Alberto Aquilani (77 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
I think maybe this could be happen, I know we have a little chance, but there also some signs:

. Roma has renewed De Rossi and Brighi contract! Not Aquilani.
. Roma wants to buy 2 top player and they should sell!
. Roma offer (1.5M) is very far from what player want (3M).
. Spaletti latest Interview shows that he has thought about possibility!
. Roma is in debt badly as we know!

I still know that with these managers we can't do transfer like this, but I realy hope he comes. It will make our summer better!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
would be a very good signing but roma are hardly putting up a fight to keep hold of one of their home-grown talents and that worries me. normally they would move heaven and earth to keep hold of someone like aquilani but their willingness to sell unsettles me somehow,do they know something we don't? or is he just another overhyped youngster who's developed as far as he ever will?

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
would be a very good signing but roma are hardly putting up a fight to keep hold of one of their home-grown talents and that worries me. normally they would move heaven and earth to keep hold of someone like aquilani but their willingness to sell unsettles me somehow,do they know something we don't? or is he just another overhyped youngster who's developed as far as he ever will?
there could be a possibility bozi in this, but i think they are'nt very desperate as much as we are for an attacking midfielder. roma's problems are up front not in there mid field may be thats why they dont want to bust there salary cap too much for his sake. thats my guess.

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
That site goal.com,simply sucks.They just publish bullshit stories,ages far from true.Tomorow they will publish that Kaka is coming to Juve and above that Milan will pay us for that 200 million Euros.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
SKY

"Per volontà della famiglia Sensi, Aquilani è un giocatore incedibile. La Juventus ha provato correttamente a prenderlo, Cobolli Gigli l'ha chiesto ufficialmente a Rosella Sensi, ma il giocatore resterà in giallorosso".

Basically it says the Sensi family consider him untouchable. Juve tried to buy him correctly, Cobolli talked to Rosella but the player will remain with Roma.

bah! They always say that and if he doesn't re-sign with them he'll be gone to Juve or Inter since Roma are their farm team now. :melayyanandmessi:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008

Roma are hardly putting up a fight? I disagree... They've denied every approach to date, the coach and ownership have said that Aquilani is not for sale, that he's fundamental for the future and will be staying. This is despite the fact that they're strapped for cash, and need quality reinforcements for their attack... they could REALLY use the 25-30M from Aquilani's sale, and yet they still haven't pulled the trigger (A testament to their belief in the quality of the player). The only 'indication' otherwise, was Spaletti saying that he couldn't FORCE Aquilani to stay, if in fact Alberto wanted to leave - which is pretty obvious, and doesn't really need to be stated at all. Clearly, AS Roma is strapped for cash and they're trying to set a precedent: you have to earn your place, before you're paid like a star.

I really don't think this player is going anywhere... more media BS. This is just hardball negotiating, between two sides who know how much the other side has to lose and are banking on them eventually caving in.

Aquilani was set for a break out year in 07/08 and then he got hurt, which greatly disrupted his progress. When he came back, Spaletti reintroduced him slowly, as the team had been playing quite well without him. That may have affected his confidence a bit... It really should be said that there's NO WAY that he's reached his full potential at 24... he just needs some continuity.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I think the club has settled on the Poulsen signing. If any player is to join, it would be a player who can play on a wing or as a true attacking midfielder. Aquilani doesnt make sense anymore for the club.

A Van der Vaart or Stankovic signing would make more sense these days.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Are we really afford to pay 25 mill for him? and a 3 mill salary, that's too much, and what about Giovinco who demands a pay raise, will our board pay him 3 mill as well??

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I agree Adrian... at this point, having made the Poulsen signing, I think it would be "wrong" to sign A.A. and not give Marchisio a chance. I really don't think there is any way that Aquilani makes sense at this time... and yet if he were available... damn that proverbial 'potential'...
Try as I might, there isn't much readily available Serie A or Azzurrni coverage here in Canada... so I have to ask the question... Has anyone ever seen Marchisio play on the right side of midfield? Is there any possible way that this could make sense? Somehow, I feel like he 'could' potentially be a back up for Camo. Enlighten me people... I've only seen him play 6+ times (full games, approximately)... always in the middle. And yes, I just drank a shit load of beer...

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
tbh he hasn't ever played on the right he doesn't look like he has the attributes nessacary. IMO he's a set stone cm.
If you were looking for camo understudy abate would have been perfect but unforunately he's now at Torino.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Unless its silly 30m or so figures, if Aquilani is available, he must really be bought. It would be a big coup for our team. No mistaking it. Chances like this came extremely rarely.

If we dont get him, Inter will for sure, and then you will regret your pragmatic comments of "we dont need him right now, we have Poulsen" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)