring quality and due to his age would be able to give us some continuity. Our other technical midfielders, Nedved and Camo basically, won't last that long anymore.

I'm just a fan of this player though. :p

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
I don't get why we need him, give Giovinco and marchisio a chance.
Giovinco is an LM, or an LMA, or, as some people want him to be, an AM, but no CM for sure. Marchisio is young, and also a bit more defending as Aquilani. I don't know exactly, i must admit that, but the last time i saw marchisio play, he was a DM practically. Now he may be comparable to aquilani, but as said previously, taking aquilani does not mean giving up on marchisio... We don't know if marchisio is ready for the big stage - and with all respect for our youth, but objectively speaking, would you take one who occasionally played for a team ending up second in serie a and for the italian NT, or someone who played occasionally at empoli and benched in the italian olympic squad, behind people like cigarini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)