Alberto Aquilani (49 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
there are exactly 260 foreigners in the Bundesliga which makes a percentage of 49,4%
Serie A has 213 foreigners which is 38,6 %
La Liga: 194 (33,7 %)
EPL 396: (62,0 %)

Just for the info
[/OFFTOPIC]

Now can we please get aquilani! :) (just dreamin'...... i'd love to hear some sort of statement though; either aquilani saying he's a true romanista, or juve saying that they're after him or not.)
Not percentages again
I quit following percentages since the Amauri saga...

anyway it is being said that they want to make the clubs to consist more players from their country and while I said it would weaken the football the satistics show that I`m right
Man Utd-Chelsea was this year CL final
Liverpool who reached the semi final was only eliminated by Chelsea
wheres Arsenal who reached the quarter final was only eliminated by Liverpool
What I`m saying is satisticly the English teams were the best this year and were not eliminated by any other EU club part from English clubs ofcourse

I`m not a fan of English football but you have got to admit that this year Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool were stronger than Spain`s top four or Italy`s top four (the Germans top four are a joke so I didn`t even mentioned them...)
basicly saying that limiting the number of EU players would be a step in the wrong direction in terms of quality but a step in the right direction in showing the team identity and developing youngsters

I personaly like the situation as it is now!
You see youngsters develope and you also see quality
What do you prefer?!

Buy on AliExpress.com

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Juve Offer Cash Plus Players For Aquilani

According to Tuttosport, Juventus are ready to offer cash, Vincenzo Iaquinta and Marco Marchionni in exchange for Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani.

Aquilani is rated as one of Italy’s best young players, however his future is still in doubt due to contractual problems.

The 23-year-old is unsatisfied by the financial side of the Giallorossi’s new extension offer, and talks held yesterday between his father Claudio and Roma officials did not produce any results in this regard.

Aquilani realises that he can earn substantially more if he moves to another club, and Juve are prepared to offer him a five-year contract worth €3.2m a year.

The Bianconeri are also hoping to satisfy Roma by offering the club cash, Vincenzo Iaquinta and Marco Marchionni in exchange for Aquilani.

Iaquinta is a player that Roma coach Luciano Spalletti would very much love to have at his club, but whether he would be prepared to sacrifice Aquilani is another matter.

Yesterday Giallorossi sporting director Daniele Prade made it perfectly clear that the club had no intention of selling the midfielder.

"Aquilani is unsellable," Pradé told Roma's official website.

"The club wants to continue its relationship with him. Alberto is considered one of the most important parts of the club for the present and the future.

“Now he has to focus on the Euros, but when he returns we will discuss his contract and make sure he continues to wear the Giallorossi's shirt.”

goal.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But its two players we are likely to sell this summer anyway, might aswell ensure we get a big time quality player for them.

But if this is more then Aquilani using it as a means to force them to up the salary offer, it all needs to be concluded soon. Because I hardly think we have much time to putt off the Xabi deal for Aquilani's sake, which is exactly what we would be doing. Wont get both.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
it's a waste of time trying to get Aquilani, he does'nt want us, and roma don't want him to come here either

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We will offer him bigger salary then they can. Thats almost exlusively the most important factor for players.

So it isnt that unrealistic as you think. Not either the first time we got a player from a rival team in a controversial scenario, a certain Baggio caused riots and the player himself wasnt so into the prospect.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
But its two players we are likely to sell this summer anyway, might aswell ensure we get a big time quality player for them.

But if this is more then Aquilani using it as a means to force them to up the salary offer, it all needs to be concluded soon. Because I hardly think we have much time to putt off the Xabi deal for Aquilani's sake, which is exactly what we would be doing. Wont get both.
Ok, Nocerino was not a good player, Almiron was loaned out and Tiago was suffering. Nocerino was sold where Almiron and Tiago are most likely to be sold as well. Then comes in Marchionni, Iaquinta and Palladino. A total of six players to be sold is not really a good sign.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I agree in parts, but individually most of these players have no bussiness being in Juve. Marchionni I wouldnt mind keeping, like him, IF he can stay healthy (we can get another backup winger for cheap, cant be that hard, Marco is sadly too much of a liability to count on).

Iaquinta is sadly not happy being 4th, considering he wasnt happy being 3rd. Nocerino, Almiron and Tiago arent good enough, and are more or less replaced by Sissoko, Marchisio and perhaps Xabi. But in this bunch I would keep Tiago if its an absolute necessity. Palladino needs to be loaned to develop more as a player. But I also worry we wont have a 4th striker when Iaquinta is sold, 3 strikers isnt enough. But then again, it still isnt in Palla's interest to be behind 3 strikers yet again for another season.

These are players we would need to replace with other depth players. Only Tiago and Palla is the only ones we might end up keeping, and I wouldnt mind it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't think we should include Tiago, Palladingo and Iaquinta in any deal. Keep them all and if anything include lousy defenders in transfer deals.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Actually, come to think of it this way. If we sell Iaquinta to buy Aquilani, it will not stop us from buying Alonso as well but I see us selling Trezeguet to cash in a big amount and buy a forward and a defender.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I don't think we should include Tiago, Palladingo and Iaquinta in any deal. Keep them all and if anything include lousy defenders in transfer deals.
Defenitely if Iaquinta wants to stay, keep him for sure (but do you really expect him to?). Tiago is an ok squad player. And Palla can be useful as backup for the wings, but I dont think both him and Iaquinta will stay, its one or the other. Palla has enough issues when he has 3 strikers ahead of him, 4 is just overkill. Better for him to be loaned in the long run.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don`t think this is a megabid
10M+ Iaquinta and Marchionni Roma would surely refuse
I think we should tempt them more
make an offer more like this
16M+ Iaquinta+ Marchionni+ Criscito

its like the deal with Xabi but the difference is we are getting a way better player and we losing Iaquinta who is now a 4th choice and 2 useless players for that cause

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
I think it this way; Tiago needs to stay (barring the fact that roma probably don't want him) alone for the fact that we have alternatives or suspended/injured players. His market value also probably dropped way below what he's worth. Giving him away now is wrong. I see only Iaquinta leaving. Maybe marchionni, but since marchionni is pretty versatile too, i'd keep him. I don't think roma want him anyway. I mean look at their squad, they DEFINATELY need a striker and they won't get one with all their debts they have (i read something around 180mio of debts), and their salary cap. So iaquinta might be the perfect thing for them.
The only question that remains is how many cash we should include at max. Imo, we could go for something like 15mio + iaquinta. That's a very HUGE offer, but since we have some cash to give away (remember, we only need a defender and we're ok) and since aquilani might be the next best italian CM, i'd defiantely prefer paying something more for him than for xabi if we can include a player. Spending 20 mio cash does not hurt us that much as 15mio + iaquinta, because remember that iaquinta takes up salary for a year too.

As i said before, since they're in trouble with renewing the contract, i still have some hopes that he'll join us. IF HE WANTS, get him! Probably it won't be possible, because i believe, in some days he'll renew. But hey, let's hope for the best.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
id much rather spend more money to sign him than xabi. JCK, how do u think we would possibley get xabi too if we do end up bringing aquilani? just curious cuz that would drain most of our funds woudnt it? unless we sell tiago perhaps. i dont think selling trezeguet is an option. he wont be going anywhere. i like the idea of offering 15m plus iaquinta. if we get ride of some of our dead weight this summer we will be able to offer some higher wages to our prospects

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Trade all three for Aquilani. Hell even include some money too.

I'd like to keep Iaquinta, but Aquilani :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)