Alberto Aquilani (83 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
If i understood correctly, the men from Bayern are already working on Zanetti's transfer, or at least they've shown their interest. And Zanetti can use some FIFA rule and get out of Juve since he has 2 years left of his contract.
My Italian is still not perfect, so Mark, can you explain this better :

Con Aquilani no, lui dovrebbe affiancare Sissoko a centrocampo, ancora nel 4-4-2. Questo significherebbe (anche) relegare Cristiano Zanetti a un ruolo di secondo piano. Forse è un caso, ma proprio sul giocatore (protagonista della stagione) sono tornati con forza gli uomini mercato del Bayern Monaco. Zanetti ha ancora due anni di contratto, potrebbe svincolarsi con la clausola Fifa. Dettaglio trascurabile, lui non ha mai nascosto la sua volontà di restare il più a lungo possibile a Torino.
everything you + they say it's improbable since Zanetti wants to stay with Juve. :flag3:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #42
    Im kinda undecided about Aquilani's price tag.30m does some kinda over the top,but this was to be expected.He's one hell of a talent and he could do wonderfully well for us.I dont think Secco can bring it down,unless we offer some players in return.Maybe include Tiago in the transfer?

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Im kinda undecided about Aquilani's price tag.30m does some kinda over the top,but this was to be expected.He's one hell of a talent and he could do wonderfully well for us.I dont think Secco can bring it down,unless we offer some players in return.Maybe include Tiago in the transfer?
    Spalletti really likes Palladino and Iaquinta(DON'T SELL HIM SECCO!. They wanted Molinaro last year also. :spliff:

Giving them around 15m € + Palladino makes sense since the Amauri rumor is getting stronger and stronger. I still say we need The Hunter more so Amauri should go to Milan. Zampa must be using Juve to get more from the other clubs. :xfinger:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Imo, Aquilani should be an option only if we can't buy Diego.
    I like Aquilani but he's not a player who makes things happen and who can single-handedly lead the team, the way Diego can.
    He has the potential to become one of European finest midfielders but i really can't see the potential i can see in Diego, the potential of winning the FIFA World Player of the Year award, the potential of attracting thousands of fans, millions of shirt buyers, the potential of being the leader that will take Juve to European and World success. In Roma he's doing good but he's still being rotated a lot. Actually, he's being rotated more than any other midfielder in the team and he's usually in the shadow of Totti, De Rossi, Mancini and even Perrotta.
    I see Aquilani as a very good team player. That's all i can see.

And paying 15m eur+Palladino is kinda silly. Both of them were playing for the Italian u-21 with equal success, both of them are being called by Donadoni for the azzurri. Actually, Palladino even got a starting place in the team in the last match.
    To give them Palladino and pay 15m eur more for someone who's the same age as Palla and who isn't classes better than Palladino, is wrong imo.

This being said, i wouldn't like to miss out on Aquilani, either. Even if we get Diego i'd still like Aquilani in the team :D

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    30 million for Aquilani? No way. If that's the case then might as well add a bit of cash and try to get Quaresma or Diego.

May 22, 2007
    I like Aquilani but he's not a player who makes things happen and who can single-handedly lead the team, the way Diego can.
    He's has the potential to become one of European finest midfielders but i really can't see the potential i can see in Diego, the potential of winning the FIFA World Player of the Year award, the potential of attracting thousands of fans, millions of shirt buyers, the potential of being the leader that will take Juve to European and World success. In Roma he's doing good but he's still being rotated a lot. Actually, he's being rotated more than any other midfielder in the team and he's usually in the shadow of Totti, De Rossi, Mancini and even Perrotta.

And paying 15m eur+Palladino is kinda silly. Both of them were playing for the Italian u-21 with equal success, both of them are being called by Donadoni for the azzurri. Actually, Palladino even got a starting place in the team in the last match.
    To give them Palladino and pay 15m eur more for someone who's the same age as Palla and who isn't classes better than Palladino, is wrong imo.

This being said, i wouldn't like to miss out on Aquilani, either. Even if we get Diego i'd still like Aquilani in the team :D
    Alen - Making things difficult since April 2007. :D

I agree with your last sentence because I am greedy.

Fellas

Farsopoli
    Jun 13, 2005
    Diego first choice if we (Secco) fail then try for Aquilani who is a great player but not as great as Diego :D.

Diego or Aquilani-Sissoko/Marchisio/Zanetti. If we have this midfield next season I believe we will maby start playing footboll?

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    In a long interview to Gazzetta dello Sport, Alberto Aquilani speaks also of his own future. About Juventus and Inter interest the midfielder declares: "It's a pleasure to be appreciated, but to those things I will think at the right moment".

The priority remain in fact the renewal with Roma, but seems not to be an economical matter: "I have a contract until 2010 but the meaning is that. 2,5 million are not few, but I want to understand my future. I want play, if they desire to aim on me , then money arrive as consequence".

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=12940

I dont think we have a thread for Aquilani.Do we?

Anyway.He hasnt said no,so its a start:D
    I'd love to have Aquilani at Juve:weee: . Unfortunately Sensi is determined to keep him at Roma. :(

But if it's true about their financial status.....

...........GO FOR IT, Secco! :juve1:

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #55
    He has the potential to become one of European finest midfielders but i really can't see the potential i can see in Diego, the potential of winning the FIFA World Player of the Year award, the potential of attracting thousands of fans, millions of shirt buyers, the potential of being the leader that will take Juve to European and World success. In Roma he's doing good but he's still being rotated a lot. Actually, he's being rotated more than any other midfielder in the team and he's usually in the shadow of Totti, De Rossi, Mancini and even Perrotta.

To give them Palladino and pay 15m eur more for someone who's the same age as Palla and who isn't classes better than Palladino, is wrong imo

Aquilani's usefullness to our team would be immense.I wont agree with you about the Palladino-Aquilani comparison.IMO Aquilani has the potential to become one of the finest midfielders around,as you've rightly mentioned.Palladino on the other hand,has no such potential as forward or as a winger.The comparison on the basis of Italy callups isnt fair either.Palladino is lucky to be called up for the NT,whereas Aquilani is unlucky as the NT already boasts of Pirlo,De Rossi,Perrota and Gattuso,which makes it kidna difficult for Aquilani to be accomodated.

I dont think we should think twice before giving Roma Palladino and getting Aquilani in return.Aquilani wont come cheap,so we will have to pay a large sum for him.Diego is probably Madrid bound,which leaves us with VDV and Aquilani.We have apparently ticked VDV off,which brings us down to Aquilani.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    Zanetti to Bayern is non-sense. He is our best midfielder, imo. Certainly the most consistent, and there are many stats which back up what a force he is in our mid. Selling Zanetti to sign Aquilani is a foolish rumour.

Aquilani is roman born and playing for his hometown club. I dont think we have any chance.

Zanetti, Sissoko, Nocerino, Marchisio is good enough for our central mid next season. Id rather spend 20-30 million euro's on a player with more flair. Some1 who's creative presence is more easily seen and felt, like VDV.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    The Zanetti bit baffles me.I love Christiano,but if that needs to be done to get Aquilani..then im all for it.

Camo--Aquilani--Sissoko---Giovinco

:weee:

That does look amazing. Especially if you consider that we'd have Nedved, Marchisio and Zanetti as midfield cover.

I really like Aquilani, already a top midfielder and one of the biggest talents in europe. Kinda sad about his many long injuries lay-offs hampering his progress the past two/three seasons. Without that, he probably would already have been one of Europe's top midfielders.

I prefer Aquiliani to Diego as well, because tactically he is easier utilised. And Ranieri is not a tactical mastermind.

Edit: Also, we're getting too friendly with Roma lately. This would really piss them off :D.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
    Aquilani is roman born and playing for his hometown club. I dont think we have any chance.
    My point exacly...He is Roma player and Roma born...i don't think so that he will sign for us...maybe for Inter but not for us...

Camo--Aquilani--Sissoko---Giovinco
    Cool line-up...but i'll play Giovinco in behind the strikers...

Sissoko
    Camo Aquilani
    Giovinco

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #59
    Roma would probably prefer selling him to us than to Inter.Roma and Inter will probably be the two main contenders for the title for a couple of years as both Milan and us are going through a redevelopment phase.They made the mistake of selling Chivu and strenghtning their direct rivals.I dont think they'd make that mistake again.Plus Aquilani would know where he'd get more playing time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)