Alberto Aquilani (87 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Lampard close to Inter. I guess Mourinho will be their next coach. Maybe they'll get Drogba and Carvalho too (damn we have to improve our squad if this is true). With Lampard going to Inter, Ranieri will probably see Aquilani as the best solution possible in CM. And to be honest I wouldn't disagree.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Juventus use Iaquinta to trump Arsenal for Aquilani
tribalfootball.com - May 20, 2008

Juventus are launching a swap bid for Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani.
Aware of a move from Arsenal for the young Italy international, Juve are ready to make an offer for the midfielder after receiving short shrift from Liverpool over an approach for Xabi Alonso.

Gazzetta dello Sport says Juve are confident they can beat Arsenal for Aquilani by offering striker Vincenzo Iaquinta, a favourite of Roma coach Luciano Spalletti's, in exchange.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
swap iaquinta with aquilani means that we will stick with palla... we need 4 strikers for the next season... and i doubt that we r going to buy another striker

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
aquilani should be a first priority imo. The question is whether or not we should sacrifice iaquinta. Now, after considering our financial position, i think we won't ever be able to get aquilani for cash only. Roma do have some financial power for themselves (although their salary cap will kill them soon) and they surely won't let go a promising youngster just like that. So i'd say there would have to be a juve-player going to other way. Now i don't like throwing away like that someone like iaquinta, but in my opinion, the situation is pretty clear. Iaquinta is on a good level right now (higher than palla). He performs solid, scores his goals. all in all decent and solid pretty much every time he's called. But iaquinta has reached his peak imo. There is not much room for him to improve. With palla this is somewhat different.
I'm conviced that palla has the talent to become one of italy's top players. He lacks experience, he lacks the 'easy thinking' and he simply lacks game practice but those are things that can be fixed, and i do believe that palla can be way more useful than iaquinta, if he's given time. Palla could also turn out more versatile, playing more as a winger maybe, or even behind 2 strikers.

So all in all i'd have to say that i would hold on to palladino and, with some regret, give them iaquinta and some money. The question that necessarily comes up is of course "is aquilani worth it" and i do belive he is. Fact is, he's one of the most promising CM/AM in italy, he's young, he's technically good, he's serie-a-proven, and i think he's even called into NT. And let's not forget; in our system with a dentral midfield more CM than AM, he'd be very useful. I think he fits our play the best.

I really hope he comes although i have to say that i don't quite believe in it yet. Too many 'maybe's and 'perhaps', but i'd definately aim for this boy. he's the future of italian football, together with the players we already have (palla, chiellini, giovinco, lanzafame, ... ) :) :)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Aquilani is a very good player but I somewhat not 100% sure about this move
He knows how to defend and how to attack has some great shots and he is not a bad passer eigther but somewhat I am still unsure

and replying to the last post
Yeah Palladino for Aquilani would be good except it will not happen since we have Secco not Roma

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
aquilani should be a first priority imo. The question is whether or not we should sacrifice iaquinta. Now, after considering our financial position, i think we won't ever be able to get aquilani for cash only. Roma do have some financial power for themselves (although their salary cap will kill them soon) and they surely won't let go a promising youngster just like that. So i'd say there would have to be a juve-player going to other way. Now i don't like throwing away like that someone like iaquinta, but in my opinion, the situation is pretty clear. Iaquinta is on a good level right now (higher than palla). He performs solid, scores his goals. all in all decent and solid pretty much every time he's called. But iaquinta has reached his peak imo. There is not much room for him to improve. With palla this is somewhat different.
I'm conviced that palla has the talent to become one of italy's top players. He lacks experience, he lacks the 'easy thinking' and he simply lacks game practice but those are things that can be fixed, and i do believe that palla can be way more useful than iaquinta, if he's given time. Palla could also turn out more versatile, playing more as a winger maybe, or even behind 2 strikers.

So all in all i'd have to say that i would hold on to palladino and, with some regret, give them iaquinta and some money. The question that necessarily comes up is of course "is aquilani worth it" and i do belive he is. Fact is, he's one of the most promising CM/AM in italy, he's young, he's technically good, he's serie-a-proven, and i think he's even called into NT. And let's not forget; in our system with a dentral midfield more CM than AM, he'd be very useful. I think he fits our play the best.

I really hope he comes although i have to say that i don't quite believe in it yet. Too many 'maybe's and 'perhaps', but i'd definately aim for this boy. he's the future of italian football, together with the players we already have (palla, chiellini, giovinco, lanzafame, ... ) :) :)
A very good post, very constructive, balanced and with many valid arguments.
I mostly agree with your reason, Aquilani would be a starter in our team and sacrificing a sub, logically helps our cause but we may have the option to buy someone as good, or even better than Aquilani without sacrificing Iaquinta.
The Deco deal for example, would probably include the sell of other players, indirectly to fund this transfer and we might have the chance to keep this overkill attacking line with DP,Treze,Amauri and Iaq and adding someone very experienced and valuable in our team.
Or someone even better than Aquilani like Lampard and Diego (if they really become available in our transfer range)

Aquilani is a great player without no doubt, but he was a Roma fan all his life,
would he determined enough in Juve? Would the character problems tha haunt any Roma player had any effects in Juve's atmosphere?
Could he be become an injury prone player?
Roma would hate to lose him and they would do everything not to let us sign him!
I think if they dont manage to convince him to stay, they would prefer to sell him to Arsenal and buy another forward, both because they would avoid strengthening a direct competitor and just because they hate us!!:heart:

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Trading Iaquinta for Aquilani would be downright godly. I know Vince is a good player and a fighter and this and that, but he also is mainly a sub, and if we get Amauri , we might as well drop Vince since he will be excess a 4th/5th striker. I believe it would make more sense to have the 3 older guys Dp, Trez and Amauri as 1 2 and 3 with a younger player such as Palladino fighting to get better and gain experience and finally claim his spot in the team. Whereas if Vince stayed and benched alot, by the time he would be able to start he would be quite elderly. Overall, i believe trading a sub for a key young starting starlet would be fantastic imo.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
A very good post, very constructive, balanced and with many valid arguments.
I mostly agree with your reason, Aquilani would be a starter in our team and sacrificing a sub, logically helps our cause but we may have the option to buy someone as good, or even better than Aquilani without sacrificing Iaquinta.
The Deco deal for example, would probably include the sell of other players, indirectly to fund this transfer and we might have the chance to keep this overkill attacking line with DP,Treze,Amauri and Iaq and adding someone very experienced and valuable in our team.
Or someone even better than Aquilani like Lampard and Diego (if they really become available in our transfer range)

Aquilani is a great player without no doubt, but he was a Roma fan all his life,
would he determined enough in Juve? Would the character problems tha haunt any Roma player had any effects in Juve's atmosphere?
Could he be become an injury prone player?
Roma would hate to lose him and they would do everything not to let us sign him!
I think if they dont manage to convince him to stay, they would prefer to sell him to Arsenal and buy another forward, both because they would avoid strengthening a direct competitor and just because they hate us!!:heart:
i see your point, and you're really pointed out what could go wrong. Well done; It's a gamble really - Will aquilani develop the way everyone wants him to? Will palladino finally grow (player-wise)? Will roma accept a deal to give away aquilani? Is iaquinta really not worth holding on to? I can't really give yes or no answers here...

You're right with the deco-thing, but i'm kind of worried if we're really pointing at him, what will happen next. It's clear that deco is a great player, but he's just that tiny bit too old imo. If i'm not wrong he's 30, and with amauri already coming, i'd prefer someone fresh, promising and serie-a-proven. But you're right; the deco-deal would involve MUCH less risks. Surely the better solution in short-term.

What needs to be considered too is that IF aquilani will move away from roma, then NOW. I don't see him leaving afterwards, when he's got his fixed place inside the squad. The only hope i have to get him is that Roma's system does not suit him. That would be the only explanation i have why he's playing so little time, and why he would maybe want to be transferred. Anyone else maybe knows why aquilani had this arguments with totti on the pitch, or why he's so unhappy (or is said to be)

I think Roma definately need someone like iaquinta. Let's not underestimate them, by giving them iaquinta, we surely strengthen them too, it's not only us who would profit there...

As for Lampard and Diego... i've given up on them really. Diego really is getting out of our reach, he'll stay in Werder, i'm pretty sure of that. As for lampard, i think we simply can't afford him. There is once again the problem of his salary...

I think a CM should be first priority, with giovinco coming up, neddy having signed for another year, and camo/marchionni on the right, we're pretty settled on the wings. A CM/AM just like deco or aquilani would really be what we need in midfield. By the way, i'd keep tiago too. It can't be wrong to have a backup because with noce probably leaving, we definately need some depth there. Anyway, a CM should be ready for next season, there needs to be someone sissoko can pass the ball to :)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Im really glad that for once we are are talking about swapping an aging player for a younger more promising player and not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)