Alberta Tampona Aquilani (7 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
We will end up getting him, at a reduced price. Liverpool have been doing brilliantly since the return of King Kenny, why would they upset the balance of their newly successful midfield and general tactical set-up???

I had confused myself in the past thinking that we had paid 4m towards his potential transfer, when the 4m is merely his wages. t'was a free loan, with us paying 100% of his wages...16m, especially in pounds not euros, is too much for a player with obviously good technique, but not a great mentality. We can do better than that, for less money.

His form has dropped miserably since the new year, like most the team...other than DP and Melo.

Quags is the kind of player to bring the best out of aquilani, as he is constantly on the move, slipping into spaces and intelligently seeing/sniffing out opportunities to make runs...without players in your team who do that, with the rest of the offensive unit predictable in their movements, easy to mark, and basically just moving forwards and backwards in the position, like table football players, its pointless having a regista like aquilani.

its true what some people have said in that nobody moves intelligently. So alberto is forced to try short passes constantly, and defend more than attack. which is most definitely not his natural forte.

Bring Quags back, fit and healthy...add another offensive player ( left winger for example), whose movement is quality...and alberto will easily be worth 12m...maybe the full 16m. But at the moment, we have a slowly recuperating quags, and nobody else in the final third with truly intelligent movement.

Its harder for a regista to maintain fine form when the team slumps as a whole, than it is for Melo...Melo ALWAYS has the opportunity to fight, its his natural game, and fighting always needs to be done, in every match. He can throw himself around and be beastly, look brilliant, even if the offence is terrible. Whereas the regista's role becomes basically a defensive midfielder who can pass short..when the players in front of him don't create opportunities for receiving passes.
Nicely put mate

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If we can get him for 8, I'd take it without thinking twice.
Aquilani and Krasic. Both had very good, excellent at some point, first part of the season and dreadful second part. Of course, it wasn't something unexpected. The former hardly played ~15 matches a season for years, struggled with injuries and I was sure that if he won't get injured and keeps playing, his body won't be able to take it and he'll be a ghost. Krasic on the other hand was a sure bet that he won't have the strength for the 2nd part of the season. There is a very small number of players who can play non-stop and still keep the same tempo. Milos isn't one of them but most of the players aren't anyway.
I'm 100% sure that both will be at their best next season.

Now, back to Aquilani. He's 26 and if we buy him for 8m we can always get back our investment in the next 2-3 years, even if he fails. He is wanted in Italy and he left his mark as a quality player. We will always find a buyer for him, unlike many of the players we got in the last years, which we struggled to offload.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
RAMI¹⁰;3009123 said:
There's no way that Liverpool will halve his value.
I'd be satisfied with 12 mln...
We'll see. It's gonna take skill and luck to get him for 8. If Liverpool don't want him, don't want to pay his pretty big wages and other teams don't show interest in him, we might actually get him even for 8, but it's gonna be hard.
In any case, I'd keep him for a reasonable price, simply because if we don't keep him (and we're probably selling Sissoko) we will need two new CMs and I don't trust that our board will do a good job there. I'd hate to see us replacing Aquilani and Sissoko with Pirlo and Palombo.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
We'll see. It's gonna take skill and luck to get him for 8. If Liverpool don't want him, don't want to pay his pretty big wages and other teams don't show interest in him, we might actually get him even for 8, but it's gonna be hard.
In any case, I'd keep him for a reasonable price, simply because if we don't keep him (and we're probably selling Sissoko) we will need two new CMs and I don't trust that our board will do a good job there. I'd hate to see us replacing Aquilani and Sissoko with Pirlo and Palombo.
100% agreed...
The key point to lower his price, is other teams not to show interest in him.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I don't want him for 2m euros. Why should we buy him if he's not going to add anything? Those funds might make the difference in a deal for a world class player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)