Alberta Tampona Aquilani (5 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
You are confusing things. Im going to try to explain it the best I can, it is difficult because english is not my natural language and I dont know the particular words.
But in business when you make a rational decision, you dont have to look backwards and see how much you paid for an asset. You have to look at the present and the future. The fact that we overpaid Melo and Sissoko shouldnt matter when we decide which is going to be our midfield. If we can generate for example 20 M for the sale of both players and then Aquilani and Inler would cost both something around 30M, then the cost of changing our midfield with those players is 10M, and not 50M as you said.
I disagree, a rational decision is considering everything!
We do not have unlimited money, we have a certain amount of cash and we have a certain amount of squad players/slots to fill in.
We are building up a team that is supposedly meant to become competitive some day.
Such a team cannot be build within a season,esp if we have a limited amount of money, we have to be patient and have a solid plan that will flourish in the long run.
There were made some irrational decisions in our transfer strategy for a variety of reasons (unrealistic expectations from the board, inexperienced and clueless directors, critical mistakes at chosing our priorities, stubborn fixes with young and Italian, priority in the quantity of our squad players, rather the quality of starters etc etc)

Now Marotta is called to minimize loses, not make new ones, we cannot erase everything we have done so far and start all over from the beginning again.
The choices we have bought, the idiotic choices we have made, we used up our resources, we must try to salvage anything we can from those investments and take an optimal use of our remaining resources.

I firmly believe that a strong team, needs to eliminate her weakness, having just one good player, is not enough to upgrade our entire team, in a competitive level.
The best players will determine how far we can go at optimal conditions, but its the average value of our players that actually makes or breaks our team.
As it has been proven time and time again, this generation of Italian defenders is the worst ever. We have invested on them, because thats why we always did.
We have always invested on Italian quality in defense, but unfortunately time had changed and the Italian defense is not as solid as before, we there was an abundance of solid players available on cheap, now there are limited to no, overrated options.

The defense has always been in important part for Juve and any champion, we have always proved thats its the defense that wins champions.
Because the Italian forces that run serie A envied our efficiency and success, we have been robbed of the right to be competitive.
We have been robbed of our board, the only thing that made us competitive, it is really sad though that everything that had left, has so easily forgotten the receipe for success.
They are a trying to do the exact opposite, of what we did before, even though such an approach condemn us to mediocrity.
They have not adapted to the new demands, they are just acting out of instinct.

A fun, is not paying cash 45mil from his pocket, to buy new players, like Aguero, but he would like to see Aquero in our jersey performing his flips and tricks.
But the corporate part of our club, knows if we are able to make such an acquisition and considering our very limited funds, what sacrifices should be made in other sectors, to make that happen.
The investment will only make sense if the advantages pay out more than the disadvantages.
Without exp, it is really hard to make an objective and optimal decision.

At the critical moment we have reached, it is important to minimize risk and mistakes, it is important to start fixing our gravest mistakes and avoid as many new mistakes, as possible.
The enthusiasm of a fun, after a disappointing season, demands ground breaking changes, in order to boost the new season with new hope, but can we afford that?
When we have started rebuilding our squad, we had a certain amount of funds available to do that and a time schedule to accomplish that.
Our investors, who have allowed us to spend those resources were pursuaded and grant us some grace time.
But will they be always willing to let us assuming reckless risks and spending unwise? I doubt, no one does.
And as we have already wasted a few hundred millions, we cannot just forget what happened and start over, the investors already made an investment and expect results.

With those 20 mil, we can buy 2 10mil wingbacks and significally boost 50% of our crappy defense.
The crappy defense is our weakest point in the past 6 years and its flanks has been completely overlooked.
We do not have any alternatives than to spend cash to upgrade the utter trash material we have as wingbacks.

Whilst on the center of our midfield, we have made the greatest investments already, discredit them completely and set them as priorities to eat up the bulk of our remaining funds again and again is unwise imo.

In the long run the money we are about to lose when we sell off, is the money that have been paid by the same pocket and those money were limited and were supposed to solve all of our problems. We cannot spend all to fine tune just one part of our problems and completely ignore some completely broken parts of team.

If we sell Melo for 15 mil and Sissoko for 5, we are wasting 10+6=16mil of the money of our investors and then demand an extra 14-18mil for Aquilani and about 15 for Inler, its an easy choice to make as a fun, but who asks our investor, if his willing to make a 45-50mil of investment again, to fix again our midfield, after doing the same already twice with Tiago+Almiron and then Mello+Sissoko.
Mello was really shining before we bought him, in a smaller team we was looking at least as shiny as Inler looks today in such a team.
Only he has the credibility of being a Brazilian playing in that level among world class players in his NT too.
And this year too, he has proven that he is not any worse than Aquilani too.

After you were an investor, and you were told to pay 50mil for Tiago and Almiron and then since they have failed 50 mil for Melo and Sissoko but you were promised that this time your investment will pay back with titles, woud you be willing to spend yet another 50mil to Inler + Aquilani without any type of guarantees this time?
Without any signs of Inler or Aquilani being so many times better than Melo, in order to ensure that they will bring such a huge step forwards in our favor, apart from the enthusiasm that new players might do better.
And if we have 50mil to spend and only 50 mil, wouldnt to spend them in places that were completely overlooked (LB,LM,RB) and our crappy material there unsures that any solid investment will be a significally upgrade to what we have and will bring a certain boost on our overall performance because of that!

I know that most of the fans ignore those fans and prefer wishful thinking and on hanging on the unrealistic demands and expectations.
But when you see the big picture, i believe that you will agree, that a certain and significant boost on our performance, along with the eliminations of weaklings from our starters, will benefit our team more than some flips and tricks, both now and in the future, and will pave the way for an Aguero like magician, to actually make a difference with those flicks, unlike our current situation, where every effort upfront is watered down as importance, due to defensive flukes...

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlPrincipino

Aug 28, 2010
I disagree, a rational decision is considering everything!
We do not have unlimited money, we have a certain amount of cash and we have a certain amount of squad players/slots to fill in.
We are building up a team that is supposedly meant to become competitive some day.
Such a team cannot be build within a season,esp if we have a limited amount of money, we have to be patient and have a solid plan that will flourish in the long run.
There were made some irrational decisions in our transfer strategy for a variety of reasons (unrealistic expectations from the board, inexperienced and clueless directors, critical mistakes at chosing our priorities, stubborn fixes with young and Italian, priority in the quantity of our squad players, rather the quality of starters etc etc)
That ´s not the way business is done. You dont let mistakes from the past interfere in your actual decision. If you massively overpaid assets in the past, you fire the guy that took those decisions, but you dont consider it when you have to make a decision for the present and the future. It is called sunk costs, and it is a basic principle of business.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
but some times those costs are not mandatory and can be avoided.
We dont have the funds to upgrade everything in our squad and we must make some compromises, as its not essential to upgrade from Melo+Sissoko to Aquilani+Inler,
we could either spend that money to replace our wingbacks, (since they dont have Marchisio+Pirlo depth, not even Melo quality ones), or buy just Inler and keep Melo, minimizing those loses, upgrading/refreshing our midfield and still have 10mil to spend on a wingback.

Anything but the most unwise choice of making maximum loses as buying Inler and Aquilani and selling Melo+Sissoko
and sacrifices at our wingbacks because of that, by brining yet another free trash...

IlPrincipino

Aug 28, 2010
but some times those costs are not mandatory and can be avoided.
We dont have the funds to upgrade everything in our squad and we must make some compromises, as its not essential to upgrade from Melo+Sissoko to Aquilani+Inler,
we could either spend that money to replace our wingbacks, (since they dont have Marchisio+Pirlo depth, not even Melo quality ones), or buy just Inler and keep Melo, minimizing those loses, upgrading/refreshing our midfield and still have 10mil to spend on a wingback.

Anything but the most unwise choice of making maximum loses as buying Inler and Aquilani and selling Melo+Sissoko
and sacrifices at our wingbacks because of that, by brining yet another free trash...
Well, that is another thing that saying that we shouldnt buy Aquilani and Inler and sell Melo and Melo because we would loose 50M.
I do think that going from Melo-Sissoko to Inler-Aquilani is a massive improvemente, but now with Pirlo in the team I dont think we need Aquilani. I would sell Melo and Sissoko, buy Inler and spend money in fullbacks, because as you said we need to improve our defense a lot.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Well, that is another thing that saying that we shouldnt buy Aquilani and Inler and sell Melo and Melo because we would loose 50M.
I do think that going from Melo-Sissoko to Inler-Aquilani is a massive improvemente, but now with Pirlo in the team I dont think we need Aquilani. I would sell Melo and Sissoko, buy Inler and spend money in fullbacks, because as you said we need to improve our defense a lot.
exactly, to make some compromises is acceptable, but not ultimate sacrifices for a minor and questionable update.

I would hate to see us compromising the acquisition of decent one more year, only to see Melo+sissoko replaced by Aquilani+Inler.
And then been proved lesser to no upgrades and still suffer from out chronic wingbacks issues for yet another year.

This is why i objected at buying Melo at the first place. But with Zeglier coming, i see us following the path os spending big cash to change the CMs and ignore the fullbacks once again...

IlPrincipino

Aug 28, 2010
exactly, to make some compromises is acceptable, but not ultimate sacrifices for a minor and questionable update.

I would hate to see us compromising the acquisition of decent one more year, only to see Melo+sissoko replaced by Aquilani+Inler.
And then been proved lesser to no upgrades and still suffer from out chronic wingbacks issues for yet another year.

This is why i objected at buying Melo at the first place. But with Zeglier coming, i see us following the path os spending big cash to change the CMs and ignore the fullbacks once again...
Im completely sure we are not going to buy Aquilani and he is most likely ending in Milan. But I think we are going to invest in fullbacks this season, because our fullbacks are a joke.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Agent: " Within 24hrs Juve will give me an answer on Aquilani "
I wonder if the decision on Aquilani depends on the price or the possible arrival of Inler and Pazienza.

Definitely an overkill to buy Aquilani if Conte wants to play 4-4-2 should Inler and Pazienza also arrive.

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
Juve, Liverpool or Milan for Aquilani

There is confusion over the future of Alberto Aquilani after his agent opened the door for a Milan move.

Juventus netted the midfielder from Liverpool last summer in a loan deal with the option to buy him outright for €16m.

However, that option expired on May 15 and it is unclear whether Juve will keep the Italian international or not.

“All season Juventus have always given me the necessary guarantees that they want to keep Alberto,” agent Franco Zavaglia told Tutto Juve.

“The next 24 hours will be decisive. Any eventual economic agreements will follow after Juventus make their decision.”

Aquilani has this morning been paired with a possible move to Milan and Zavaglia refused to rule out that possibility.

“Who wouldn’t like to play for Milan? Milan are a model club,” the representative continued.

“If Juventus can’t do a deal for Alberto and he has to return to Liverpool, then Milan would certainly be a destination that he would accept.”

FT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)