Alberto Aquilani (76 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I`ll just copy/paste my opinion on him from other thread and change few things.

Aquilani is surely a great player in my books.He works a lot and has very good passes and long range shots.I think he has potential to be one of the best players in the world in that positions.There is one bad thing about him though.Sadly,he is very injury prone player and even in not hard tackles can get surpisingly tough injury.He missed a lot of matches this year.First half of the season and now against Manchester with that tackle with Rio.Still,it would be hard to reject this transfer.Even though media is talking about him leaving Rome I don`t think it will happen.He`s Romanista just like De Rossi is.The only problem is that Sensi can not offer him much higher wages with salary cap.If Soros comes(and most likely he will) I see him renewing his contract.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I`ll just copy/paste my opinion on him from other thread and change few things.

Aquilani is surely a great player in my books.He works a lot and has very good passes and long range shots.I think he has potential to be one of the best players in the world in that positions.There is one bad thing about him though.Sadly,he is very injury prone player and even in not hard tackles can get surpisingly tough injury.He missed a lot of matches this year.First half of the season and now against Manchester with that tackle with Rio.Still,it would be hard to reject this transfer.Even though media is talking about him leaving Rome I don`t think it will happen.He`s Romanista just like De Rossi is.The only problem is that Sensi can not offer him much higher wages with salary cap.If Soros comes(and most likely he will) I see him renewing his contract.
I agree.. But it seems Aquilani's cycle is this

1. Plays 3 brilliant weeks in which people label him the next great italian midfielder and so on
2. He gets injured for an extended period of time
3. He suffers a form slump for about a month or two
4. Back to no. 1

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
not having the best of seasons though, he's been average in most of the games i've seen him in. On form he's a beast though.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Yeah, it seems rumours go strong for a week or two, then they vanish...looking back at so many players..diego, van der vaart to name a couple...then they flushed down the toilet.

I think Montolivio would be a good player to get...sure his season isnt the best right now, bit that doesnt mean he cant deliver the goods and play great for the club. he can create and pass brilliantly, and he is able to score goals.

I like aquilani a lot but i fear we'll end up paying mega bucks for him and as mentioned already in previous posts, he is injury prone at times...i would personally prefer a different option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)