Alberta Tampona Aquilani (96 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Marchisio, Inler, Melo, Pirlo + Pazienza would be fine!
I m pleased with that, selling Melo is losing 10mil, so we better sell the more limited Sissoko.
Buying Aquilani for 14-18 mil would be a waste, as he is not really determined to give his best for us and we can get a younger, better and cheaper player, like Inler.
Pirlo and Marchisio will be great for depth, both actual and tactical, as they allow more option for systems and formations.

3 new players is refreshing enough and we only pay less than what Liverpool asks for Aquilani.
thats a balanced mercato any sane person would approve.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Marchisio, Inler, Melo, Pirlo + Pazienza would be fine!
I m pleased with that, selling Melo is losing 10mil, so we better sell the more limited Sissoko.
Buying Aquilani for 14-18 mil would be a waste, as he is not really determined to give his best for us and we can get a younger, better and cheaper player, like Inler.
Pirlo and Marchisio will be great for depth, both actual and tactical, as they allow more option for systems and formations.
Just to clarify. Aquilani is younger than Inler, 10 days exactly.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Signing him certainly means Melo will be sold, unless we aren't planning on getting Inler. However, a midfield comprising Aquilani, Pirlo, Marchisio, and Pazienza with no Melo and no acquisition of Inler wreaks of absolute shit!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Signing him certainly means Melo will be sold, unless we aren't planning on getting Inler. However, a midfield comprising Aquilani, Pirlo, Marchisio, and Pazienza with no Melo and no acquisition of Inler wreaks of absolute shit!
Yeah, tell me about it. And I'm sure Marotta's gonna sell Chiellini too. Imagine a defence comprising Motta, Bonucci, Barzagli and Grosso :inter:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Perhaps I am mistaken in my perceptions of Inler...as I see him much more like Melo than Aquilani, and aquilani is much more like Pirlo than Melo or Inler...Creators and Destroyers, although they are obviously not so singular in their talents. I am a huge fan of Melo, and believe he can improve further. Him and Inler would be quality for the dog of war position in CM. Then Aqui and Pirlo can battle it out for the regista role. This is assuming we are to play 4 across the middle (which even a 4-2-4 will be at times, when the wing forwards come back to midfield to help out and get the ball).

If however we are to play 3 in the middle..Inler and Melo either side of Pirlo/Aqui, could be fuking superb. With marchisio and pazienza the subs/challengers for Inler and Melo.

I hope its the second case, with krasic high up on the right, matri in the middle and quags on the left.

Buffon
Beck Bonucci Chiellini Ziegle
Melo Pirlo Inler
Krasic Matri Quag

Swap Quag for Sanchez/aquero, buy Beck and Lichsteiner. But then again as I wrote elsewhere, i have ONLY seen sanchez as something very special when he plays through the middle...aquero would be more suitable for the wide prong of the 3 in attack???

Still, even without any massive upgrades in attack the above formation, with a decent spirit, and some luck, should get us into the top 3. Add in a world class replacement for quag, and we look more solid...because what happens when any of the front 3 get crunched??? we have a Martinez, dead iaquinta, pepe, and Dp...very worrying lack of depth in offensive department.

but yes...melo pirlo inler midfield...could be incredibly strong.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Can anyone with more knowledge of such matters please confirm to me, that...I am Right in perceiving Inler as far closer to Melo than Pirlo/Aquilani?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)