Alberto Aquilani (88 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
funny how everyone first hails him, and then, after the NT-performance (which WAS pretty weak) everyone keeps saying he's bad. Aquilani is good, no matter what he delivered with Italy. He's surely not a prilo or any other WC-CM but he'll come to it, believe me... he won't be sold anyways...

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I partly agree with U. Many members here saw him as already acomplished player, a true star and already WC midfielder. Aquilani is a good player who have a potential to become WC but not yet. Also I think that at the moment he couldn't succed at Juve, couse everyone would expect from him to be an instant hit. That's why Xabi is better option, he would bring more quality and he will only need time to adjust to our tactics, unlike Aquilani who needs more time to develop and we don't have that time, plus he would cost more than Xabi.

And let's face the fact that he will never leave Roma for us.

Mar 14, 2004
I partly agree with U. Many members here saw him as already acomplished player, a true star and already WC midfielder. Aquilani is a good player who have a potential to become WC but not yet. Also I think that at the moment he couldn't succed at Juve, couse everyone would expect from him to be an instant hit. That's why Xabi is better option, he would bring more quality and he will only need time to adjust to our tactics, unlike Aquilani who needs more time to develop and we don't have that time, plus he would cost more than Xabi.

And let's face the fact that he will never leave Roma for us.

I agree,for once..... :D

Aquilani flourished in Roma where all eyes were on 5-6 star players like Totti,Mancini,Pizzaro,Cicinho,Mexes.... then every good move whas paired with comments like "take a look at this young fella,nice move". And then came Euro2008 and a role that was too demanding for him: a playmaker..... a flop :)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I dread to think what you guys are going to say about Marchisio if you think Aquilani isn't much good.
Marchisio is ours. We don't have to pay a ridiculous fee for him, and he's not expected to start right away, unlike Aquilani. So The expectations are lower, or at least they should be.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Marchisio is ours. We don't have to pay a ridiculous fee for him, and he's not expected to start right away, unlike Aquilani. So The expectations are lower, or at least they should be.
OK then, but saying Aquilani isn't worth what we would have to pay is different from saying he isn't that good, which is what some folk have been saying.

For the record, all things considered, I think Alonso is a better option than Aquilani.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its rather typical the same ones who saying he is so amazing because he is a young italian mainly, instead of the quality player he is, is now turning on him and calling him crap because of one NT game. Predictable shit.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
aquilani and xabi are quality players, no arguement there. it's simple, cuz our target is xabi alonso cuz he's more experienced, and we have marchisio to be his understudy. but if the deal with liverpool keeps stalling, we have to go for someone else, and that someone should be aquilani, even tho he hasn't finished developing. he's the next best option to xabi who we can get, but it depends on what roma are going to ask for him.

zann

SG Juventino!
May 30, 2004
lets place our trustwith marchisio first for now. he'll be a good understudy to alonso. but then again, would he get a chance to play, like a string of matches?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
and I'm not a fan of strengthening our rivals by paying them 25 million for an overrated player.
:agree:

OK then, but saying Aquilani isn't worth what we would have to pay is different from saying he isn't that good, which is what some folk have been saying.

For the record, all things considered, I think Alonso is a better option than Aquilani.
Aquilani is defintitly good, but not as much as media made him good. Like I've already said many member here are conisedered him as an acomplished player ready to flourish and and lead our midfield, and forgot that he is stil pretty much inexpirienced and that he needs more time to develop. And because of that it's ridicoulus to pay 25 mils for someone who will barely make difference and probably with all the hype and expectations around him will probably flop (at least in the eyes of the fans).

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
So so fickle.. Aquilani was poor against Spain, granted, but he is still a great player with tremendous potential. I'd be very happy to sign him. Don't expect it to happen though.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So people don't want to sign Aquilani now, but will complain in a couple of years that we can't afford him once he has developed? :disagree:

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Despite his brief and underwhelming performance at the Euros... Aquilani is still a dynamite prospect and an excellent choice to bolster the midfield.

However, I think Xabi Alonso is the slightly better option right now. He's entering his prime, more experienced, and the better solution at the moment. In two to three years, Aquilani may very well be the better player. That is worth consideration too.

However, once you get past them, the options aren't good for a pure central midfielder. If names like Senna or Stankovic are being bandied around, the point is being missed.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
So people don't want to sign Aquilani now, but will complain in a couple of years that we can't afford him once he has developed? :disagree:
i don't think people have anything against an aquilani transfer, it's just that they feel xabi is a better option right now, we have a promising young CM in marchisio, and roma would be unwilling to let aquilani go for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)